Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Another major O-line bust was Robert Gallery...there were some people at the other forum who literally wanted to trade away the farm for the dude...oops...
    (Oh, and he went to the Raiduhs...)
    I confess, I thought he was a top prospect.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

A lot of us got sucked in on that one I remember that well. That guy just disappeared.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

A lot of us got sucked in on that one I remember that well. That guy just disappeared.
        and the raiders thought they made off like bandits with Gallery while a bunch of teams scrambled for the QB's, haha.

just another example of EVERYONE being wrong with a draft prospect.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That's what we were being told, and we believed it. What a bunch of suckers we were! lol

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

and the raiders thought they made off like bandits with Gallery while a bunch of teams scrambled for the QB's, haha.

At QB in 2004, the Raiders had Rich Gannon, who had a solid career but by that time, was mostly washed up and got injured, forcing them to roll with Kerry Collins, who didn't fare too well in Norv Turner's offense. In retrospect, the Raiduhs would have been better off to draft a QB...look who they could have had:

image.png

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Robert Gallery, Steve Entman, Brian Bosworth, Tony Mandarich, Vernon Gholston, Charles Rogers, Lawrence Philipps....all these guys were top 5, can't miss non-qb picks and all flamed. I think all took steroids in college, but that's just me. I think Emtman went first overall? Maybe a couple of my list were #6 but still awful

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

yeah, that happens once in awhile....

there have been some big flops of many players who used steroids.... and once they stopped using them they went from beasts to weaklings....for example, Merriman was a beast for his first 3 years..... then after he got busted and once he was off them, even small RB's were pancaking him..... lol

and many others....

QB's are the hardest to predict..... some have massive skills but no head or heart....but when you desperately need a QB, you have to take a chance on someone.....

I think great OL talents probably are the safest choices overall.... with lowest failure rate (why Gallery's failure at OT was a huge surprise)....

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports free agent S Tony Jefferson will tryout for the Chargers at the team’s upcoming minicamp.

Jefferson has ties to several members of the Chargers staff. Jim Harbaugh is the older brother of Jefferson’s former coach, John Harbaugh, and Chargers GM Joe Hortiz was in Baltimore during Jefferson’s previous tenure with the team. After sitting out the 2023 season, Jefferson has decided he’s interested in a return and will get a chance to leave his mark with the Chargers in the coming weeks. Jefferson will be 32 this season. While his best days as a player are likely behind him, his experience as a starter would bring added value to any roster that’s looking to add depth in its secondary.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                    Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports free agent S Tony Jefferson will tryout for the Chargers at the team’s upcoming minicamp.

Jefferson has ties to several members of the Chargers staff. Jim Harbaugh is the older brother of Jefferson’s former coach, John Harbaugh, and Chargers GM Joe Hortiz was in Baltimore during Jefferson’s previous tenure with the team. After sitting out the 2023 season, Jefferson has decided he’s interested in a return and will get a chance to leave his mark with the Chargers in the coming weeks. Jefferson will be 32 this season. While his best days as a player are likely behind him, his experience as a starter would bring added value to any roster that’s looking to add depth in its secondary.
                    Guess it can’t hurt but I still prefer someone who isn’t recently retired like Adrian Phillips. I also don’t think Jefferson did that well during his time with the Ravens but that was under Martindale.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

At QB in 2004, the Raiders had Rich Gannon, who had a solid career but by that time, was mostly washed up and got injured, forcing them to roll with Kerry Collins, who didn't fare too well in Norv Turner's offense. In retrospect, the Raiduhs would have been better off to draft a QB...look who they could have had:

image.png
                      That's okay,

Norv and the Raiders got it right the following year with that guy who played 10 miles up the free way from the Oakland Coliseum.

Norv was probably on board the Gallery express: him never mentioning anything about trying to get Al Davis to draft a qb.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Robert Gallery, Steve Entman, Brian Bosworth, Tony Mandarich, Vernon Gholston, Charles Rogers, Lawrence Philipps....all these guys were top 5, can't miss non-qb picks and all flamed. I think all took steroids in college, but that's just me. I think Emtman went first overall? Maybe a couple of my list were #6 but still awful

TG
                        I was a big Greg Robinson during his draft.
                        haha
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Starting my AFC west family album, since its the downtime of the year.

Mark Davis the owner of the Oakland ...Patrick Mahomes' Wife Brittany Matches ...

Comment

Working...
                          X