• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    RB- Jaylen Wright 5ft 11 in 210 lb 40 time 4.33...
    Reminds me of Ekeler, running style, except whereas Ek seems to come up a yard or two short of the first down marker, this guy gets past it, at least in these highlights.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree. The new coaching staff and front office have no attachments or loyalties to any player and will look at things with an untainted eye. It will be fascinating to see who they keep and who they cut. I expect some surprises both ways.
      I hope Jim will put a stop on giving under performing top picks more playing time. We want to see the overachiever play more.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Six years ago he was worth that to the Bears. But the Chargers are not in a position to be picky in terms of value. They have to make certain moves and teams know it.
        I would just as soon keep Mack.... so no onus/imperative to trade him.... 19 overall is my asking price.... take it or leave it,

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Reminds me of Ekeler, running style, except whereas Ek seems to come up a yard or two short of the first down marker, this guy gets past it, at least in these highlights.
          not as much wiggle/as slippery as Ekeler, but younger and prolly the best looking Ek replacement I've seen ??

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Wright is not just speed. His acceleration does remind me of Alvin Kamara (also a former Vol and about the same size). There is vision and pacing involved. An ability to get skinny through the hole.

I cannot wait to see Wright's Combine numbers. Kamara's ticket was a 1.54 10 yard split. Wright's long speed already gets him to the house.

I am guessing late round 2. Kamara was a steal at early round 3. All the buzz has us taking Blake Corum.
            Agree, id be thrilled if we drafted him. If we draft 2 RBs, Wright and Benson or Estime, Davis or Allen would be a good combo. Allen im curious of his numbers as well. See him with a 40 time that im not expecting him to run.
            Corum could be a steady player and paired with Wright would be ok, but id rather have Wright over Corum.

You could be right as well. I see Wright in places , round 4 but id sure draft him before that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Wright is not just speed. His acceleration does remind me of Alvin Kamara (also a former Vol and about the same size). There is vision and pacing involved. An ability to get skinny through the hole.

I cannot wait to see Wright's Combine numbers. Kamara's ticket was a 1.54 10 yard split. Wright's long speed already gets him to the house.

I am guessing late round 2. Kamara was a steal at early round 3. All the buzz has us taking Blake Corum.
              did you really see 4.30 on his tape? I don't. I see a RB setting up blocks well, good patience to let the hole develop, good change of direction for a bigger RB, no doubt he is a good RB that would upgrade our RB room. But I do not see an extraordinary acceleration burst thru the hole on any plays (e.g. 1.54 10-yd split burst) and imo that is more valuable at NFL level then back-end "long speed".

and I didn't see 4.30 football speed on a single play on that tape - I confess I stopped watching about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way, maybe they saved his blazing speed plays for the end? I saw him caught from behind by college defenders several times where a defender might have a chance to get him or he had a chance to turn on a 4.30 burst and separate for good. Are those defenders running sub-4.30? yeah, no.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                personally think Mack is now worth more than the second we gave up for him.... he has a solid last two years under his belt.... up to the Rams, but he could well be worth 19 on his own ??
                If they are looking at a QB then id guess not. They do not have a replacement for Stafford. Just depends on how they see that situtaion. If not then you may be right but id be stunned and estatic to get a first for him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, id be thrilled if we drafted him. If we draft 2 RBs, Wright and Benson or Estime, Davis or Allen would be a good combo. Allen im curious of his numbers as well. See him with a 40 time that im not expecting him to run.
                  Corum could be a steady player and paired with Wright would be ok, but id rather have Wright over Corum.

You could be right as well. I see Wright in places , round 4 but id sure draft him before that.
                  We'll all change our tune after the Combine.
                  Who knows ?
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

I think I am on the Braelon Allen bandwagon. He seems like the bruising back that Harbaugh likes. I also like he was in a run orientated offense and produced. I'm kinda curious of what his 40 time will be at the combine.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

did you really see 4.30 on his tape? I don't. I see a RB setting up blocks well, good patience to let the hole develop, good change of direction for a bigger RB, no doubt he is a good RB that would upgrade our RB room. But I do not see an extraordinary acceleration burst thru the hole on any plays (e.g. 1.54 10-yd split burst) and imo that is more valuable at NFL level then back-end "long speed".

and I didn't see 4.30 football speed on a single play on that tape - I confess I stopped watching about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way, maybe they saved his blazing speed plays for the end? I saw him caught from behind by college defenders several times where a defender might have a chance to get him or he had a chance to turn on a 4.30 burst and separate for good. Are those defenders running sub-4.30? yeah, no.
                      I see football speed.
                      Decisive.
                      Bucky the Duck hops too.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

If they are looking at a QB then id guess not. They do not have a replacement for Stafford. Just depends on how they see that situtaion. If not then you may be right but id be stunned and estatic to get a first for him.
                        I'd be stunned and ecstatic either way. Mack gets cap friendly and stays, or we get a 1st.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Everyone is trying to equate great TE's to championships. Yet, I don't think we ever won a championship with Gates or Winslow. While everyone will point to Kelce as their proof this year... it is notable that Kittle had 2 catches for 4 yards.

At the end of regualtion, each team only had 19 points... and 7 of those points were gifted to KC via a muffed punt. Defense matters. Harbaugh understands this... Hortiz understands, too. A trade back would be ideal. But if that doesn't happen, don't be too disappointed if an OT is selected @#5... or even a defensive player [gasp!]
                          Ill take Reid over Shananaw any day and Reid outcoached him. Mahomes is also just better than Purdy and has a lot more playoff experience. We can point to any possition here. McDuffie and Snead the 6th rounder are very good CBs and did a good job covering the Niners recievers. I dont the Niners tried to go Kittles way often enough. He only had 3 targets.

Comment

Working...
                          X