• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol its no big, I’m not trying to start a big controversy about past history. I don’t condemn Andy for de-escalating it in that situation, his mission is to win the SB and nothing else. Sounds like he sort of simped it after the game with TK though. As you describe - I think Staley got a bit of a raw dog here at TPB for basically that exact same mindset and doing that same thing. Staley hoped that if he grabbed it fast enough perhaps the TEAM would not get a penalty. that seemed to be his motive in that moment. Protect the team first.

This place does not always catch on to irony and contradictions. Because no, as someone else posted, it’s absolutely not cool to say its ok if you win (Andy) but not ok if you lose (Staley). Rules are rules, principle is principle, there is nothing worse than the plague of situational ethics that infests like kudzu throughout our society in 2020’s. An honest man cannot say its ok for A but not for B - that is literally anti-ethics anti-morality anti-honor.

My last comment ever on this one - you gotta admit, when Staley handed the helmet back to Joey and Joey then threw it again, in hindsight … that was a fucking hilarious double-bitch-slap by Joey!
    agree that winning does not excuse anything.

I don't even remember the "second helmet throw" - that game was so tragic, that was all kind of a footnote at that point. the real damage had already been done - letting the game slip away (swiss cheese defense showed its true color in the second half, can't run the ball, etc.).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

[QUOTE=northerner;n1640928]

agree that winning does not excuse anything.

I don't even remember the "second helmet throw" - that game was so tragic, that was all kind of a footnote at that point. the real damage had already been done - letting the game slip away (swiss cheese defense showed its true color in the second half, can't run the ball, etc.).

Sides of video are cut but thats Staley that hands it to him after slam #1.

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
      X