• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Pip beats out Salyer at RG, it makes our line stronger...all I know is Salyer struggled at G...yet, he sure filled in well at LT for Slater...
    I don't see Salyer having a future under Harbaugh if he doesn't get his ass in shape, period...the guy is woefully out of shape even by lineman standards...his effectiveness would increase tremendously if he slimmed down a bit and replaced some of that fat with muscle...he is also very stiff, playing at a lower weight would improve his mobility and his flexibility...He's a talented kid but you have to admit that he fell in the draft for a reason...and it wasn't just the knee issue...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If another two fifths of our starting OL gets replaced, oh well.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don't see Salyer having a future under Harbaugh if he doesn't get his ass in shape, period...the guy is woefully out of shape even by lineman standards...his effectiveness would increase tremendously if he slimmed down a bit and replaced some of that fat with muscle...he is also very stiff, playing at a lower weight would improve his mobility and his flexibility...He's a talented kid but you have to admit that he fell in the draft for a reason...and it wasn't just the knee issue...
        Just wait till Ben Herbert gives Salyer an earful and puts him on his nutrition and weight training program...I can hear it now: "Is that the best you can do??? COME ON, MAN!!!"

image.png
        More looks at changes in players this year: Cesar Ruiz: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmtmrkYh5pM/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control  

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Just wait till Ben Herbert gives Salyer an earful and puts him on his nutrition and weight training program...I can hear it now: "Is that the best you can do??? COME ON, MAN!!!"

image.png
          https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/some-mo...tionist-effect
          you can add Jaimes to this, when Jaimes got drafted he came in looking like a guy that put in the time in college and in the pre-draft process, I expected him to take it to the next level in year two and what I saw at TC his sophomore year really blew me away...the money hurts some of these guys and they lose focus on what they are supposed to be doing, no college coach forcing you to come in and work out anymore, now it's up to you to eat right and maintain your own workout schedules etc...some guys just seem to lack that professional drive...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

you can add Jaimes to this, when Jaimes got drafted he came in looking like a guy that put in the time in college and in the pre-draft process, I expected him to take it to the next level in year two and what I saw at TC his sophomore year really blew me away...the money hurts some of these guys and they lose focus on what they are supposed to be doing, no college coach forcing you to come in and work out anymore, now it's up to you to eat right and maintain your own workout schedules etc...some guys just seem to lack that professional drive...
            Yep, there's another dude that needs to step it up...or they'll say, "time to go HOME, JAIMES!"

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

That’s the thing. This is your job and someone is always trying to take it. So why not invest in yourself. Look at how Johnson showed up. Different!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                If another two fifths of our starting OL gets replaced, oh well.
                Well, we need at least one OG, whether Harbo and staff develop someone already on the roster, or sign an FA...now that Alt is plugged in at RT, don't want to see any more IOL pressure like last year...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                  That’s the thing. This is your job and someone is always trying to take it. So why not invest in yourself. Look at how Johnson showed up. Different!
                  I think Johnson is not quite like ekeler but similar, these guys are gym rats, they enjoy working out and maintain a professional physique...Zion has always been a mountain of muscle even when he was in college, I just think some charger fans had never seen him without pads on...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Well, we need at least one OG, whether Harbo and staff develop someone already on the roster, or sign an FA...now that Alt is plugged in at RT, don't want to see any more IOL pressure like last year...
                    So Zion is being shown the bench in this scenario? right now to me with coach saying that Trey is one of our top 5 guys I think we have our starting lineup set Slater, Zion, Bozeman, Trey, Alt...with 14 O-linemen on the roster already I think they may be done bringing people in but you never know...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

So Zion is being shown the bench in this scenario? right now to me with coach saying that Trey is one of our top 5 guys I think we have our starting lineup set Slater, Zion, Bozeman, Trey, Alt...with 14 O-linemen on the roster already I think they may be done bringing people in but you never know...
                      Kind of early to start making predictions on our final line...that RG spot is the one that I don't think anyone is too sure of yet...
                      Last edited by Topcat; 04-28-2024, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Kind of early to start making predictions on our final line...that RT spot is the one that I don't think anyone is too sure of yet...
                        Did you mean RG?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Kind of early to start making predictions on our final line...that RT spot is the one that I don't think anyone is too sure of yet...

!? as in Alt is playing LT? oh boy....

Comment

Working...
                          X