• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Blah blah Pipkins. Currently Colson LB is running 3rd team.
    I guess he has no shot at earning the starting spot...since you know....things have basically been decided. By who running with 1st team. And I suppose that means Leatherwood is back up RT and Sarrell back up LT. These are for certain because you know it's pencil in like that. And if you ask Harbaugh he will say. They are running with second unit and competition is good. Pads are going sort things out. Potentially even have some move up while others move down.

And what about when Harbaugh said Awesome Keenan Allen we have guys. And we don't have Allen anymore. Guess his word only last until something changes for any reason.

Congratulations if you already count your chicken and have the I'm smart look I called Pipkins at RG. Outstanding.

I have called Joe Alt at #5. Don't feel anything special other than relief they are going have a better OL for Herbert and the run game. And I have the really crazy called Hortiz as Telesco replacement 4 years ago in wishlist thread.
    I got no prize for it. I won nothing here other than silly...hey check out my post that lucky age well. I must be a fkn yeeenyees.

I'm still taking the field over Pipkins at RG. And I'm fine being incorrect with that prediction.

​​​​
    We get it. We get you. We know your record of late … the good and bad and the change. Hope you have a good day.

I was just joking around about my back slapping, it was just in fun. Have some pride, try and hide the bitter a lil at least.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Dang. Some serious denial going on in these parts. No need to single out, there’s more than one, or two. Step 1 is denial but there’s 11 more steps, do not fear. As you process the start of your revelation and recovery, go ahead and get your diary, er I mean your journal out, and note the date 6/11/24 - the day the greatest Coach Harbaugh confirmed that Dmac is right.

Pipkins is the starting RG, guys. You don’t need to fight it, just breathe and trust in JH2 like you have said you would do since January. He knows what he’s doing. Stop with the silly “Greg wants Salyer” stuff - Jim didn’t make this decision and then announcement without complete discussion and debate by key staff.

Just … breathe.
      The 5 Stages of Pip at RG Grief:

1. DENIAL: No!!! There's NO WAY Pip can succeed at guard! Just trade him already!
      2. ANGER: I can't believe some of these people on this forum are defending this slug! Now I'm getting really mad!!!
      3. BARGAINING: Okay, maybe Pip has some value, but NOT on this team! Can we just trade him for a conditional 7th rounder? If not, can't we just cut him?
      4. DEPRESSED: I'm just numb that ahem SOME people on this forum are still supporting him! Where are all my supporters? Could I be wrong about Pip?
      5. ACCEPTANCE: Okay, okay, I give up. Maybe Pip might stick at RG. Wow, I guess if Harbo keeps saying he's one of the top five, he must be right. And Harbo went to a SB with the Niners, and just won the Natty championship, so I guess he's kind of credible...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

LOL. Did you see Pipkins charging through the gate at Camp Pendleton ? He was almost the first one in, with a full head of steam.

You think he doesn't read TPB ?

Harbs is motivating Trey masterfully. Feathers were ruffled when Alt was drafted. Confidence and motivation have been reactivated.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

If Salyer has a strength edge it might not be as significant as it might've been at one point in time, Trey has finally filled out, did you see the images of these OTA's with his sleeves up all the way over his shoulders? the guy is cut up and massive now, but one thing is for sure, Trey is more athletic and lighter on his feet, Salyer might have a slightly better anchor but if he's getting to spots late it doesn't mean much, I'm rooting for all the guys to be better than they have been and I'm hopeful that Salyer is in the long term plans, he just needs to improve his training, conditioning, and sculpt himself into a professional lineman, the guy has tons of upside, hopefully these coaches will unlock it...
          I honestly don't know if Salyer his stronger than Pip which is why I said maybe. Regardless, Pips has better feet and is more athletic than Salyer which is why he was a tackle. There is a reason Harbaugh said he would 5 OTs on the line if he could. They are almost always bigger and more athletic than guards.

