• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

If we keep rivers, then I would sign rocky long.

Tough son of a bitch who turned losers into winners.

He would turn our defense into a top ten defense and run a pro style offense.

He would want players to fit his mindset or they would be gone.

You could pretty much make anyone oc with rivers. The

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

Trust me. Rocky is why the aztecs win. Not hoke. He sucks.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

At his presser when he took the job after that asshole Hoke stabbbed their back, Rocky Long specifically said the SDSU job was his last one. He's gonna be like Steve Fisher on the football side. No way he'd go to the NFL or anywhere.

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          At his presser when he took the job after that asshole Hoke stabbbed their back, Rocky Long specifically said the SDSU job was his last one. He's gonna be like Steve Fisher on the football side. No way he'd go to the NFL or anywhere.
          Too bad.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
            Too bad.
            Not for SDSU.

Comment

• shogun
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The official source for Los Angeles Chargers news, schedules, stats, scores, tickets and more.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He still gets it.

"I get frustrated some of the time because I used to always believe in a strong running game, and I wanted to be a very physical team, and some teams have gotten away from that. I wanted to knock people off the ball and establish a strong running game, but at the same time throw the ball too.”

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Man, I loved "Boss" Ross.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
                    What coach from the Belichick coaching tree has gone on to find success as a head coach? Has there ever been a single one? When are people going to learn that the Pats excellence is the result of one individual? The rest of the coaches there are interchangeable.....history has proven that.
                    None, from Josh McDaniel, Romo Cromell, Eric Mangini, Charlie Wies- Sucess Rate not so sucessful to just bad.

Patrica does kind of interest me. Who else is out there that would actually come to San Diego with Spanos holding a tight wallet?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                      None, from Josh McDaniel, Romo Cromell, Eric Mangini, Charlie Wies- Sucess Rate not so sucessful to just bad.

Patrica does kind of interest me. Who else is out there that would actually come to San Diego with Spanos holding a tight wallet?
                      Some up & coming OC with a moderate amount of desperation.
                      Like the last one.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
                        What coach from the Belichick coaching tree has gone on to find success as a head coach? Has there ever been a single one? When are people going to learn that the Pats excellence is the result of one individual? The rest of the coaches there are interchangeable.....history has proven that.
                        Yeah, Belichick is an asshole, a cheater, and dresses like a bum but he knows how to run a team. Hell, how many rings does Parcells have without Bellichick on his staff? How many former offensive coordinators have we hired since Coryell? McCoy, Norv, Gilbride, Henning (you could throw in Saunders in there but he was an OC in college). Only one of those had a winning record with the team (yes, I'm speaking of McCoy in the past tense). In there was also Bobby Ross who was pretty much an "old school" football coach (though spent most of his non HC years working with defense or ST) and Marty who most definitely aligned himself with the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                          Hoke didn't stab SDSU in the back. He told the university upfront when interviewing for the SDSU job that if he was ever considered for the Michigan job he would pursue it. The AD of Michigan, however, never gave SDSU a courtesy call before interviewing him. Michigan did have to pay SDSU a million or so in compensation. That is the issue with SDSU. If they ever get a good young coach he won't stay long - he'll be snatched up by a P5 school as soon as he shows promise. Long did, went to Michigan and failed, and got canned. Long is no Steve Fisher. Fisher built a program from nothing and turned it into one that can and does challenge P5 schools (I consider what he has done to be comparable with what Coryell did back in the 60s and 70s with the Aztecs). Long has been somewhat successful but recent success has a lot to do with the fact that the MW conference isn't what it was when it had BYU, Utah, or TCU. Even BSU isn't the power it was a few years ago when they had Peterson as their coach. The conference is very weak in football and starting to become that way in BB as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X