Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Fouts2herbert what is meant by...

"I've seen Trey put in the work"
    and
    "they must think Pipkins is better than Salyer"
    and
    "this coaching staff believes he can do it"

???

These are rather dramatic comments and foundation is needed.

i say there is still lots of work for all these guys to do, before we see how it shakes out at ORG.

Wait...did you say "someone out there will most likely be looking for a RT." ??

Ha ! Yeah, as mentioned a long time ago, the Raiders. Does anyone think Hortiz would not trade with Telesco ?

The point that "OTAs don't mean shit" stands until proven otherwise, or at least until dmac hits us with 10,000 more words.

I've seen Jamaree "put in the work" with Ben.

All Harbaugh wants is some sort of a quality ORG to emerge from this competition.

Trey's trade value will increase from the fact that he can also play ORG now.

I just really believe in this new coaching staff, I didn't realize that would be a dramatic/controversial thing to say on the Charger forum...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I just really believe in this new coaching staff, I didn't realize that would be a dramatic/controversial thing to say on the Charger forum...
      When they brought in Leatherwood, my thought was that they are looking for a particular type at OL.

Agreed that our staff has sharp, succinct ideas in how they will proceed.

I expect rapid results.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Build the lines and the wins will come.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Another keep your eye on guy in TC post...lol.

Tre'mon Morris-Brash DE UCF. He's a UDFA. He's not the biggest DE 6'2" 245 LBs but he is all over the place. He had 571/2 tackles for loss and 25 sacks over 5 seasons @ UCF. He had a nice spin move on Pip that led to a direct line to Herbert. I could see him playing on rushing downs, 2nd/3rd and longs. He will be a fun one to watch during TC. I'll post his highlights below.

Ultimate Tre'mon Morris-Brash UCF DE Highlights (youtube.com)
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Trey still has to prove he can make the transition, that much is very true, the fact that this coaching staff believes he can do this gives me a lot of confidence that he will, this is not Lynn or Staley's staff, this is a Jim Harbaugh staff...so bearing that in mind, yeah, this means something to me, I can't discount it as easily as you have...
            What did i discount? I just said he has to show it.

How long have we been watching Pipkins? 5-6 years? He has gotton better, that is true but he was competely crap to the point he is now and some still have little confidense in him and he is being moved because they dont believe he can be an effective RT. So now he has to show he can be an effective RG.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

and
              and

???

i say there is still lots of work for all these guys to do, before we see how it shakes out at ORG.

Ha ! Yeah, as mentioned a long time ago, the Raiders. Does anyone think Hortiz would not trade with Telesco ?

The point that "OTAs don't mean shit" stands until proven otherwise, or at least until dmac hits us with 10,000 more words.

All Harbaugh wants is some sort of a quality ORG to emerge from this competition.

Trey should make the team either as RG or RG/ RT depth. I don't see a trade unless a starting level DB or DT is involved.

ps: If OTAs don't mean shit, why is everybody there working so hard? LOL!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

and
                and

???

Season 1 Episode 4 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree with all that. I'm just saying Salyer had that year under his belt at RG, and I'd guess our.OL coach is better than last years. Our OC is better than Moore. We have seen players make a jump in year 3 is all im saying and I can't count out McFadden.

Pip could be awful at RG for all we know and if he is, he might get traded or cut since it's after June 1st.

TC and preseason will tell us more. OTAs tell us nothing.
                  Now why would someone want to trade for an awful player?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

did anyone notice the story about who was at the Zach Ryan concert with Justin Herbert? I read that he crashed the staged towards the end of the concert with some of his O-linemen, Slater was there, Bozeman was there, Joe Alt was there, and Trey Pipkins was with them along with some Ram's players too...does it mean anything that Pipkins was there too? IDK, just thought it was interesting that 4 of the projected starters at O-line were hanging out with Herbs at a concert...probably doesn't mean shit tho...
                    Thats reading something into nothing imo but that happens a lot round here. Werent you the one that said something about a top first rounder getting a fully guaranteed contract and that might screw us for Alts contract? Or was it somebody else?
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-10-2024, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Telesco is an idiot? And his RTs stink worse? He did sign Guyton.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tommy Tutone will do it !
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree with all that. I'm just saying Salyer had that year under his belt at RG, and I'd guess our.OL coach is better than last years. Our OC is better than Moore. We have seen players make a jump in year 3 is all im saying and I can't count out McFadden.

Pip could be awful at RG for all we know and if he is, he might get traded or cut since it's after June 1st.

TC and preseason will tell us more. OTAs tell us nothing.
                          Salyer has a year of looking totally lost at RG. I'm sure he can think of things to do better, like everything.
                          Totally agree about coaching. Much better across the board.
                          OTAs speak to the coaches.
                          Per Harbaugh, Pipkins is one of our 5 best OL. I don't believe he says these things loosely.

Comment

Working...
                          X