• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wont melt down. I know what they want to do. Missing on Bowers would suck but i wont be surprised if they go OL. Alt at 5 is kinda a nose wrinkle with whats still on the board but he will contribute. IF we get 11 & 23 Fuaga makes more sense though id still pick Bowers

Maybe we ass rape the Raiders for going to 13 and get their 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st. Sims wont let me do it but we arent just getting a 2nd and 3rd from them.
    TT is primed for a bendover ... Mark gave him a fresh tube of lube today. only a 2+3 is incomplete, a quick finger rim tickle at best, agree.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Apparently some of these guys do care, remember the Bill Tobin deal? you'd think that these guys wouldn't listen to the noise but the draft is such a crapshoot and some of these professionals often make the fans look smart because they over analyze the information that they have, it can almost become a deterrent to have too much info on guys, then we are all watching the games and going like, yeah, that fucker would've sucked on our team but he's helping those assholes win super bowls and stuff like that, the draft is crazy and I think that's what makes it so much fun, even a dickhead like TT got some picks right now and again...
      I don't remember the Bill Tobin deal
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The Colts picked Trev Alberts I believe and Kiper said it was a bad pick. Mort (I think) was in Indy and interviewed Bill Tobin, GM of the Colts at the time, and blasted Mel Kiper, even saying "Who the hell is Mel Kiper?!!?"

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Colts picked Trev Alberts I believe and Kiper said it was a bad pick. Mort (I think) was in Indy and interviewed Bill Tobin, GM of the Colts at the time, and blasted Mel Kiper, even saying "Who the hell is Mel Kiper?!!?"
          that shit was hilarious!
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Kiper said that picks like that was the biggest reason that the colts were a bottom tier organization and that they would always be that, he was being fucking harsh, and Bill Tobin ripped him a new one, LOL!
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Good points...dont agre with all but good points. Nutty does tend to strong arm his opinions and he may or may not be right. We all may or may not be right. There are people on Twitter saying if we dont pick a WR at 5 we are stupid, its a bad pick already, etc....imo those fans dont know our scheme and probably dont know history about our coaches.

However...first......the #5 pick contract will be 32.38 million, not 41. Ive posted the rookie slot pool a handful of times.

Next i do think you over think the draft slot money. Especially for QBs. The league dont really give a shit what it costs to get a QB and why they are over drafted EVERY year and why mediocre QBs like Murray got over fucking paid. Watson got a surely ridiculous contract and Russell Wilson got a ridiculous over paid contract. You think they care about drafting 5th or 10th for a player they love even if it isnt a QB? Sure they may try to trade down for a safety and OG but it doesnt always happen either.

Signing free agents is another thing altogether but in the draft if there is a player they love, i dont think they care if he is 5, 8 or 10 and take a chance on losing out,....they will draft them if thats who they love. They got the draft rookie pool in place for a reason so they cant complain about it....and i dont think they are. No other sport can a team just cut a guy and not have to pay them the duration of that contract.

Dont feel sorry for these billionaires. They can afford it. They ask the public to pay for half or more of their new stadiums then reward you with a $100 tab to park your car to go see them play. Charge you thousands to have a license for the right to get season tickets or seats or whatever its for.

And dont forget...we had 2 WRs making 20 mil...Jax just paid 30m mil per year to resign their edge rusher. They do it to themselves. And No, dont consider safety a premium position. A few have got paid but it isnt near league wide.
              Correct but now you have to factor in the sunken cost of moving Pipkins to the swing tackle role which @ $8.7 million makes him the highest paid swing tackle in the league. Thus the $41 million.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

One of the greatest moments in NFL Draft history.

During the 1994 NFL Draft Indianapolis Colts GM, Bill Tobin, passed on Trent Dilfer to the dismay of Mel Kiper Jr. From there one of the most memorable feuds...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

One of the greatest moments in NFL Draft history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwfxtFbga8
                  Aww, the good ole' days, I was still in my prime then, damn it goes by fast don't it? BTW, Kiper was wrong about Shuler and Dilfer, they both sucked and even though Alberts didn't work out Marshall Faulk is a fucking HOFer, plus Jim Harbaugh had some really good years with the colts I believe that his "captain comeback" moniker was earned during that time...the difference is that guys like Tobin get fired when they fuck up, Mel Kiper has been fucking up for decades and he still has a job, LOL!

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That deal you propose is actually very reasonable...but if you look at Trader Joe's history, he LOVES to stockpile future draft picks, especially 3rd and 4th rounders...so in the end, it might be #11, #23, this year's 4th rounder and maybe a next year's 3rd or 4th rounder...
                    I would do that trade in a New York minute as well. #23 is a huge pick as they could stay and pick or trade out and pick up maybe another 2nd rnder and/or a 3rd. Maybe a first next year if they trade out of the 1st rnd. Anyway, can't wait for the draft to see how it falls out.
                    Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                    REC: 10
                    YARDS: 133
                    TDS: 3

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I would do that trade in a New York minute as well. #23 is a huge pick as they could stay and pick or trade out and pick up maybe another 2nd rnder and/or a 3rd. Maybe a first next year if they trade out of the 1st rnd. Anyway, can't wait for the draft to see how it falls out.
                      I would be so happy with 11 23 and two more picks. Hopefully that comes to fruition

Two weeks from today

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That was funny. You can still say that lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Correct but now you have to factor in the sunken cost of moving Pipkins to the swing tackle role which @ $8.7 million makes him the highest paid swing tackle in the league. Thus the $41 million.
                          Or they can trade him after June 1st and save 6 25 mil after they trade for or sign someone else. And if not, no big deal. He is a swing tackle which is important and he is gone e after this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X