• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    I think Barnhart because he’s versatile and provides depth at every position except Center. Don’t know if he has what it takes to winning the RG position though.
    Bet he knows what a smash-your-face block is. 6th OL in jumbo packages.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I thought McFadden looked decent in very limited #game reps, and will bet he got backup/scrub coaching focus - considering how good the starting OL coaching was we can only imagine how bad they were developing players.

We’re discounting him too early with Barnhart starter projections imo.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        QJ was criminally mis-used last year. Running precise patterns...? Expecting him to gain separation through pattern running...? WTF were they thinking? They should be fired! Oh yeah... they were. Can we all just relax and see how the new coaching staff uses him...? I know that not getting Nabers or Bowers really threw some for a loop...
        Yes how dare they expect him to run precise patterns get some separation and even catch the ball?!?!?!? Ridiculous

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I always get a kick when the draft is over and the speculation keeps on flying anyway.

It is wait and see time.

Ben is gonna ID our prime suspects pretty soon.

This is the best Charger draft, UFA, UDFA class in decades.

You think you know,
          but you really don't know.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The rule I really want changed is to allow all 53 people on the roster to be active for every game, along with an expanded IR.
            I will take it one step further - active roster is 53, 45 active on game day and the practice squad is 16 players. But you have to pass through waivers to get to the PS. High level PS players get $300k; vet min player is $800k - so $500k - but sometimes players get to the active and get the game day bump

My plan:
            slash the PS in half - and truly have it for those players that need seasoning

increase the actual roster by 8 to 61
            but game days to 55

Maybe this would allow coaches more depth to not play injured players - allow plenty of OLine depth, 3rd QB, etc. I get the cost, would be an additional $4m to each team. Which is nothing for the NFL

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              I always get a kick when the draft is over and the speculation keeps on flying anyway.

It is wait and see time.

Ben is gonna ID our prime suspects pretty soon.

This is the best Charger draft, UFA, UDFA class in decades.

You think you know,
              but you really don't know.
              Yep...slackers beware...Here's just a snapshot of what Herbert does:

"At the center of Herbert's philosophy is a set of measurements he calls Key Performance Indicators, or KPIs for short, that are divided into four groups: frame analysis; flexibility and mobility; strength and power; agility and speed. The categories are further split into the exercises, lifts or movements most closely associated with each classification. Players record a value for all 48 KPIs in Herbert's collection, and the results are added to a formula that churns out an individual score for everyone on Michigan's roster. The final product is an unbiased assessment of athletic capability.

Incoming players snap shirtless "before" photos and record their baseline KPI values shortly after joining the program. Aside from notating a starting point, the initial data means little to Herbert given the variance in training regimens among high school athletes. He and his staff care less about the shape players are in when they arrive and focus more on how they attack the training in Ann Arbor. He points to former Michigan edge rusher Mike Morris, the 2022 Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year, as a prime example. When Morris first got to campus, his cumulative KPI score was lower than kicker Jake Moody's initial value the year prior.

"Everyone's potential is not the same," Herbert said. "But it's our job to mine it out, right?"

Ben Herbert turned the Wolverines into Big Ten bullies through physical development, mental toughness and, most of all, consistency. With some personal innovation along the way.

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, Pip is probably the swing tackle... and they'll see if Salyer is an actual NFL guard during training camp.
                They brought in 2 RG's as UDFA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Karson Barnhart (Michigan) win the starting RG spot.
                Starting:
                Slater, Zion, Bozeman, Barnhart, Alt
                Depth: Salyer, Pipkins, McFadden.

QJ was criminally mis-used last year. Running precise patterns...? Expecting him to gain separation through pattern running...? WTF were they thinking? They should be fired! Oh yeah... they were. Can we all just relax and see how the new coaching staff uses him...? I know that not getting Nabers or Bowers really threw some for a loop...

There is 0% chance of predicting whether Dobbins stays healthy this year. If he's in there, then Edwards/Dobbins is a rotation that will punish people. I'm ready to punish people. Kimani Vidal was a nice pick-up. And we have zero idea how good/bad Spiller is... let's see what he does behind a real OL. We know he's not very good when he gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS.
                At Michigan, they kind of moved Barnhart around a lot between T and G, but looks like he played best at guard:

"Draft Profile: Bio

Karsen Barnhart from Paw Paw High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Barnhart opted to join Michigan.

In 2019 as a freshman Barnhart saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 13 snaps for the Wolverines. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.

As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 6 games and a total of 276 snaps. He conceded 6 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at left tackle.

In 2021 as a junior Barnhart saw action in 8 games and totaled 262 snaps. He gave up 4 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at left tackle.

In 2022 as a senior Barnhart saw action in 9 games and played a total of 561 snaps for the Wolverines. He allowed 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.

In 2023 as a fifth year senior Barnhart saw action in 14 games and played a total of 779 snaps for the Wolverines. He allowed 12 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at tight tackle, and the rest at left tackle."

Rating: 75.0 Rank: #64 Forty: 5.21 Karsen Barnhart from Paw Paw High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Barnhart opted...

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I don't see Jim being okay with Alt playing next to some UDFA at RG
                  I can see Joe bringing in a vet RG if one gets cut somewhere over a shinny new rookie.
                  Alt would be best served playing next to someone with more experience than even a Salyer.
                  Bozrman would be perfect if he wasn't needed for OC.
                  2024: Far From Over

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

I agree with Matt Money Smith there may not be room for DD, Ladd can do kick off returns and punt returns and DD isn't better than our other receivers. We need more roster spot availability and I wish we could force a backup OL learn to long snap and free up that roster spot also same with FB, let Gus the Bus be the FB when needed to open up another spot. Trade DD for perhaps a 5th rounder?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                      I agree with Matt Money Smith there may not be room for DD, Ladd can do kick off returns and punt returns and DD isn't better than our other receivers. We need more roster spot availability and I wish we could force a backup OL learn to long snap and free up that roster spot also same with FB, let Gus the Bus be the FB when needed to open up another spot. Trade DD for perhaps a 5th rounder?
                      I am not sure DD should be released - he is a weapon in the kick return and punt return game. He would have value in a trad e- agree with you.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

It will be interesting how it shakes out. Captain Obvious can see we have more WRs than we can ever possibly carry - something will give. All obvious options have been posted …
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes how dare they expect him to run precise patterns get some separation and even catch the ball?!?!?!? Ridiculous
                          If they wanted precise patterns... then why draft QJ...?
                          He got plenty of separation in college. Of course, they had him running different routes...
                          3 dropped balls...? How dare he!
                          Ridiculous...

Comment

Working...
                          X