• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Well, let's not start punching each other's nuts quite yet...
    No kidding. If we lose to the Broncos, the simultaneous cracking sound of all of those ankles breaking as people jump off the bandwagon will be deafening!

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      No kidding. If we lose to the Broncos, the simultaneous cracking sound of all of those ankles breaking as people jump off the bandwagon will be deafening!
      I don't think so Rich. Even with a lose to the Donkeys we can still get to 500 at the 'bye'. I think that Miami game looms big, but at least we have them at home. The stretch run includes 6 very winnable games with our toughest opponents having to come to our house. If we can get to the 'bye' with no more significant injuries, heal/rest up for the stretch and maybe get a player back from IR (did we designate a player to return?) I like our chances.

Of course the usual suspects will have there doubts, but that's just who they are. #hatersgonnahate
      sigpic

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I agree with the notion that a split with Denver is not earth shattering. It would be nice if they won and I think they can, but the season is shaping up for a turnaround.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

This game with Denver is our last shot at having a winning division record. Division record is the most important tie breaker after head to head.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

According to the stat geeks, this week's game is much more important to our playoff chances than most seem to think:

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Hmmm, a win gets us back to 500, but doesn't even get us to 50% chance to make the playoffs? Not sure I agree. We beat the Donkeys and we damn near put our destiny in our own hands. We will own a huge tie breaker against a team that will probably be there at the end.
              sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

It's not worth getting too worried about yet. I think of the situation as being a little like the year we were 4-8 under Norv and won the division. Just go out, and take care of your business and the rest will take care of itself.

Looking at the rest of the AFC, NE is the only other team that is impressive at all. Pitt, Buff, Houston, and Tenn all have 4 wins (Tenn is 4-4), and Pitt and Hou are their division leaders. It is possible for us to make the playoffs as the 3rd wild card. And if we can win out (or only lose 1) we might be able to win the division outright. We have a weak non-divisional schedule from here on out.

The Chargers just need to figure out how to win the close games from here on out. The tough part is that with the rest of the division playing well too, there is no margin for error.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

The AFC West still has a lot of in division games left. The Broncos have 2 games each left against the Raiders and Chiefs. The Chiefs still play the Broncos twice, host the Raiders and play here. And the Raiders still have to play here, in KC and the Broncos twice. Win this game and we are in good shape to control our own destiny. Lose and it will obviously be much harder, but we'll still have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X