• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Spiller has never even played. He can’t even play STs. Folks here have propped up this guy for years now.
    They didn’t draft another RB in a draft in which they could not afford to waste picks so they would have him be the 4th guy. Spiller is gone.
    Yer probably right...Dot is the PS backup...

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Spiller has never even played. He can’t even play STs. Folks here have propped up this guy for years now.
        They didn’t draft another RB in a draft in which they could not afford to waste picks so they would have him be the 4th guy. Spiller is gone.
        I wouldn’t consider 2 years under a shitty coaching staff, “for years”. Spiller is talented he is still young. I believe this coaching staff will give him a chance to prove himself.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think Vidal is just as much for insurance of Dobbins making it through the season and battle Spiller for RB 3. Either way, I think they keep 4. Them they go into 2025 with Edwards, Spiller and Vidal.
          Vidal is more more than insurance. This guy is going to turn some heads this year. He knows how to carry the rock. Him and Gus will be a nice 1-2 combo.
          Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
          REC: 8
          YARDS: 89
          TDS: 2

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Line 'em up three deep, and let 'em compere.

Did you see the fat boy road grader O-linemen the Bolts signed as UDFA?!? The message is clear, this team is looking for MAULERS!
            Extra maulers always welcome...
            Last edited by Topcat; 04-28-2024, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Duck of Death
              Social Piranha
              • May 2022
              • Flyover, USA
              • Send PM

He reminds me of Ray Rice.

Good call. Hopefully less slappy.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I wouldn’t consider 2 years under a shitty coaching staff, “for years”. Spiller is talented he is still young. I believe this coaching staff will give him a chance to prove himself.
                Those are just excuses. If he was worth playing he would of have showed that he could play.
                He’s never even sniffed the field. Thats not the coaching staffs fault. It’s his.
                Other players during that same staff showed out and played. Tuli came in and immediately took over and he did it against the best positional competition on the team. Ekeler got hurt, never saw Spiller.
                For some reason this guy gets every excuse in the book and he just keeps sitting on the bench collecting pay checks. For years. …Hell, they’ve practically played everyone but him!
                Hes gone.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Vidal is more more than insurance. This guy is going to turn some heads this year. He knows how to carry the rock. Him and Gus will be a nice 1-2 combo.
                  Trapasso in his review of Vidal said he sees him as a playoff-caliber RB...

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

There is something else going on with Spiller, why doesn't he play on STs? it's not like STs is rocket science, you just have to be a team player and get after it to help the team in terms of roster management, it's not like Spiller is LT or someone like that, he was drafted in the 4rth round for fuck's sake...Sony Michel didn't play on STs but he was a former #1 pick and was being counted on to be one of the top backs, I can almost understand Sony being a bit more of a prima donna...but what's Spiller's excuse? The Spiller thing is bigger than what he's shown or not shown on the field, he's been a healthy scratch even when it was common sense that his number would be called due to injuries, why is that? and just because there is a new coaching staff doesn't mean that the new coaches aren't concerned about that history whatever it is, I certainly hope that Spiller has a good explanation to offer the new administration because if he's unwilling to play his part on STs then he's not going to be a Charger past training camp...

If they are going to get anywhere with him then they are going to need to get him to come out of his bubble, assuming they even think it's worthwhile to work with the kid...so this summer in preseason if we see Spiller playing on STs with gusto, then that tells me that he bought into the new culture and the new coaches which means he has a shot to stick around, if it's more of the same from the past two years then he's not gonna be here, either they trade him for a conditional 7th round pick or something like that or they just cut him outright...
                    The Spiller-situation is something to monitor, assuming there even is a situation.
                    I'm not going to trash all over Staley/Moore just because they're not here but maybe there was a general mismanagement of assests.
                    I expect Spiller to be given every chance to climb the RB depth chart but at the same.time, no automatic oyalty from Jim and company... basically, the way it should be for every 2023 Chargers still on the roster.
                    Darius "4.36" Davis
                    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Honorable mention pre draft.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

U mean OT Tyler Smith, 6-5, 326#...dude has a 92% run-blocking grade and was projected to go in round 3...what a find! Might even work out at G. I'd like to see this bad boy on our red zone run packages!!!

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...Smith-OL-Tulsa
                        That's the wrong Tyler Smith. We signed this one from Western Carolina...https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/06/tyler-smith-2/

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Those are just excuses. If he was worth playing he would of have showed that he could play.
                          He’s never even sniffed the field. Thats not the coaching staffs fault. It’s his.
                          Other players during that same staff showed out and played. Tuli came in and immediately took over and he did it against the best positional competition on the team. Ekeler got hurt, never saw Spiller.
                          For some reason this guy gets every excuse in the book and he just keeps sitting on the bench collecting pay checks. For years. …Hell, they’ve practically played everyone but him!
                          Hes gone.
                          If he’s gone, he’s gone! All we are doing here is speculating. Either way, he will get his shot to make the team, he won’t just be gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X