Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    I think any one slandering Keenan's name because he refused a pay cut should take their next bonus and 20% of their paycheck and give it to their boss in the spirit of being a team player and wanting to show you want to be at the company.
    Ridiculous comparison.
    but yes, if my job as a loss prevention manager made me millions annually to the point where I've secured my family's financial wellbeing for generations to come as early as 6 years ago, I will absolutely consider a paycut if I don't want to risk being sent to work in Chicago. I'll piss and moan but I won't be afraid of not having enough money, I won't worry about not being away from my school aged children or my beautiful wife.
    some things in life are worth more than money and it's okay to point that out as an opinion.
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

We’ll agree to disagree. I see it the exact opposite and don’t think asking a team leader to take less money a month into your tenure after negotiating a huge contract yourself is Kosher. It smacks of a lack of respect for players who have been performing and doing things the right way. These players don’t exactly have forever to make money and Allen earned his contract. I don’t see anyone going to the owners and asking them to take less money, we sure as heck don’t see anyone asking Harbaugh to take less money but Allen needs to be asked to take less money.

And if you think that’s fine cool, that’s your right. But this team is objectively worse without Allen on it regardless of the moves made (short of a blockbuster we all know won’t happen).

I don’t care what mid tier scrub we sign and what rookie we get this team is not as good without Allen on it. It just isn’t.
      We will have to wait and see I guess. Last year with Keenan Allen we were 5-12, with a very predictable offense with no run game and no deep threat that forced the ball to Keenan, inflating his stats. Lets if this years team does better than that with no Keenan.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ridiculous comparison.
        but yes, if my job as a loss prevention manager made me millions annually to the point where I've secured my family's financial wellbeing for generations to come as early as 6 years ago, I will absolutely consider a paycut if I don't want to risk being sent to work in Chicago. I'll piss and moan but I won't be afraid of not having enough money, I won't worry about not being away from my school aged children or my beautiful wife.
        some things in life are worth more than money and it's okay to point that out as an opinion.
        People always assume that people with more money than them should be able to just say" well damn I am rich already so who cares about money I should be just as happy making less money because at least I am still making a lot more than Joe Fan".

sorry If i am wading toward political opinion with that
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

People always assume that people with more money than them should be able to just say" well damn I am rich already so who cares about money I should be just as happy making less money because at least I am still making a lot more than Joe Fan".

I am never going to judge if an NFL player gets what they can
          contract structure is so different than MLB and NBA

that said, I understand the Chargers point of view

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well if Teleso and Staley hadn't screwed things up last year by pushing all their chips in -- this year wouldn't be a rebuild year - last year should have been the year to start the rebuild

If being honest about Herberts career , last offseason is when BOsa should have been traded and Allen traded or released.

Agreed - but they didn't have the balls . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Hindsight being 20/20 we shouldn’t have signed Herbert for 50+ mil and traded him to get draft capital and let Harbaugh draft his boy JJ and rebuild for 3 years.

But here we are so…
              Herbert's signing was a no-brainer, but the 'roll it back again' campaign was a disaster; It was obvious when they did it that it was the wrong move for the team. Many here pointed this out. It was lazy on TT / Staley's part, and they showed a truly outstanding ability to disregard reality . . . . . . . . . They took the easy way out . . . . . . . . . . . . aaaaaaand her we are

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It was obvious when they did it (the roll it back again campaign) that it was the wrong move for the team. Many here pointed this out. It was lazy on TT / Staley's part, and they showed a truly outstanding ability to disregard reality . . . . . . . . . They took the easy way out . . . . . . . . . . . . aaaaaaand her we are
                But if you’re trying to sell to your superstar QB that this is the place to be while stripping away his favorite teammates and weapons you’re probably doing it wrong.

Sure it can be argued it’s a year too late but if that’s the case we would have had to move on from Herbert as well.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

I think any one slandering Keenan's name because he refused a pay cut should take their next bonus and 20% of their paycheck and give it to their boss in the spirit of being a team player and wanting to show you want to be at the company.

This is so incorrect I can't even begin to list the ways . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

We will have to wait and see I guess. Last year with Keenan Allen we were 5-12, with a very predictable offense with no run game and no deep threat that forced the ball to Keenan, inflating his stats. Lets if this years team does better than that with no Keenan.
                    We don’t have a choice and I’ll Still root for the team but I damn sure don’t like the move. Let’s just say I’m not as happy about the Harbaugh move today than I was pre Keenan and I don’t trust him anymore than I can throw him, which is probably maybe a couple feet at most lol.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

No I don't think you should be happy, I clearly said I'd bitch and moan, but I do you should make a wise decision for yourself and your family when faced with 2 bad options, especially so when you've already made life changing money.
                      I'm 100% pro capitalism and if KA values having more money more than having continuity with family and career legacy then we simply have different values, but I doubt that's the case.
                      Darius "4.36" Davis
                      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Keenan said no to extension but didn't know beforehand he'd end up in Chicago playing 10 games a year outside in the cold, 9 at home 1 in G.B. with a rookie QB (I think the Bears should trade the 1 to D.C.) so if the Bears are horrible wonder if we could trade for him back or maybe he can come back next year with an apology.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

But if you’re trying to sell to your superstar QB that this is the place to be while stripping away his favorite teammates and weapons you’re probably doing it wrong.

Sure it can be argued it’s a year too late but if that’s the case we would have had to move on from Herbert as well.

Let's wait for the draft and the rest of the offseason to play out before we panic. Admittedly it doesn't look great right now - but there's a long way to go still . . . . . . . . . . In the long run it may actually be better to wean Justin off of his security blanket and essentially force him to look at the entire field . . . . . . . . . . . the offense as a whole will work better when the ball is spread around, and it won't go into the tank if one guy sprains an ankle . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X