• Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

So what's up with Josh Perry?

The Bolts moved Kyle Emanuel over to the middle yesterday alongside Toomer and I had to wonder with all of the injuries at the MLB position, what is going on with Josh Perry? Nick Hardwick did say a few weeks ago that Perry moved like a barge and I'm sure that's part of it. Obviously that would make him a liability in pass coverage. He's supposed to be a run stuffer though and going against DeMarco Murray yesterday one would think he would get more than a few snaps. I'm curious what you guys have heard.
  • JDA21
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

have not heard anything but he looks like a whiff

Comment

• Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Maybe he lasted to the 4th round for a reason. To say the pick was a "whiff" seems a bit premature

Comment

• JDA21
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
        Maybe he lasted to the 4th round for a reason. To say the pick was a "whiff" seems a bit premature
        agreed but it is not a good sign if he can barely sniff the field with all the injuries at LB

hoping for the best but so far it does not look promising

Toomer has impressed me with his nose for the ball and penchant for big plays though

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Could be that he is just so raw that he isn't ready to play.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Toomer also has a lot more experience (although practice squad) than Perry. Pete Carroll loved Toomer, but he had to let him go due to injury.

Comment

• JDA21
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Could be that he is just so raw that he isn't ready to play.
              hoping that's the case...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Also, just wanted to say Props to Emanuel for moving inside, and not being too bad.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltergeist
                  Pesky apparition
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Baja Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

PFF had him listed as our fifth highest graded defensive player. I watched the game on an iPad mini in a car going 80 miles an hour (no I wasn't at the wheel), so I had trouble seeing individual players' numbers.

PS Not that I put that much stock in PFF, it just indicates that he must have played some.
                  Last edited by Boltergeist; 11-07-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

When we drafted our players this year i was anticipating a major shift to a 43 Under type of scheme. And that his role would be at SAM and Bosa at Leo. He was a pretty solid TE coverage guy in college thats why i projected him outside on the strongside. Hes been getting handled by blockers this year. Against the Falcons he got pushed so far outside on the Coleman TD run that Emmanuel looked silly trying to plug a massive hole. Both of those guys have a lot to learn. And shouldn't be playing alongside each other on any given down. But at the end of the day i think Perry needs more time to get rounded in his type of roll with us. Because its not exactly the same thing he was doing at OSU. Id rather we just groom him at OLB.

Because in time i think he could be better than Emannuel.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Nobody is better than Emmanuel, her movies were erotic.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                        The Bolts moved Kyle Emanuel over to the middle yesterday alongside Toomer and I had to wonder with all of the injuries at the MLB position, what is going on with Josh Perry? Nick Hardwick did say a few weeks ago that Perry moved like a barge and I'm sure that's part of it. Obviously that would make him a liability in pass coverage. He's supposed to be a run stuffer though and going against DeMarco Murray yesterday one would think he would get more than a few snaps. I'm curious what you guys have heard.
                        If you watch any of the videos attached to his "Welcome" thread, he looks slow moving laterally, hence Hardwick( a far greater judge of talent than any one of us) making the barge comment.
                        Obviously, Te'o isn't speedy either moving side to side. But he has good instincts and has been in the system for 3 years +. So maybe with time and reps, Perry can be a serviceable guy.

Comment

Working...
                        X