• Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This is what I am hearing.

"Trey's a good Guard--he really, really is--swear to God."

What you are reading into it.

Jim said it. That's it. End of story. Scientific consensus.

Jim knows he needs a Right Guard. If he can bullshit Sioux Falls into playing good enough, that'll do, pig.

We must settle this by late July and no sooner.
    maybe you're right, maybe coach is just doing all of this to motivate Salyer to get his fat ass in shape...OR, perhaps he genuinely likes trey and sees in him what many here don't, time will tell...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Far from over...
      Salyer is my horse in this race.
      intangibles/tangibles.
      championship pedigree.
      not much of horse, he'd be that bloated ass pony giving kids $1 rides at the petting zoo and breathing hard in the process...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm on track for things to........ Never count chickens until they hatch. But I'm rooting for best 5. From the moment it was pick #5 Alt. Pipkins was put in situation that either he rises up to or someone else says no you do not get to be RG. Good problem to have. Keep investing in OL and DL. You can't keep them all per free agency and stockpile the trenches is the way to go for a Harbaugh coached team. Who has it better than us?
        That's true. We will see, either he plays well enough in TC and preseason or they will bring in another OL at some point before the season. It's up to Pip
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-11-2024, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Great for Pipkins. He only has to block well in actual football practices now.
          Like I said, don't care who wins and don't care what he did in OTAs. TC and preseason will be the clear indicator. His competition isn't tough so he should win.
          This just means that Harbaugh trusts Trey more, he's probably picked up the offensive concepts faster, and coach is rewarding him for that and for being more professional than the other guys, coming in to work in top physical condition etc...that doesn't mean that Salyer can't learn from this and show everyone that he's the superior talent down the road, after he commits more fully to his profession...I still think Salyer is the better "natural talent" I'd just like to see him put in the work these other guys have in the offseason, look at the photos of Slater, Alt, Pipkins, Johnson, Bozeman, and even Sarrell they all came in in fantastic shape and they look really fit for O-linemen, I think that's the type of O-linemen that coach wants...

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

not much of horse, he'd be that bloated ass pony giving kids $1 rides at the petting zoo and breathing hard in the process...
            Salyer will get a fair shot to prove himself at RG during actual training camp.
            I suspect they really want Pip's athleticism at RG but Roman will see a much more powerful RG in Salyer who is a better match-up against bigger DL.
            Roman gets his guy to start by week 1.

Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

maybe you're right, maybe coach is just doing all of this to motivate Salyer to get his fat ass in shape...OR, perhaps he genuinely likes trey and sees in him what many here don't, time will tell...
              I never said Pip sucked. Salyer was awful last season and Pip was our 2nd best OL last season though he didn't stand out at all.....except when Crosby was abusing him.

I hope he makes the successful move to RG. Salyer I hope is better. Will either one be good enough for JH and GR standards? We will find out in August.
              If they bring in another OG in August and after cuts,.....not a good sign.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-11-2024, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

here's and interesting fact, Salyer has almost doubled his salary over his first two seasons thru the NFL's PBP program...unfortunately injuries happen and I think he will still be one of the first guys off the bench if and when that happens, but as of right now, he stands to lose a lot of money (~800-900K) if he doesn't regain his starting RG spot...hopefully this will motivate him to get back in the gym and put in some work, otherwise this could also mean that he's on the outside looking in, just speculating here, but I'm hopeful he gets his shit together too much talent there to let it go to waste, I hope to see him take a step forward this year and hope he would be in the long term plans going forward...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I never said Pip sucked. Salyer was awful last season and Pip was our 2nd best OL last season though he didn't stand out at all.....except when Crosby was abusing him.

I hope he makes the successful move to RG. Salyer I hope is better. Will either one be good enough for JH and GR standards? We will find out in August.
                  I'd they bring in another OG in August and after cuts,.....not a good sign.
                  Crosby is one of the top 4-5 guys in the NFL, and he might be #1 in second effort stuff, he never stops working even when he get's beat initially, the guy is fucking relentless, I think it's silly to single out Trey about those match-ups, Crosby makes most guys he plays against look like shit...

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

IMG_0184.jpg
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

So we are essentially saying the same thing. I'm betting field here and welcome Pipkins fending them off. You may like Pipkins better than the field.

​They have not even played a pre season game yet and Bolt fans are hyped about RG spot.
                      ​​​​​​Noice!!!
                      I'm higher on Pip then most. Most are making their judgement on Pip from last year which really isn't fair to him or the rest of the oline because the coaching staff was a complete shit show not to mention they lost their top center. They were not able to recover when Linsley went down.

Pip has quick feet he just isn't quick enough for the better pass rushers in the league, but you put him at guard and start pulling him how boy watch out. That guy will be getting down the line fast. Salyer maybe stronger than Pip but he doesn't move as well. Anyway, I just want to see the best 5 out there I just happen to think Pip is 1 of them.
                      Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                      REC: 8
                      YARDS: 89
                      TDS: 2

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Blasphemy! don't you know that OTAs don't mean shit?! The thing about these statements is that Jim kinda says what he means, him and Joe both seem to operate that way and they have up until now...
                        I mean Pip could still lose the starting job but I'm guessing Harbaugh thinks that it's probably a slim chance of that happening barring an injury. One thing I like about Harbaugh/Hortiz there is not a lot of smoke and mirrors. They mean and do what they say.
                        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                        REC: 8
                        YARDS: 89
                        TDS: 2

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Those are Jim's words, others have corroborated it as well, has nothing to do with Popper...so far this coach has been up front about everything...folks that don't like Trey Pipkins need to accept that coach sees Trey as an important part of the O-line, so no more whipping boy scapegoat for all thats wrong with the O-line, sorry guys...
                          Yep...no more ahem, Poor Plodding Pip Pillaging, Please...

Comment

Working...
                          X