• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

40. Connor Williams, C, Dolphins (age: 26)

Williams has been a natural fit as an athletic run-blocking center right next to Robert Hunt, as the former Cowboys guard was another smart get for McDaniel. He's also a great line leader to help get the most out of any group.

50. Hunter Henry, TE, Patriots (age: 29)

Henry remains a well-rounded tight end with his stout blocking and key receiving when targeted through the red zone. The Patriots may bring him back as a complement to a hopefully improved WR corps.
    ​
    62. Dorance Armstrong, EDGE, Cowboys (age: 26)

Armstong has proven to be a very valuable pass-rusher who can get it done outside and inside. He showed it with 7.5 sacks in Dan Quinn's defense, although he isn't really a run-stopper.
    ​

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

reading over the other available FA centers (other than Connor Williams), and they are mostly pass blocking types.... think it wise to bring some experience in @the pivot, and as not sure Saquon provides value @RB, in fact don't think it a wise allocation of cap/FA dollars.

like a TE room w/Gerald, Hunter, Ben Sinnott & Vannett.... am ok w/keeping Parham instead/as well.

Dorance Armstrong would be a situational pass rusher, altho he might not fit in under budget for someone that doesn't seal the edge so well ??

would love a QB room w/Herbert, Gardner Minshew & Joe Milton.

Gus Edwards has also been mentioned w/Chargers as a potential FA destination, albeit and like a lot of late twenties RBs, comes w/injury concerns....

first call I'm making in FA is to Connor Wi!!iams.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Saquon to the Texans is the skinny of late....

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          Saquon to the Texans is the skinny of late....
          Well that sucks. Pairing him and Stroud is like pairing him with Justin. Texans offense will be lethal.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Well that sucks. Pairing him and Stroud is like pairing him with Justin. Texans offense will be lethal.
            It took a while but ex Wolverine WR Nico Collins is coming on.
            Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

reading over the other available FA centers (other than Connor Williams), and they are mostly pass blocking types.... think it wise to bring some experience in @the pivot, and as not sure Saquon provides value @RB, in fact don't think it a wise allocation of cap/FA dollars.

like a TE room w/Gerald, Hunter, Ben Sinnott & Vannett.... am ok w/keeping Parham instead/as well.

Dorance Armstrong would be a situational pass rusher, altho he might not fit in under budget for someone that doesn't seal the edge so well ??

Gus Edwards has also been mentioned w/Chargers as a potential FA destination, albeit and like a lot of late twenties RBs, comes w/injury concerns....

Conner Williams makes a ton of sense as I've mentioned him many times but an ACL injury from Dec isn't likely to be ready for TC. If his progress is ahead of schedule he would be worth it but we will need a backup plan til he is ready and a better plan than Jaimes. Maybe we can draft Barton or Beebe to play there til CW is ready and bump Barton or Beebe to RG. Or another OC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Conner Williams makes a ton of sense as I've mentioned him many times but an ACL injury from Dec isn't likely to be ready for TC. If his progress is ahead of schedule he would be worth it but we will need a backup plan til he is ready and a better plan than Jaimes. Maybe we can draft Barton or Beebe to play there til CW is ready and bump Barton or Beebe to RG. Or another OC.
                Figuring out OLine is the highest priority for Harbaugh, the coaches, Hortiz. I get the list is long but it starts there. I agree with you about Williams but the ACL, not being ready, can't have that. I think the Chargers need to get OC in the draft. Does that mean trading back for JPJ in Round 1.
                I am sure they will have a plan but Will Clapp is not the answer - I think we know that

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Figuring out OLine is the highest priority for Harbaugh, the coaches, Hortiz. I get the list is long but it starts there. I agree with you about Williams but the ACL, not being ready, can't have that. I think the Chargers need to get OC in the draft. Does that mean trading back for JPJ in Round 1.
                  I am sure they will have a plan but Will Clapp is not the answer - I think we know that
                  Agreed! This is why I think Bowers might be out and a trade back once maybe twice to the mid teens is possible. With JPJ a very likely possibility while accumulating a grip of picks.
                  Signing a few 1 year prove it contracts for them to try and get more comp picks next year as well.
                  Bowers is an awesome prospect. If they take him, then great. If they don’t and traded back for a grip of picks, I trust that as well. This team needs a to arrest and depth and it’s going to to 2 drafts and more than 7 picks in each draft to get there. All while being competitive.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Agreed! This is why I think Bowers might be out and a trade back once maybe twice to the mid teens is possible. With JPJ a very likely possibility while accumulating a grip of picks.
                    Signing a few 1 year prove it contracts for them to try and get more comp picks next year as well.
                    Bowers is an awesome prospect. If they take him, then great. If they don’t and traded back for a grip of picks, I trust that as well. This team needs a to arrest and depth and it’s going to to 2 drafts and more than 7 picks in each draft to get there. All while being competitive.
                    I like your idea of a bunch of prove it deals. It allows Harbaugh and Hortiz to figure out the current young players from Telesco/Staley, allows them to see how their draft picks do and next spring, can really be a player in free agency

As for trading back for JPJ -- to me that makes more sense for OC than draft OT and Alt. Unless they think Zion or McFadden can play Center

Lastly - agree that this is a two draft process and 10 picks per draft. As much as I like Bowers - and I do - the Chargers are not one player away. If they get him - I will be happy. But if they build a better roster, I will understand that totally

Come on Joe - start releasing some players - throw us a bone!

And seriously, if you are going to release Mike Williams - now is the time - let him have time to find a new team

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        This kind of is similar to what Money Smith and Hayre said on the podcast a couple, three weeks ago. Aside from the 4 players with the cap situations - its really
                        Herbert, Slater, Tuli, Dicker James
                        Palmer
                        Zont, Salyer, Salyer, Zion

who else - Hanley, the DBs like Taylor and Leonard; Otito, Matlock
                        Darius Davis of course...

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

No thanks on Gerald. Watching him show up for 4 plays every 3-4 games and not blocking I am fine letting him walk.

Comment

Working...
                          X