• Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
    I like Palmer
    but he's injury prone
    He played in 33 out of 34 games in his first two seasons. The one game he missed was in 2021 and I think he was on the COVID list for one game, not an injury. He missed 7 games last season. Not exactly injury prone, unless he misses significant time in 2024.

isn't a very good run blocker
    What is your source for this?

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

This is what pro football network had to say about QJ's blocking, but I was going off more on what I'd seen from watching tape of him playing at TCU in 2022 and when I studied him a bit before the 2023 draft...

"Lastly, Johnston brings solid utility as a blocker. He understands leverage and uses his long arms to extend and wall off defenders. He’s generally an assignment-sound
      blocker who’s shown to latch and extend, then direct defenders upfield with his wide reach and leg drive."
      Do you have a link for this?

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Not a Valdez fan. If he is signed I hope it is el cheapo and it is to add competition to the room.
        Career 50 percent catch rate, when the only two QBs he's ever played with are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. Just say no. Please.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

10X production?

JP Rookie season: 33 REC/353 yds
          JP 2023 Yr3: 38/581, and a higher drop%

you’re over your skis just a tad…
          Cherry-picking stats. JP only played in 10 games in 2023. As a rookie JP had a 67% catch rate and scored 4 TDs, which you conveniently leave out. QJ had a 56.7% catch rated and scored 2 TDs. I don't care what the official stats say, the video evidence of QJ's rookie season shows him making one egregious drop after another, Palmer never has been that bad.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Not a Valdez fan. If he is signed I hope it is el cheapo and it is to add competition to the room.
            Me neither not a big fan. But if we do sign him cheap we have gone from no speed to 3 WRs with sub 4.0 speed.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Career 50 percent catch rate, when the only two QBs he's ever played with are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. Just say no. Please.
              Sign a FS please.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2023
                • Send PM

At the ed of the day this whole roster is on turnover…. It’s how a good coach gets his 4-8 years of tenure.

Harbaugh has the next 2yrs as a pass and will meet to put together a PO team buy year 3. Luckily we only have chiefs to hold us back in this division

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Me neither not a big fan. But if we do sign him cheap we have gone from no speed to 3 WRs with sub 4.0 speed.
                  Four: DD, Ladd, Chark, MVS (who I hope they don't sign).

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post
                    At the ed of the day this whole roster is on turnover…. It’s how a good coach gets his 4-8 years of tenure.

Harbaugh has the next 2yrs as a pass and will meet to put together a PO team buy year 3. Luckily we only have chiefs to hold us back in this division
                    I know that I'm somewhat of an optimist, but don't think Jimbo & Company will need 3 years. Get ready for a deep playoff run this year, folks, it's gonna happen. Coaching and attitude goes a long way in this game. There doesn't seem to be any dynasty teams around this year, but the Texans will be pretty scary.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Let's get some CBs in for visits, enough WRs, prioritize before they're all gone. I also heard there's a 6'4 TE in the UFL tearing it up

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Do you have a link for this?
                        I don't have a link for my own assessments from watching him play in college, you'll have to watch those games yourself...

but here's a link to the Pro football network draft profile article I mentioned earlier, it took seconds to google this, I'm not going to sit here and post a compilation of other draft profiles from other sites, you specifically said you had never heard anyone mention anything about his run blocking ability and this one I found in seconds like I said not hard to google this stuff, it was my impression from the games I saw and the profiles I read that it was widely accepted that he was a competent run blocker in college...but according to you you've never heard any mention of this...

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Catching is nicer but catch or no catch, throwing over the DBs heads to an open receiver has nearly the same impact on DBs minds. ! of two? That's a serious D problem.
                          Not the same as dropping a 5yd slant. We can use that.

Comment

Working...
                          X