Whether Pip ends up being the starter or back-up I don't really care. I just want the best 5 out there with solid back-ups because we know someone on the line will get hurt and miss a few games throughout the course of the season.
          Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
          REC: 10
          YARDS: 133
          TDS: 3

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

We get it. We get you. We know your record of late … the good and bad and the change. Hope you have a good day.

I was just joking around about my back slapping, it was just in fun. Have some pride, try and hide the bitter a lil at least.
            LOL. Wow. Your so full of yourself you think you can read into my intentions. Hide the bitter. This is quite amusing and has nothing to do with football at this point. Fun, football, fanatics. I like the different takes and the spicy personality. The TPB would be boring if everyone agreed Joe Alt was the pick. Yes I was the last one holding the rope of previous HC until that Raider game where the team appear to quit on him. And then I finally let go of the rope and posted I'm out. And changed course to Jim has to be the hire and they need to stick with a system. Stop changing HC and OC and everything with Herbert. Give him a chance to get cozy in a system. Hortiz as the GM hire was my first choice as well. And Alt as the pick. So since they clean house. I've got my #1 HC, GM and Draft Pick.
            I'm as optimistic as ever.

We just disagree about Pipkins. You do NOT want me to side with you anyway. It would be dishonest opinion to join your take. I'd prefer to organically see that Pipkins was all you expected him to be as a top 5 OL and the starting RG. I just have zero expectations of him and think the field will take his job during pads and pre season. I could care less about being wrong or right. Or I would not go out on limbs with strong takes. I want them to win. I wanted Telecant fired for poor roster for years while so many said he was a good GM and it was coaching. And I said well who hired these coaches. And I got excuses from many Bolt fans. Yet that doesn't prove I was right. This isn't math. This is subjective stuff.

No more excuses. Everything is aligned now. Bolts are Charging ahead toward Multiple Championships. If I am putting stock into anything Jim said ......it is that phrase.
            Multiple Superbowls. Who has it better than us?!?!?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Jim announced his starting 5. You guys can thrash and wail for as long as you need to but there is no Lou Gehrig sitting behind this Pip. I’m here to help if there’s anything I can do for ya.
              And it may end up that way but it will mean more when that announcement is in late August,.... early Sept than it does now.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The 5 Stages of Pip at RG Grief:

1. DENIAL: No!!! There's NO WAY Pip can succeed at guard! Just trade him already!
                2. ANGER: I can't believe some of these people on this forum are defending this slug! Now I'm getting really mad!!!
                3. BARGAINING: Okay, maybe Pip has some value, but NOT on this team! Can we just trade him for a conditional 7th rounder? If not, can't we just cut him?
                4. DEPRESSED: I'm just numb that ahem SOME people on this forum are still supporting him! Where are all my supporters? Could I be wrong about Pip?
                5. ACCEPTANCE: Okay, okay, I give up. Maybe Pip might stick at RG. Wow, I guess if Harbo keeps saying he's one of the top five, he must be right. And Harbo went to a SB with the Niners, and just won the Natty championship, so I guess he's kind of credible...
                LOL. OMG. In what world does this even happen. Fantasy Island. It's one Roster spot.

I suppose all those got to draft WR, Pipkins is the RT must have went through all these stages and now have landed on yes Pipkins is still a starter but at RG. See told you Pipkins was so bad. And now for my smack talk to puff up my ego. The best way is to attempt to tear down others while glorifying myself. And if taking the rhetoric to whatever degree makes me feel smart or clever or simply bored and need to up the smack talk.....we'll have at it.

Is this about the time for one of your super corny jokes or Titanic references......

I'll pause here. awaiting that TopCat post. Please add a pick of me as Jack falling into the icy ocean as my opinion fails and falls into the abyss.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I honestly don't know if Salyer his stronger than Pip which is why I said maybe. Regardless, Pips has better feet and is more athletic than Salyer which is why he was a tackle. There is a reason Harbaugh said he would 5 OTs on the line if he could. They are almost always bigger and more athletic than guards.

Whether Pip ends up being the starter or back-up I don't really care. I just want the best 5 out there with solid back-ups because we know someone on the line will get hurt and miss a few games throughout the course of the season.
                  ^ This...FINALLY, we're going into this season with decent O-line depth...why would anyone want to mess THAT up?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

When we put the pads on...

