• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t understand the reflexive fear of trading with a division rival. They are trading with a division rival too. Its all about the deal.

i’d love for DEN to send us a haul of picks, add in PS, and then pick another shit QB like the last half dozen QBs they’ve picked and set them back another 5+ years lol.
    Exactly.
    We could get Surtain, draft Quinyon or Arnold at #12 and, with our EDGE pieces, dominate on D.

However, I just don't think that is how our long term roster build, cap allotment, etc will play out.

I also think Hortiz trumpeting "BPA" is part of some 3D Chess moves, as there are only so many things that can happen up top of the '24 Draft.

Meanwhile, wu is stuck in the muck of the trenches, like a pig rolling in slop, and loving it.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Resistance is Futile.

Let's have some order in here.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Exactly.
        We could get Surtain, draft Quinyon or Arnold at #12 and, with our EDGE pieces, dominate on D.

However, I just don't think that is how our long term roster build, cap allotment, etc will play out.

I also think Hortiz trumpeting "BPA" is part of some 3D Chess moves, as there are only so many things that can happen up top of the '24 Draft.

Meanwhile, wu is stuck in the muck of the trenches, like a pig rolling in slop, and loving it.
        My final is coming, probably tonight...I WILL have a little commentary...

Got 3 versions...3 paths...still deciding which door to go thru...this is hard. Feel like I have multiple personality disorder...

TPB...Wu says the Gauntlet was for everyone...no trade, predictive mock, with all non QBs on the board...what say you?

Put away the 11 and 23, Nutty...no trade is a grown up game...whatcha got?
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

My final is coming, probably tonight...I WILL have a little commentary...

Got 3 versions...3 paths...still deciding which door to go thru...this is hard. Feel like I have multiple personality disorder...

TPB...Wu says the Gauntlet was for everyone...no trade, predictive mock, with all non QBs on the board...what say you?

Put away the 11 and 23, Nutty...no trade is a grown up game...whatcha got?
          Do what you think will happen. Mine was with a Cards trade up scenario. For me, I am hoping they get an extra 2 and 3. Don't care how they get it..lol
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why not? Because I don't want them to get one of the good QBs.
            Who would be a good QB for the Donks to draft? Nix?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
              WR Prediction-

3rd round Malik Washington
              6th round Cornelius Johnson
              FA Tyler Boyd

Would a WR room like this give anybody confidence? I would be happy with it.
              QJ
              J. Palmer
              T. Boyd
              M. Washington
              C. Johnson
              DD

I also like Bub Means in the late rounds as well. Hoping he goes undrafted. Only reason I would take Cornelius Johnson ahead of Means is familiarity.
              I saw a tweet this morning that Boyd was signing with Steelers, a done deal. Then I read its all but certain he won't, Steelers decided "that ship has sailed". gotta love the interwebby...so chock full of facts.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

I have been paying attention…just don’t really agree . Jeremiah and Brooks did their podcast looking back it the WR’s drafted in the first 3 rounds over the past 4 or 5 years and it reinforces that the hit rate for WR’s picked in the top 10 has been extremely high. WR’s picked later are very hit or miss with most late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks being JAGs or busts.

There are only so many “elite” talents and we are in position to get that this year. I’d much rather pick elite WR at 5 and trade down in the 2nd round for multiple top 100 picks. The difference between player number 30 and 90 is not as great as the difference between Number 1 and 30. We can get one of the top 2 players in this draft….if we trade out it better be for a haul….and no, 11 & 23 is not enough.
                I suggesting trading down from #5 to #10-#13. NOT out of the 1st round!. In a loaded draft there may not be much diff. between 5 and 11. ALSO, the paying attention part is the Harbaugh will not draft a wr at #5. Fan's love great WR's but they may not be the best building blocks. If the Chargers were close and just needed 1 or 2 platers then you take MHJ or Nabers at #5. But they are not.
                I told this story many time. Detroit picks like 4 "elite" WR's in about a 6 year span. They were just to good to pass up. Detroit continued to be terrible for year because the did not take care of the "building blocks".
                I want building blocks

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Icebolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why not? Because I don't want them to get one of the good QBs.
                    I agree with 21&500
                    IF Denver is that desperate ( I personally don't think they can afford to move up ) then they will trade with us or Arizona. They will get theirQB wether we trade with them or not. I don't care if this QB will be good or great. WE get PS, this years #12 and next years #1 and what ever else. JJ Mc is a project and everyone says that he is not ready to take over right away. As us Maye, How good will Denver be then? It will be a top ten pick next year-YUM.
                    You get a Stud OL at #12, a top CB and a top ten next year ( 2 more starters )

Comment

• Icebolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2023
                      • Send PM

Speaking of mocks, Does this site have a Mock draft challenge or some thing like it for us to post our picks.
                      It would be fun to see how far off we are, or should I say, how far off the GM's are from our best choices!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                        Speaking of mocks, Does this site have a Mock draft challenge or some thing like it for us to post our picks.
                        It would be fun to see how far off we are, or should I say, how far off the GM's are from our best choices!
                        Is it too late for a TPB mock game first 5 rounds?!?
                        if not, I got Ravens and raiders.
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t understand the reflexive fear of trading with a division rival. They are trading with a division rival too. Its all about the deal.

i’d love for DEN to send us a haul of picks, add in PS, and then pick another shit QB like the last half dozen QBs they’ve picked and set them back another 5+ years lol.
                          Cautionary tale.
                          A few years ago BUF willingly traded 10 with KC.
                          And since that trade Pat Mahomes taken 10 has terrorized BUF in the playoffs, preventing them from ever winning anything.

We think we know these players. But we don’t.
                          No one was saying Mahomes was going to be some HOF level QB. They may have thought highly of him but there’s a reason he went 10 after other QBs.

And that trade wasn’t even in their division. And they’ve still been ruined by the trade.

Comment

Working...
                          X