• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I've heard of a different version of this deal with Arizona sending the Chargers picks #11 and #27 straight up for the 5th pick which I like...getting Addison, #23 and #35 doesn't seem as nice to me for some reason...maybe because of what you could get this year with those two 1st rounders, IDK?
    So many options out there if truly Surtain and Addison are on the table for teams.

Cardinals might want Addison as that gives them WR and they can still deal with the Chargers for MHJR.

See how desperate Payton gets to offer Surtain. If the Chargers could get Surtain with 12 and a 2025 FRP - I just might do that deal.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
      This guy has speed for days….
      Hes exactly the WR Harbaugh wants…

IMO, he would be a very nice #2 receiver on a team without a #1 receiver.
      Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-14-2024, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        MH2 might have as much value as a QB to at least 1 team out there. (raiders?!?)
        I've already suggested this for us but any team that drafts MH2 can keep their phone lines open and entertain offers through the first round.
        Maybe KC is willing to give up a multiple 1s to see Mahomes to Harrison for 10 years.
        This is ban worthy

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I've heard of a different version of this deal with Arizona sending the Chargers picks #11 and #27 straight up for the 5th pick which I like...getting Addison, #23 and #35 doesn't seem as nice to me for some reason...maybe because of what you could get this year with those two 1st rounders, IDK?
          IMO, Addison is worth a 2nd rounder in this draft,
          so it would be a low 1rst and two 2nds for the #5 pick with MHJr sitting there.

Not even close.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If the Bolts do that deal, I would guess Trader Joe might use Surtain as a rental with the goal of getting a comp pick. Hortiz and DeCosta tended to shy away from monster 2nd or 3rd contracts, and also stockpiled 3rd and 4th draft picks like crazy. The Ravens tended to unload potential high-earning players BEFORE doing those monster deals. For example, two years ago, they traded Hollywood Brown for a first round pick. Brown requested a trade because he felt that Roman's run-first O wasn't using him enough, even though he had a 1,000 season in his third year. But I'm sure he was looking to extend his deal or at least looking for big bucks after his 4th year with the Ravens. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bolts acquire Surtain, only to trade him for picks or let him go for a comp pick, rather than shelling out megabucks for his second deal. By the way, note how the Ravens traded down from #23 to #25, added a 4th rounder and STILL got C Tyler Linderbaum. Nice move:

image.png
            https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-trad...und-draft-pick
            Marquise Brown was traded to Arizona for a 1rst.
            Orlando Brown was traded to KC for a 1rst.
            Orlando Brown wanted LT type money, and Brown wanted elite wide receiver type money: neither were worth it.
            The trades were no brainers.

The only guy of significance they let walk without resigning or trading that I can think of was Mathew Judon.

You can't win if you do not resign enough core vets that you drafted ... that makes you Tom Telesco.
            Surtain would be a key vet.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy

He was drafted in 2021.
              You have him for two years under a rookie contract and then you can franchise tag him for a few more years,
              and then get a 3rd ..... you'd also have the inside track to resigning him due to the franchise tag.
              If the Chargers are trading for him - they would sign him to a long term deal..

Edit: I just sent a tweet to Benjamin Allbright and said read a rumor on the forum that Paul Allen (or somebody Vikings related) said Sean Payton is so desperate for McCarthy he is willing to include Surtain -

He said that rumor was started by a caller into a radio show - so just as I thought, unless Alllbright is wrong - Surtain is not on the table.
              Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 04-14-2024, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

You don’t get the other picks. Who else has the multiple picks in the 1st and high picks in every other round?
                Addisons value is he’s a top tier WR and just had a spectacular rookie season with scrubs throwing to him for half of it. Just taking a player at 5 limits the team massively. Having 23 and 35 on top of a really good WR who is cheap makes the rebuild go much faster.
                Obviously you like Addison and think he is top tier and as good as what we can draft. I do not and dont like slight WRs. We already have one of those in Davis.
                Addison had 43 of his 70 receptions from Cousins. And one of those games he had zero because he left the game with an injury.

Rather have the picks over Addison. Just plain and simple. I dont need to make it easy for AZ. They want to trade up to 5 for a reason but you think its ok to take the WR they traded for, pass him on to us and get a better one. Well i say no thanks. Keep him, we'll take the picks,....and i got two other GMs calling...i have to answer it so make up your mind.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  MH2 might have as much value as a QB to at least 1 team out there. (raiders?!?)
                  I've already suggested this for us but any team that drafts MH2 can keep their phone lines open and entertain offers through the first round.
                  Maybe KC is willing to give up a multiple 1s to see Mahomes to Harrison for 10 years.
                  And we would do that because .....................

chris jericho what GIF by CBC

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

He isn’t due a contract until after next season.
                    What is the Chargers cap after this next season?
                    Spotrac currently has the Chargers at $107m under the cap for 2025
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers are trading for him - they would sign him to a long term deal..

Edit: I just sent a tweet to Benjamin Allbright and said read a rumor on the forum that Paul Allen (or somebody Vikings related) said Sean Payton is so desperate for McCarthy he is willing to include Surtain -

He said that rumor was started by a caller into a radio show - so just as I thought, unless Alllbright is wrong - Surtain is not on the table.
                      Yeah, podcasters and callers are the best for rumors, like the Vikings fans who love conspiracies. lol. But you know, Denver doesnt have the draft capital so id in fact ask them to include Surtain or the conversation is over when other teams have picks for this year we could get.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Spotrac currently has the Chargers at $107m under the cap for 2025
                        That is currently only for 25 players.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That is currently only for 25 players.
                          It will be 95-96 mil after the draft with 34-35 players? Weshould be a good shape though i doubt we sign big money FAs as im sure Slater is getting his extension. Not sure who else is a FA we sign a bif contract too. ASJ im not sure we keep him. Depends how he plays this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X