• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Oh boy, the Pipkins haters will not approve of this, LOL...
    some guys are not great OT's....but can be great OG's

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Oh boy, the Pipkins haters will not approve of this, LOL...
      Haha okay I admit, I can be lumped into this group
      but I admit this is the first thing I read that means anything to me that suggests Pip will start at RG.

Let the best guard win.
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Harbaugh also said that the pads on will help determine who the 6-9 linemen will be. He also mentioned the same when talking about the defense. Speaking of D I really like liked what he said specifically about the D-line.

I’m 99.9% sure the starting 5 is set barring an injury.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

I guess Poppers post of Harbaugh's comments should settle the pages and pages of Pipkins debate so we can move onto some new and fresh topics lol

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I assume thats a collective “I’m” and not actually you. Another bold non-bet duly recorded in the ledger.

you are right on the Pipkins lost his RT job part. We’ll file that separately under duh.
            I'm and any bolt fan that is on the best 5 OL bandwagon like yourself .... If it was such a separate duh ....... There would have been more TPB members with a Joe Alt is #5 no brainer pick like myself..... ....and yet Joe Alt could not live up.......but I highly suspect he becomes a pro bowl caliber OL for his career.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

See...see !!!!
              Pipkins probably.
              I'm on track for things to........ Never count chickens until they hatch. But I'm rooting for best 5. From the moment it was pick #5 Alt. Pipkins was put in situation that either he rises up to or someone else says no you do not get to be RG. Good problem to have. Keep investing in OL and DL. You can't keep them all per free agency and stockpile the trenches is the way to go for a Harbaugh coached team. Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

The impression I got is once they looked at film of the oline they think Pip will be a better guard than tackle and if they could draft a better tackle they would, but they would give Pip every opportunity to be a starting guard. I have no doubt they see Pip as the #1 starting RG but he still has to win the job.
                So we are essentially saying the same thing. I'm betting field here and welcome Pipkins fending them off. You may like Pipkins better than the field.

​​They have not even played a pre season game yet and Bolt fans are hyped about RG spot.
                ​​​​​​Noice!!!

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

some guys are not great OT's....but can be great OG's
                  Clary for that lone 2013 season 🥲

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm on track for things to........ Never count chickens until they hatch. But I'm rooting for best 5. From the moment it was pick #5 Alt. Pipkins was put in situation that either he rises up to or someone else says no you do not get to be RG. Good problem to have. Keep investing in OL and DL. You can't keep them all per free agency and stockpile the trenches is the way to go for a Harbaugh coached team. Who has it better than us?
                    Jim Harbaugh has preached find the best five linemen on their team to be their starting unit and it looks like they may have that group in time for minicamp.

Harbaugh names OL starters today.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Jim Harbaugh has preached find the best five linemen on their team to be their starting unit and it looks like they may have that group in time for minicamp.

Harbaugh names OL starters today.
                      Outstanding. Let me know who starts game 1 of season.
                      It could change for any number of reasons. Or it could remain the same. As long as they can run downhill effectively to have easy play action plays with great defense and special teams. The wins will show up. season cannot get here soon enough ... The NBA finals is boring. Baseball is boring. At least there is hockey finals.

But,.Where the hell is my NFL.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                        I guess Poppers post of Harbaugh's comments should settle the pages and pages of Pipkins debate so we can move onto some new and fresh topics lol
                        Yep...this sure is a lot of speculation about Poor Pip...until we hear some new news from the Bolts, we might as well go back to our discussion on music, concerts and Australian hardwoods...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Outstanding. Let me know who starts game 1 of season.
                          It could change for any number of reasons. Or it could remain the same. As long as they can run downhill effectively to have easy play action plays with great defense and special teams. The wins will show up. season cannot get here soon enough ... The NBA finals is boring. Baseball is boring. At least there is hockey finals.

But,.Where the hell is my NFL.
                          There's always an opportunity for change but barring anything out of the ordinary, these are the 5 Harbaugh and G-Ro will be installing their offense with in training camp. It's still football but now it's the Jim Harbaugh / Greg Roman offense. We may recall Harbaugh's attention to detail. Roman is easier to live with but he works for Jim so every one on OL will learn the details. Part of that is to acquire synchronicity as a group. That doesn't happen with a lot of substitutions.

I can't wait to see this team hit the practice field in training camp. I feel that every year but honestly my hair is standing on end thinking about it. This year is different. Too much electricity flowing around them to ignore.

Comment

Working...
                          X