• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I'm thinking about Jamal Williams. If he was on this team we'd be really hard to beat. On paper, it looks like we have another potent offense but an iffy defense. Maybe the new DC can turn them into a pretty good defense?
    I’m thinking about IDL too. Sure, a great safety is also great but penetrating DT and suddenly doubling both edge gets impossible. K Clark had 7.5 sacks last year, 9 TFL (I don’t konw if sacks are included in TFL) - thats pretty darn good from the inside. I would rather bet on Gilman and Woods than J Clark and Matlock given the choice.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herbatraon 17-18. Stick 4 Picks. Lol. Lets get that Herbie stunt-man double out there and see him run some plays

#6 jumped out to me - Ladd is already Herbie’s lad. I am tell ya uncertain fellas, this kid is gonna be special - Slayer with more separation and speed.

Pip and Salyer like everyone expected … Compete! I’m betting on Pip but Salyer will put up a man contest and I won’t discount him winning it.
      Agree!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I’m thinking about IDL too. Sure, a great safety is also great but penetrating DT and suddenly doubling both edge gets impossible. K Clark had 7.5 sacks last year, 9 TFL (I don’t konw if sacks are included in TFL) - thats pretty darn good from the inside. I would rather bet on Gilman and Woods than J Clark and Matlock given the choice.
        What would be ideal would be to sign Clark to some kind of deal with nice incentives, then pick up a decent, fairly cheap FA FS to compete with Woods and give us some depth...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree.... my favorite Jamal Williams moment was the coin toss in playoffs against the colts..... I think Jamal called tails, but he called it right,... in front of Manning's face, and then, Jamal said "Tails!.... YOU LOSE!!!"..... lol
          and Chargers proceeded to arch ball right down field and scored a TD to eliminate INDY again and piss off national media who wanted a Brady Manning matchup!...lol

That single event of precious Peyton not having a chance to tie the game, caused NFL to change the OT rules!....lol

and I agree, a great DT would make this defense potentially great.... but great coaching can dial up great pressure like KC does with only one great DL.... and BB used to do same thing....so anything is possible..... you dont have to have stars at every position if you have a great coach and great scheme!

and he was maybe the best supplemental draft pick in history!
          My favorite Jamal moment was in a MNF game, and John Madden was raving about how Williams pushes the pocket...and then Jamal did exactly that later on...wow, I'd love another Jamal on this team...

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I do not doubt that our defense dominated against Stick.... he is a nice little guy, but he lacks real NFL QB skills and intuition.... he sucks!..... why is he still on the team???
            He did an admirable job at tanking. You get awarded for that.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I do not doubt that our defense dominated against Stick.... he is a nice little guy, but he lacks real NFL QB skills and intuition.... he sucks!..... why is he still on the team???
              Because some VIP scouted him...remember?
              (Just a theory...maybe this new QB is an upgrade)

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

I think IDL is in better shape than we think. Poona Ford was and underrated player and a signing that went under the radar.

I was recently looking at the roster specifically at DLine. The Chargers currently have 8 DT's and 1 DE's on the rooster. Interestingly, on the Chargers page they have them noted as DL not whether they are DT or DE. This kinda leads me to believe they haven't figured it out yet or guys are going to be moving around between DT and DE. This is what I have so far. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

Clark, Jerrod- DT, 334 Lbs
                Ebiogbe, Justin (R)- DT, 292 Lbs
                Ford, Puna- DT, 310 Lbs
                Hinton, Christropher- DT, 310 Lbs
                Mason, Micheal (R)- DT, 276 Lbs
                Matlock, Scott- DT, 296 Lbs
                Ogbonnia, Otito- DT, 320 Lbs
                Okoye, CJ- DT, 315 Lbs

Fox, Morgan- DE, 275Lbs

Eboigbe could be a DE but I think he will be moving around between DT and DE. Mason if he makes the team could be playing DE. He is a UDFA. Hinton is interesting, he played DT under Mintor and Harbaugh @ Michigan and was pretty successful there. Honestly, I have no idea what this DLine is going to look like, but I know it will be better than last year.

Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                REC: 10
                YARDS: 133
                TDS: 3

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I think IDL is in better shape than we think. Poona Ford was and underrated player and a signing that went under the radar.

I was recently looking at the roster specifically at DLine. The Chargers currently have 8 DT's and 1 DE's on the rooster. Interestingly, on the Chargers page they have them noted as DL not whether they are DT or DE. This kinda leads me to believe they haven't figured it out yet or guys are going to be moving around between DT and DE. This is what I have so far. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

Clark, Jerrod- DT, 334 Lbs
                  Ebiogbe, Justin (R)- DT, 292 Lbs
                  Ford, Puna- DT, 310 Lbs
                  Hinton, Christropher- DT, 310 Lbs
                  Mason, Micheal (R)- DT, 276 Lbs
                  Matlock, Scott- DT, 296 Lbs
                  Ogbonnia, Otito- DT, 320 Lbs
                  Okoye, CJ- DT, 315 Lbs

Fox, Morgan- DE, 275Lbs

Eboigbe could be a DE but I think he will be moving around between DT and DE. Mason if he makes the team could be playing DE. He is a UDFA. Hinton is interesting, he played DT under Mintor and Harbaugh @ Michigan and was pretty successful there. Honestly, I have no idea what this DLine is going to look like, but I know it will be better than last year.
                  Why don't NFL teams sign SUMO Wrestlers to play short yardage defense? 440 lb dudes who are STRONG.Some up to 600 lbs

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Yada yada. Best bookend OTs in the league. Brenden Rice: "Steal in the 7th round...taller, faster Jerry Rice." Previous head coaches/OCs didn't know what to do with Justin Herbert. "Greg Roman does." If anybody knows how use Quentin Johnston, it's Jim Harbaugh after watching him torch the Wolverines. QJ, Rice, McConkey - best WR corps in the league? Ravens caliber running game. Jessie Minter: will unlock the star power of Derwin James. Complete culture shift. Yada yada.

Los Angeles Chargers: Reasons To Be Excited for 2024 | PFF

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Why don't NFL teams sign SUMO Wrestlers to play short yardage defense? 440 lb dudes who are STRONG.Some up to 600 lbs
                      Or OC?!
                      Darius "4.36" Davis
                      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Yada yada. Best bookend OTs in the league. Brenden Rice: "Steal in the 7th round...taller, faster Jerry Rice." Previous head coaches/OCs didn't know what to do with Justin Herbert. "Greg Roman does." If anybody knows how use Quentin Johnston, it's Jim Harbaugh after watching him torch the Wolverines. QJ, Rice, McConkey - best WR corps in the league? Ravens caliber running game. Jessie Minter: will unlock the star power of Derwin James. Complete culture shift. Yada yada.

Los Angeles Chargers: Reasons To Be Excited for 2024 | PFF
                        Huh? Surely they didn't say that (I didn't watch the video). I sure hope they didn't say that; definite hit to their credibility if they did.

Comment

• jox g
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Herbatraon 17-18. Stick 4 Picks. Lol. Lets get that Herbie stunt-man double out there and see him run some plays

#6 jumped out to me - Ladd is already Herbie’s lad. I am tell ya uncertain fellas, this kid is gonna be special - Slayer with more separation and speed.

Pip and Salyer like everyone expected … Compete! I’m betting on Pip but Salyer will put up a man contest and I won’t discount him winning it.
                          Keep in mind Stick vs #1 out there during that period. Hope Duggan can do better.

Comment

Working...
                          X