• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stetson516 View Post
    Wish we would trade down. Maybe Atlanta or even Denver to come up. Possibly pick up another 3rd.

Drop/trade:

Bosa
    Murray
    Eckler
    Williams
    Everett

Round 1 trade to 8
    ​​​​8 Joe Alt RT
    37 Ennis Rakestraw CB
    69 Blake Corrum RB
    74 (ATL) Zach Frazier C
    105 Case Stover TE
    142 Darius Robinson EDGE
    183 Luke McCaffery WR
    226 Edefuan Ulofoshio LB

if trade any above listed may get a 3rd or 4th pick in return.
    have previously volunteered that we could trade Bosa and MW to NY.... to the Giants @39, and to the Jets @72

we can't trade Ekeler as he's a FA, and gonna take a look see @what Murray or Gerald might bring back in trade ??

Cleveland has two sixth rounders 205/208, and.... guessin' we might be able to pry one of those away for Murray ??

similarly KC has two fifth rounders 158/172, and wouldn't be surprised if they would like to rub our player evals in our nose again w/Everett....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

have previously volunteered that we could trade Bosa and MW to NY.... to the Giants @39, and to the Jets @72

we can't trade Ekeler as he's a FA, and gonna take a look see @what Murray or Gerald might bring back in trade ??

Cleveland has two sixth rounders 205/208, and.... guessin' we might be able to pry one of those away for Murray ??

similarly KC has two fifth rounders 158/172, and wouldn't be surprised if they would like to rub our player evals in our nose again w/Everett....
      Murray is a FA - so cannot be traded

Everett is a FA so he can be signed outright as well

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Murray is a FA - so cannot be traded

Everett is a FA so he can be signed outright as well
        I forgot that Everett was a FA.

The pick had to be Bowers then, right? There like no legit TE on the roster...
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Just my opinion but here is my 2 cents..im in no way saying i know anything, just my take on it.

We have a completely new regime. The only constants are Dean and John Spanos.

JoJo is gone as well. The guys he signed to the PS arent safe imo but they are there for now and id bet we see a big turnover.

Completely new front office from Hortiz on down to the coaches asside from Ficken.
          Present free agents will get their game film watched and determine whether they are worth to keep or not. Our new regime has no ties or sentimental reasons to resign them at all as they do not know the players personally and they arent a part of the team right now.

If Harbaugh, Hortiz, etc dont see any worth in Murray, Davis, Bassay, Gilman, Everett, etc...they wont be back. If they se something they can work with or think they can fix, they could be. Its that simple. They have no ties to these players.

As for past Chargers like Henry...again, no ties. Unless they have some fancy for him, id say they wont convey Henry unless Herbert says he would like him back and they will take a look.
          They only mean something to us as past players so i dont expect this regime to be interested in them unless like i said, Herbert puts in a word for someone. If we sign a TE, CB, ...whatever the possition is it will more likely be someone Hortiz or
          Harbaugh are familiar with, not us.

Or it could be a player they just like as they seen them play elsewhere. Not sure we will sign any or many Ravens that are FAs as Baltimore may want them back as well and we cant afford a guy like Madubuike. Not sure we would go after Clowney with what he will get. Queen probably is out of our price range as well.

Maybe Hortiz likes a few guys on the Ravens PS and when they get cut will grab a couple instead of the guys on ours.

Its going to be very different and i trust the process.Just need to get this ball rolling.

this is a good take and the reason why we absolutely needed a clean slate to work with this offseason.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

We simply cannot get rid of every so called JAG. That is not how a full roster is built.

There are Charger players most here deem as "not good enough" or "underwhelming".

Everett.
            K9.
            Kelley.
            etc.

These are "ballers" with pluses and minuses, but certainly players who compete in a Jim Harbaugh way.

For example look at Everett and his YAC...just kick him in the teeth and tell him he has to block sometimes. It is attitudinal. The same energy that goes into YAC can also go into blocking.

Ditto K9 and his physicality. Teach him to sprinkle in a little coverage now and then NaVorro.

This is the way.

This is the only way to reject the "rip the bandaid off" approach and win right away.

We need depth and competition for snaps.
            Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Just my opinion but here is my 2 cents..im in no way saying i know anything, just my take on it.

We have a completely new regime. The only constants are Dean and John Spanos.

JoJo is gone as well. The guys he signed to the PS arent safe imo but they are there for now and id bet we see a big turnover.

Completely new front office from Hortiz on down to the coaches asside from Ficken.
              Present free agents will get their game film watched and determine whether they are worth to keep or not. Our new regime has no ties or sentimental reasons to resign them at all as they do not know the players personally and they arent a part of the team right now.

If Harbaugh, Hortiz, etc dont see any worth in Murray, Davis, Bassay, Gilman, Everett, etc...they wont be back. If they se something they can work with or think they can fix, they could be. Its that simple. They have no ties to these players.

As for past Chargers like Henry...again, no ties. Unless they have some fancy for him, id say they wont convey Henry unless Herbert says he would like him back and they will take a look.
              They only mean something to us as past players so i dont expect this regime to be interested in them unless like i said, Herbert puts in a word for someone. If we sign a TE, CB, ...whatever the possition is it will more likely be someone Hortiz or
              Harbaugh are familiar with, not us.