When will Pips pad level be too high ?
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

LOL. OMG. In what world does this even happen. Fantasy Island. It's one Roster spot.

I suppose all those got to draft WR, Pipkins is the RT must have went through all these stages and now have landed on yes Pipkins is still a starter but at RG. See told you Pipkins was so bad. And now for my smack talk to puff up my ego. The best way is to attempt to tear down others while glorifying myself. And if taking the rhetoric to whatever degree makes me feel smart or clever or simply bored and need to up the smack talk.....we'll have at it.

Is this about the time for one of your super corny jokes or Titanic references......

I'll pause here. awaiting that TopCat post.
                      Please add a pick of me as Jack falling into the icy ocean as my opinion fails and falls into the abyss.
                      Okay, here u go:

If we were to trade Pip as some people propose, it might be like, ahem, purposely ramming the iceberg into the Boltanic...remember, we're only about 1-2 injuries away from OT depth issues...if either Slater or Alt gets injured, could Salyer fill in? Yes. If BOTH get injured and Pip is gone, who's gonna step up? Clock is ticking...

image.png
                      Last edited by Topcat; 06-12-2024, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, here u go:

If we were to trade Pip as some people propose, it might be like, ahem, purposely ramming the iceberg into the Boltanic...remember, we're only about 1-2 injuries away from OT depth issues...if either Slater or Alt gets injured, could Salyer fill in? Yes. If BOTH get injured and Pip is gone, who's gonna step up? Clock is ticking...
                        The whole steps of and when that happens will reveal itself.

McFadden, Barnhart, Leatherwood, etc. Or maybe an OL from another roster than Hortiz adds as he settles into his final 53 plus practice squad. Why is clock ticking. For all we know Maybe Steelers cut Dan Moore Jr. Since they draft an OT in Rd And now you added a player with 49 starts at OT and is only just 25 years old. Hortiz should always be looking to improve roster. I'm sure Joe will do whatever he thinks will make the team better.

Multiple Superbowls. Harbaugh said it, this it is True. Almost as if it was a fact that cannot be changed. You know like Pipkins as top 5 OL. Set in stone the great JH has spoken. LOL.

BTFU

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

One thing's for certain, Harbaugh feels that this O-line is going to be one of the strengths on his team, I've been saying that this line has that nice blend of experience/youth and probably needed better coaching, the talent is there...here's a look at the starters...

Slater going into year 4 and just turned 25 in March with 2 plus seasons of starts under his belt...2021 1st rounder 13th overall pick...

Johnson is going into year 3 and he's 24 and turns 25 in November with 2 seasons worth of starts under his belt...2022 1st rounder 17th overall pick...

Bozeman is going into year 7 and is the elder guy at 29 years of age but will turn 30 in the Fall, he has about 5 seasons of starting experience over his career...2018 6th rounder Ravens, 215th overall...he's about the same age Linsley was when we picked him up...also like Linsley, Bozeman was a day 3 pick...

Pipkins is going into year 6, he's 27 and turning 28 in the Fall, he has almost 3 seasons of starting experience combined over his career...2019 3rd round pick, 91st overall..

Joe Alt has no NFL experience but is the son of an NFL OT, he just turned 21 in February, I believe he's the highest drafted offensive lineman in Charger history (please feel free to fact check that) 2024 5th overall pick...

So this line features 3 first rounders, everyone has 2 or more years of starting experience except for Alt but Joe is a legacy...so IMO this line has a very nice blend of youth and experience, Alt being the youngest and most inexperienced but with a dad that undoubtedly has and will continue to pass on knowledge to his son that will help him along in his career...it bears mentioning that not only will Alt play alongside a guy that understands what is needed to support the RT position but also to Alt's right he will have one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL the importance of which cannot be overstated...

I don't remember a time when a Charger O-line featured 3 first rounders drafted by the Chargers, maybe in the old AFL days? IDK
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X