• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Harbaugh also said that the pads on will help determine who the 6-9 linemen will be. He also mentioned the same when talking about the defense. Speaking of D I really like liked what he said specifically about the D-line.

I’m 99.9% sure the starting 5 is set barring an injury.
    Blasphemy! don't you know that OTAs don't mean shit?! The thing about these statements is that Jim kinda says what he means, him and Joe both seem to operate that way and they have up until now...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

There is absolutely no reason why both dreams can not be fulfilled... preferably in two separate cars.

In all seriousness, congrats on the school search. Very exciting! I went down that road 6 years ago... and the she ended up at UCSC. All of those outings to the beach and camping trips to the forest must have had an impact. Go Banana Slugs!
      UCSC was on my son's list, its lovely up there. he was accepted but decided to go to DePaul in Lincoln Park (Chicago). Go slugs and blue demons!

depaul blue demons dibs GIF by DePaul Athletics
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Wait...now Popper quotes it.

Crap...it must be true.
        Those are Jim's words, others have corroborated it as well, has nothing to do with Popper...so far this coach has been up front about everything...folks that don't like Trey Pipkins need to accept that coach sees Trey as an important part of the O-line, so no more whipping boy scapegoat for all thats wrong with the O-line, sorry guys...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

I wonder why coach is so early to declare a starting 5 on O-line, he clearly thinks Trey is better than Salyer but there must be another reason, much like how some coaches pick their starting QBs early to create stability and eliminate uncertainty on the team...Coach has not wasted any time putting his stamp on this team, he's going to roll with guys that he trusts, his guys, and everyone else better get a fucking clue or they'll be working elsewhere like other recent Chargers...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has to show it in TC and preseason. I dont think anyone said he sucks and should be traded, but rather IF he sucks he COULD be traded. Wont know either til he shows what he is as a RG.

I also saw and heard JH say the best 5 will play. Unless i missed it, i didnt see him say Pip was one of the top 5. Regardless, RG is an open competition and may the best man win.

Just hope isnt weak enough that we need to bring in someone else.
            oh come on, BJ, "Pip sucks" has been a dominant chant around these parts, one of the most frequent laments this entire off season. I'm not gonna go pull quotes, there are hundreds we all have read. scroll back 10 pages and you'll trip over a dozen or more. The ONLY question going into draft was should LAC "over-pay" for RT by drafting at 5, or trade down and wait for RT later in R1.

you didn't answer his question though, you just repeated what you said before - If he sucks, how is he tradeable? the two ideas don't seem compatible to me, and I bet they want depth and Pip is good depth so it doesn't matter whether he starts or not. He will be a Charger imo.

Yes, Jim did say Pip was one of the top 5 on the team, but (a was deleted, thanks Xenos!) and (b) TC and PS could change their rankings. nobody knows the future - so we can all just agree that:

1. it APPEARED he may have the inside edge at RG1 as he was selected to play the role of RG1 to end OTAs with the rest of OL1
            2. We don't know this APPEARANCE is truly the coaches' current OL1 view, they didn't say it was and other theories are possible
            3. There's a long way to go and a lot for every OL player to show, even if he is RG1 today, he may not be on opening day.

Compete!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

JH said Pipkin was one of the top 5 after Alt was drafted and that he wanted him on the field. Some people thought that was just coach speak but he said it again today.

well, fuck me. 1/3 of my preseason predictions already called by Coach Jim to be on track!

I am accepting regrets and retractions from ... you know who you are . no hard feelings.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

By the way, Mac, in your school search, take into consideration not only the "vibe" you feel on the campus, but also try to find out from graduates, especially those grads from your daughter's major field, how well they rate the program. There is also a very helpful website called "Rate My Professors." https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ You can find out the overall school rating in several different categories, but also you can check the rating of different teachers. Ratings are done by students who have taken that teacher's class. They even frequently enter comments like "this teacher doesn't even care--offers very little support," or "excellent teacher--very helpful and explains things well." A lot of students even create a "nice list" and "naughty list" of teachers to look for or avoid, even before registering for classes. My youngest son graduated from college a year ago, and gave me the inside scoop on all of this stuff. Good luck!
                Thx TC - good thoughts.

My daughter is an incredible dancer so she is in the scenario of 1000 dancers vying for every 50 or so premier college dance team spots, (expand numbers to fill the national map - suffice its ridiculously competitive). Her road trips are going to combines where many schools send their coaches to scout. The Nashville trip had about 10 colleges there. Kind like scouts at a baseball all-star tourney or something if you will. These trips are to get her known to more college programs and coaches early so she will get more options later.

There are some better / elite programs she's trying to get known at. UT is one of the really good ones, they were there. that would be cool if she went to Knoxville, me and wifey could even up and move to Nashville and be 3 hrs away. I'll learn country-rock, grow a longer beard and see some of y'all at the Titans game.

She already knows the SDSU (Aztec) coaches and they love her - they have a very good program. Plus her awesome boyfriend already has a letter of intent from them for their baseball team but who knows if puppy love will last that long lol.

It would also be very cool if she went to SDSU because that school is $8k a year before room/board for CA residents. ahem cough.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha okay I admit, I can be lumped into this group
                  but I admit this is the first thing I read that means anything to me that suggests Pip will start at RG.

Let the best guard win.
                  Bro, I wrote it for you almost a week ago. just read what I post, and you'll be ahead of the pack

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I feel like a few of us should be awarded an ice cream or something. maybe a Trey bobblehead. idunno ... seems like there should be something

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Far from over...
                      Salyer is my horse in this race.
                      intangibles/tangibles.
                      championship pedigree.
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Those are Jim's words, others have corroborated it as well, has nothing to do with Popper...so far this coach has been up front about everything...folks that don't like Trey Pipkins need to accept that coach sees Trey as an important part of the O-line, so no more whipping boy scapegoat for all thats wrong with the O-line, sorry guys...
                        This is what I am hearing.

"Trey's a good Guard--he really, really is--swear to God."

What you are reading into it.

Jim said it. That's it. End of story. Scientific consensus.

Jim knows he needs a Right Guard. If he can bullshit Sioux Falls into playing good enough, that'll do, pig.

We must settle this by late July and no sooner.
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Great for Pipkins. He only has to block well in actual football practices now.
                          Like I said, don't care who wins and don't care what he did in OTAs. TC and preseason will be the clear indicator. His competition isn't tough so he should win.

Comment

Working...
                          X