Or it could be a player they just like as they seen them play elsewhere. Not sure we will sign any or many Ravens that are FAs as Baltimore may want them back as well and we cant afford a guy like Madubuike. Not sure we would go after Clowney with what he will get. Queen probably is out of our price range as well.

Maybe Hortiz likes a few guys on the Ravens PS and when they get cut will grab a couple instead of the guys on ours.

Its going to be very different and i trust the process.Just need to get this ball rolling.
              I agree with everything. Especially about trusting...trusting Harbaugh and the people he has hired. The Spanoses, they may the constants but they aren't going to be involved in making football decisions as much as they were in the past, Baby Spanos included. The trust and confidence I have - we all have - in this new administration is unprecedented. Never have we gone into an off-season with this much faith in who is running the Chargers.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Wish we would trade down. Maybe Atlanta or even Denver to come up. Possibly pick up another 3rd.

Drop/trade:

Bosa
                Murray
                Eckler
                Williams
                Everett

Round 1 trade to 8
                ​​​8 Joe Alt RT
                37 Ennis Rakestraw CB
                69 Blake Corrum RB
                74 (ATL) Zach Frazier C
                105 Cade Stover TE
                142 Darius Robinson EDGE
                183 Luke McCaffery WR
                226 Edefuan Ulofoshio LB

Jeez, nice draft. 👍

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  We simply cannot get rid of every so called JAG. That is not how a full roster is built.

There are Charger players most here deem as "not good enough" or "underwhelming".

Everett.
                  K9.
                  Kelley.
                  etc.

These are "ballers" with pluses and minuses, but certainly players who compete in a Jim Harbaugh way.

For example look at Everett and his YAC...just kick him in the teeth and tell him he has to block sometimes. It is attitudinal. The same energy that goes into YAC can also go into blocking.

Ditto K9 and his physicality. Teach him to sprinkle in a little coverage now and then NaVorro.

This is the way.

This is the only way to reject the "rip the bandaid off" approach and win right away.

Murray could stick,if they see something they like. Gilman could stay. Everett, maybe but think it's a long shot. I'm trying to be more open for Bowers not being here so if we sign a TE, I think for relatively the same money id sign Noah Fant for 3 years instead of one for Everett. Fant is more athletic, faster and a little better blocker.

I'm was just stating that the new coaches and front office aren't familiar with guys like i seen as Hunter Henry mentioned. They have no ties to him, only us fans do but ....I'm sure Harbaugh and Hortiz know who he is. I just think that would only happen if Herbert put a word in for him.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-17-2024, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Murray could stick,if they see something they like. Gilman could stay. Everett, maybe but think it's a long shot. I'm trying to be more open for Bowers not being here so if we sign a TE, I think for relatively the same money id sign Noah Fant for 3 years instead of one for Everett. Fant is more athletic, faster and a little better blocker.

I'm was just stating that the new coaches and front office aren't familiar with guy like i seen as Hunter Henry mentioned. They have no ties to him, only is fans do but ....I'm sure Harbaugh and Hortiz know who he is. I just think that would only happen if Herbert put a word in for him.
                    Hortiz could be up to just about anything as you point out.

I am only trying to prepare the rabid dogs of TPB for all contingencies.

Big problem.
                    PFF algorithm is calling it.
                    MHJ to Pats.
                    Bowers to AZ.
                    Cooper DeJean now @ #6 on their Big Board (no doubt anticipating an epic showing in Indy-rumored forty in the 4.3s/best tackling DB in the draft !!)
                    Is he a Corner ?
                    Is he a Safety ?
                    Is he a Charger ?
                    What is our retail price to trade up to @ #5 for QB du jour ?
                    Oh, the humanity...
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Drop/trade:

Bosa
                      Murray
                      Eckler
                      Williams
                      Everett

Round 1 trade to 8
                      ​​​8 Joe Alt RT
                      37 Ennis Rakestraw CB
                      69 Blake Corrum RB
                      74 (ATL) Zach Frazier C
                      105 Cade Stover TE
                      142 Darius Robinson EDGE
                      183 Luke McCaffery WR
                      226 Edefuan Ulofoshio LB

Welcome aboard.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Everett.
                        K9.
                        Kelley.
                        etc.

This is the way.

Hopefully, Harbo can coach up some of these Jags into Jag-PLUSSES!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Drop/trade:

Bosa
                          Murray
                          Eckler
                          Williams
                          Everett

Round 1 trade to 8
                          ​​​8 Joe Alt RT
                          37 Ennis Rakestraw CB
                          69 Blake Corrum RB
                          74 (ATL) Zach Frazier C
                          105 Cade Stover TE
                          142 Darius Robinson EDGE
                          183 Luke McCaffery WR
                          226 Edefuan Ulofoshio LB

I'm not so sure Alt lasts to #8...and if I trade down from #5 to #8, I want a 2nd AND a 3rd rounder...if they can't pony up the picks, adios amigo...

Comment

Working...
                          X