Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Round 1.
    Certified people mover.
    Pip, the Iupati spot is the key to our success.
    No more posing.
    Pressure's on.
    They talked about Pipkins work in the weight room. Apparently he's adding strength in preparation for going medieval.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
      So who, or what, were the top 3 surprises or noticeable items from the mini camp?
      Pipkins, Still and McConkey all getting positive press.

And Harbaugh is better than advertised.

And I love all the press conferences and communication with the fans.

This team has been reimagined.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
        So who, or what, were the top 3 surprises or noticeable items from the mini camp?
        We signed Tony Jefferson.

Mack opened up in an interview. "I want to win a SB". Now.

D dominated day 1. Herbert threw 5 TDs day 2.

Comment

• LarryAW
          Chargers fan since 1970
          • Sep 2018
          • Chula Vista, CA
          • retired paralegal/court reporter
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The ring on the right looks like a bedazzled diaper
          I may be nearly 73, but looks like a jockstrap to me.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

As well as Jefferson, Chargers signed the other tryout at mini camp. This regime is into speed

The Los Angeles Chargers today signed wide receiver Praise Olatoke.

Olatoke was a sprinter at Ohio State University, earning first-team All-Big Ten during the 2022 outdoor track and field season. The 6-2, 205-pound receiver possesses elite speed, running the 100-meter dash at Ohio State in the Big Ten Outdoor Championships in just 10.27 seconds in 2022. Olatoke then had his first experience playing football, doing so for the Ohio State club football team. Born in Nigeria and raised in Scotland, Olatoke is part of the NFL's International Pathway Program, which provides elite international athletes the opportunity to compete at the NFL level and improve their skills to work toward earning a spot on an NFL roster.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
              As well as Jefferson, Chargers signed the other tryout at mini camp. This regime is into speed

The Los Angeles Chargers today signed wide receiver Praise Olatoke.

Olatoke was a sprinter at Ohio State University, earning first-team All-Big Ten during the 2022 outdoor track and field season. The 6-2, 205-pound receiver possesses elite speed, running the 100-meter dash at Ohio State in the Big Ten Outdoor Championships in just 10.27 seconds in 2022. Olatoke then had his first experience playing football, doing so for the Ohio State club football team. Born in Nigeria and raised in Scotland, Olatoke is part of the NFL's International Pathway Program, which provides elite international athletes the opportunity to compete at the NFL level and improve their skills to work toward earning a spot on an NFL roster.
              I like the Praise signing. If nothing else, he gives them a true speed receiver to practice against. I don’t ever expect him to be on the 53 though. He started too late in football.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Like the constant signings. H&H don’t sit on their hands like Telesco and his string of coaching losers.

I loved the Harbaugh signing but thought he would need a minimum of two years to rebuild a contender.

Now, I’m not so sure. It’s startling how much the culture has changed and all the talent they’ve brought in to build depth.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                  Like the constant signings. H&H don’t sit on their hands like Telesco and his string of coaching losers.

I loved the Harbaugh signing but thought he would need a minimum of two years to rebuild a contender.

Now, I’m not so sure. It’s startling how much the culture has changed and all the talent they’ve brought in to build depth.
                  agree!..... sometimes when you have coaches or teachers or leaders so bad that you never come close to realizing potential and never really know what you can achieve...... I think all of us have done much much better when we had better teachers, better bosses, coaches, etc.....

and Attitude is a huge difference maker....... this is why Ravens and Steelers win every freaking year, even when thjey have had injuries or have less talent than normal..... and why teams like NE could still beat chargers even without Brady.....

Comment

• Javia
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I like the Praise signing. If nothing else, he gives them a true speed receiver to practice against. I don’t ever expect him to be on the 53 though. He started too late in football.
                    Apparently each team gets an extra practice squad roster spot specifically for International Pathway players like Praise. What I don't know is if each team only gets one of those extra spots, which would mean the Chargers would have to choose between Praise Olatoke and CJ Okoye. Does anyone know if we only get 1?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, here u go...I would be somewhat concerned if the Bolts tried to hide Brenden on the practice squad...or we could end up with poached Rice...
                      I hope Rice makes the team but you have to remember that he went in the 7th round. 31 other teams let him get there for whatever reason.

And of course the biggest reason for not worrying too much about getting poached as I've mentioned several times before,....the team that poaches a player has to sign them to their 53 man active roster.

Not sure for how long it if it's the season or a month or two, etc but they can't just poach a player and add them to their PS.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I hope Rice makes the team but you have to remember that he went in the 7th round. 31 other teams let him get there for whatever reason.

And of course the biggest reason for not worrying too much about getting poached as I've mentioned several times before,....the team that poaches a player has to sign them to their 53 man active roster.

Not sure for how long it if it's the season or a month or two, etc. You can't just poach a player and add them to their PS.
                        There are different thoughts on this. I'm worried that we don't have enough talent at WR, others are worried that we have so much talent at WR that our players will get poached.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Balcony
                          • Senile Agitator
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Or maybe he'll replace QJ.

Comment

Working...
                          X