• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
    I expect to see another safety signed before the start of TC. Maybe Simmons? I like the Jefferson signing but he is coming out of retirement and was out last year. If Jefferson works out or they find another FA safety that would be huge for DJ and the D. This would allow DJ to move around more. I'm expecting maybe a couple of more signings prior to the start of TC.
    Jefferson took a year off so he’s probably the healthiest guy on the squad. And mentally rejuvenated too. I like him a lot.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Spiller is still under contract, that's the only reason he is here. Sure, they'll give him his opportunities in camp, but they've seen his tape and I'll bet they've drawn the same conclusion I have. He will be gone in the first cutdowns after camp. I don't think my evaluation is dire, I'm just trying to counter this belief that somehow still persists on this board that Spiller still has potential.
      Spiller has the potential to compete for a roster spot. He knows how. Will he do so well remains to be seen. Tape is meaningless. It's up to him about now,

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Spiller has the potential to compete for a roster spot. He knows how. Will he do so well remains to be seen. Tape is meaningless. It's up to him about now,
        Agree....he has had Staley his whole career so i wipe his slate clean. We havent had a good running game with him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Spiller is still under contract, that's the only reason he is here. Sure, they'll give him his opportunities in camp, but they've seen his tape and I'll bet they've drawn the same conclusion I have. He will be gone in the first cutdowns after camp. I don't think my evaluation is dire, I'm just trying to counter this belief that somehow still persists on this board that Spiller still has potential.
          they saw his tape and went and signed 2 RBs and drafted a 3rd. He’s invited to come and surprise. I did hear a coach say they were very impressed with his OTA showing. … which TPB has taught me mean absolutely nothing, despite the naïveté of our ignorant coaching staff. I guess they just got to talk about something, so they throw shit out to feed the PR machine during the dark days.

Gus and Dobbins knocks are availability - Dobbins in particular who has really excellent abilities. Alas both unavailable after briefly chugging around at partial speed in shorts? Spiller suddenly has a chance. He has not run once yet at LAC like he ran in college, not one carry. He ran tentative, weak, no burst or acceleration, just bad running. Thats not how he ran in college so who knows. He’s not fast, he’s gotta make decisions in a blink and hit it like his kid is in that car that just went in the lake.

RB is traditionally the most NFL plug and play position on the entire field, certainly not with him yet. New day, go get it IS! never say never. Unless you’re Salyer and hoping to be starting RG, that is (too soon?)
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Spiller brings one thing that none of the other current backs do…he is pretty good in the passing game, at least he was in college. He has really had no opps as a pro. But he may end up being the third down back. Edward’s, Dobbins, Vidal, Dotson either not ever asked to do it or not ever shown can do it. Spiller has chops in that area. I hope he gets a chance. Too much talent to be so miserable as a pro.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

85 more days until we smash the fucking turds.

download (4).jpg
              Darius "4.36" Davis
              top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree....he has had Staley his whole career so i wipe his slate clean. We havent had a good running game with him.
                Chargers rushing offense under Staley: 2021 #21, 2022 #31, 2023 #25 in NFL. Ranging from well below average at best to next to worst in NFL. It was not just the RBs who sucked.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I think this graphic shows the future direction of the team. Herbie can throw the ball to anybody, anywhere, but he can’t make stops on D when the game is on the line.

And when choosing to keep the WRs or the EDs, who did Hortiz chose to keep.

Give us two years, we will be a top D in this league.

IMG_0186.jpg
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    I think this graphic shows the future direction of the team. Herbie can throw the ball to anybody, anywhere, but he can’t make stops on D when the game is on the line.

And when choosing to keep the WRs or the EDs, who did Hortiz chose to keep.

Give us two years, we will be a top D in this league.

IMG_0186.jpg
                    I expect a top 10 scoring D THIS year.

I know we're not used to seeing it but IMO Minter has the players, staff, and experience to get it done.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Spiller brings one thing that none of the other current backs do…he is pretty good in the passing game, at least he was in college. He has really had no opps as a pro. But he may end up being the third down back. Edward’s, Dobbins, Vidal, Dotson either not ever asked to do it or not ever shown can do it. Spiller has chops in that area. I hope he gets a chance. Too much talent to be so miserable as a pro.

TG
                      agree... and in his draft, most had him as a top 3 RB.... He is a great overall every down RB talent.... there were so many things wrong witht he coaching staff and their decisions, like playing MW in a meningless game and refusing to play spiller and others in that meaningless game even though they all couls hve benefited from playing time.....

i think we just had stupid coaches... but it could be that some players just could not handle the mental part of what they needed to do?..... maybe some coaches are bad teachers?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Not their address. Wow.

Takes less than a minute to say hey Alex, did you play ball. And ref says yes HS and College. Joey says.where at
                        Ref says Tennessee. Blah blah. Joey says is that where you grew up. Ref say yes I'm from Memphis and Joey as ask about food BBQ. He does NOT need to know where he actually lives. He isn't sending him any holiday gifts. That would be awkward.
                        Okay, I get it...be friendly...but STILL, hopefully Joey controls himself even when the calls don't go his way...

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

As of right now, Slater was the only investment he hit on.
                          His real problem was relying on projects like Pipkins and Tevi @OT.
                          We had years and years of ineptitude @ OT before Slater. That just won't work in the NFL.
                          I knew from his first pick (Fluker) that he didn't know what he was doing along the OL.
                          He had 2 good FA signings (Linsley and Aboushi)... the rest were crap and/or breaking down.
                          Go cheap @OL and your team will perpetually be bad and waste any talent you do have elsewhere.
                          I'm glad we have a GM that finally knows what he's doing.
                          It's one thing to say he didn't know what he was doing with the O line talent wise. It's a whole other argument when you say
                          he didn't invest in the O line. Fluker was a 1st rounder, that's an investment. Was he the right pick, no. TT did a lot of investment
                          in the O line, both through draft and in FA. It just never worked out the way it was supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                          X