Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Beebe @ #69.
    Khristian Boyd @ #105.
    Back to back short armed ass kickers.
    Yes !!

I'd get all goose pimply drafting either at #11.
    I kind of like Fuaga a bit better in pass pro ... shutting down Latu helped,
    but there were a few other plays that I liked, cutting edge guys off on perfectly timed blitzes.

I use the term spider tingling because you did nail the Quentin Johnston pick last year.
    You should put that in your profile this draft season, as a cautionary tale to those who doubt you.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Weird way to look at it as I think they were in the SB because of their defenses...but...to each their own....
      It was both O and D with SF having the more imoressive postseason stats until the SB which went into OT and KC won with blown coverage Kelce TD.

They were complete teams. Something Harbaugh expects and demands with LAC.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Other than that Charger coach instructing him at the combine, why Latham over Fuaga, wu-dai?

Are your spider senses tingling?
        I'd be fine with either.

And having listened to the Money/Lorenzo/Brooks podcast, I am still not certain why your ass kicker on the right side has to be an RT, and not a guard.

Beebe fits the profile of a Harbaugh mauler, and you can get him in the 2nd round.
        Could be an OG... especially if they see Salyer as a RT.
        But Roman and Devlin historically have had better records when both OT's are better (higher picks)... while their OG's have been mid/late rounders.
        OLineCentric

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'd get all goose pimply drafting ei"Auntie Alt" is such a stubborn Charger fan...ther at #11.
          I kind of like Fuaga a bit better in pass pro ... shutting down Latu helped,
          but there were a few other plays that I liked, cutting edge guys off on perfectly timed blitzes.

I use the term spider tingling because you did nail the Quentin Johnston pick last year.
          You should put that in your profile this draft season, as a cautionary tale to those who doubt you.
          "Auntie Alt" is such a stubborn Charger fan...
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Jrock1970
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2024
            • Send PM

Dallas, Odunze or Bowers i guess

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Brock Bowers: Our offensive system allows system TE's drafted in middle rounds be able to contribute. Bowers would excel.

Joe Alt: At the end of the day he's your day 1 starter and immediate backup at LT. Lowest risk imho.

Malik Nabers: Our new run offense stresses the front D. Nabers attacks that soft mid field with potential to cut outside in elite fashion. Only 20 years old too.

Odunze: A Keenan Allen clone with ability to beat press man and get down field.

Man hard to elect one at #5. I'd say Brock Bowers. Easy integration into the offensive system. Explosive and has better YAC than any of the big 3 WR prospects. Top NFL TE's get paid less than 20 mil. (14 mil range) so cheaper in long term. Provides a security blanket for Herbert against all out blitzes. Red Zone Weapon. Allows us to attain the elite combo of (QB + HC + TE + defense) which the latest couple of SB winning teams have these past few seasons.

Con: Unprecedented for TE to go #5 overall. Such a dude literally needs to have transcending talent beyond just a TE.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I voted Nabers but also wouldn't be upset with Bowers in this scenario with no trade partner.

But we've had everything break our way this offseason so my prediction is still that MHJr will be there somehow at #5. What we do with it....I'm not certain.

​​
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

PFF has us drafting Joe Alt at 5 due to not having a trade partner, depth at WR in the draft, and Harbaughs love for the big uglies. I trust the process, but this board is gonna puke when this happens LOL.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Balcony
                    • Senile Agitator
                    • Send PM

Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post
                      PFF has us drafting Joe Alt at 5 due to not having a trade partner, depth at WR in the draft, and Harbaughs love for the big uglies. I trust the process, but this board is gonna puke when this happens LOL.
                      I'm making a personal pledge not to get too emotionally worked up with who we draft at #5. Now the other picks lol.....

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post

I trust Harbaugh and not second guessing his picks. So if it’s Alt, that’s fine with me because Harbaugh is making a statement he can’t get it done with Pip.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I trust Harbaugh and not second guessing his picks. So if it’s Alt, that’s fine with me because Harbaugh is making a statement he can’t get it done with Pip.
                          Agreed, I think I would be fine with it.

The question then becomes, who do you ask to play RT? Alt or Slater? An embarrassment of riches at OT.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X