Quentin Johnston is NOT a bust: Here's why....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jox g
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Quentin Johnston is NOT a bust: Here's why....

Is Mike Williams a bust? Nope. Compare QJ's 1st year numbers to MW's 1st year number. QJ's is BETTER! Peace out.

Checkout the latest stats for Mike Williams. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Checkout the latest stats for Quentin Johnston. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

A better comparison might be....

Post-Draft Analysis Johnston is a big target with vertical stretch ability, something Charger fans have been begging for in this offense. With Kellen Moore coming in as offensive coordinator, Johnston will combine with veterans Keenan Allen and Mike Williams to give Justin Herbert a trio at wide receiver that could look very

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

He looks like a bust not necessarily by his numbers but his total lack of confidence on the field. It would be difficult for any staff to watch his tape from last season and have any confidence in him to ever amount to anything.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Let's hope not, because at least until Draft day, he is our only hope to be a #1 WR.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

QJ will be playing on a different team this year. Same QB, different HC, OC, WR coach and some new teammates.
          My guess, he'll be good and improving in 2024 with a rookie WR who will challenge him.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Hes not a bust because he has only played his rookie year.

But that the only reason hes not. He is on his way if he continues to not improve as he has not improved since he was drafted.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

his play was some of the most frustrating. he coulda had a much better season if he didnt drop so many balls and had some semblance of route running. I still remember that perfect long pass at the end of the game that woulda been a TD, at least a game-winning FG...but fell right thru his brick hands. I cant call him a bust just yet purely because he's only played 1 year but he's right at the edge of that cliff.

Comment

• BadMoonRising
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2024
                • Send PM

Lot of dropped passes last year in Key Situations from all our wide receivers except from the 13.

I expect Harbaugh to address this, even if we lost our big name guys.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BadMoonRising View Post
                  Lot of dropped passes last year in Key Situations from all our wide receivers except from the 13.

I expect Harbaugh to address this, even if we lost our big name guys.
                  Sanjay Lal, WR coach. Good rep and Harbaugh chose him.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                    I still remember that perfect long pass at the end of the game that woulda been a TD, at least a game-winning FG...but fell right thru his brick hands.
                    ----------------------------------------­--------------------------📸 Instagram: @SimplyAS10.prod----------------------------------------­-------------------...

He'll remember it too. I expect he and JH10 to work on those plays so that QJ improves on his catches.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                      Is Mike Williams a bust? Nope. Compare QJ's 1st year numbers to MW's 1st year number. QJ's is BETTER! Peace out.

Checkout the latest stats for Mike Williams. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JohnQu02.htm
                      These are good points. But we don't know if QJ is or is not a bust yet, he could rebound in his 2nd season like MW did, or maybe he doesn't, and he's just not suited to play in the NFL. We will find out this season what QJ is or is not made of. IMO, it's 50-50 on whether he will evolved into a quality player. Some times 1st round WRs just never adjust to the NFL. The year MW was drafted, 2017, there was a WR taken two picks before him at #5 and another taken two picks after him at #9. Both of those WRs were NFL failures.

One thing I hope is certain, is that the new offensive coaches will know how to use QJ to his strengths, and not try to press him into be a MW clone, which, despite his size, he is not.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

I feel like the eye test is more important than the numbers sometimes and to me he fails the eye test. He just does not look like a #1 yet. To be honest, by the eye test he did no look like # 1 coming out of college.

He's slow off the line, gets manhandled and can't get separation, has questionable hands (obviously) and to me, the worst part is he is sorta clunky. He's just not fluid, he does not move like an NFL receiver.

All that said, here' to hoping he leads the league in TDs next season!
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                        X