• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Wrong...once again. Bowers and Washington both played 15 games in 2022. Washington caught 28 passes as the #2 tight end.

Nabers caught two passes for 25 yards against Arnold and Kool-Aid on the plays he lined up against them. He torched Malachi Moore, a safety/slot defender who is returning to Alabama for his fifth season in 2024 instead of declaring for the draft.

Watch the games.
    Wow 28 passes. Impressive. Bowers played 15 games in both 2022 and 2023. But he started 2022 banged up and did not play on
    all downs. He also got banged up in 2022 mid season. Again played in all games but not totally healthy. And what happened to
    Washington in 2021? 10 receptions another impressive year.

EDIT: Should be Bowers played in 15 games in 2021 and 2022. Misses games and played hurt in 2023
    Last edited by charger1_sj; 03-18-2024, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Wow 28 passes. Impressive. Bowers played 15 games in both 2022 and 2023. But he started 2022 banged up and did not play on
      all downs. He also got banged up in 2022 mid season. Again played in all games but not totally healthy. And what happened to
      Washington in 2021? 10 receptions another impressive year.
      Wrong...once again. Bowers played 10 games in 2023, which is where you're probably confused in thinking he played 10 in 2022....because you don't watch the games.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You want to go back to back #1 with WR, with Harbaugh and Roman as OC who will be in a lot of 2TE sets and only have 2 WR on field. And you already have QJ, Palmer .....so you #1 draft pick is on sideline watching.

They can move Bosa inside and have Verse at Edge

They can have Mack, Bosa, Verse, Tuli all on the field getting after Patrick Mahomes. And rotate them to keep them fresh.

You want to beat him with a new shiny toy WR that is dependent on OL and QB. Good job Telesco....go manage the Raiturds.

if Harrison Jr. Is there at#5 or of Rome is there at #11....maybe.

But I think Cardinals say No to a trade and take Harrison Jr.
        They need WR badly. And they risk not getting one of top 3 if they trade back to #11 with Vikings.

1.QB
        2.QB
        3.QB
        4.WR Harrison Jr
        5.Vikings trade up. Bolts get pick #11 and #23.

Chargers are in prime spot to trade back. And build a tough team that runs the ball and plays defense.

​​​​
        Your first statement is ridiculous. Any one of the top 3 WRs starts over Palmer, or QJ for that matter. And if we don't take one of
        the 3 WRs and miss on Bowers @ TE, who is Herbert going to throw to? , Especially against KC that have pretty damn good CBs.
        They will go man to man with our two receivers and load up the box to stop the run. What next?

We have a QB, his name is Herbert and he's got a cannon of an arm. You want to run the ball then you better get OGs and a
        C that can block. An ROT is going to help in pass pro, less so in the run game. But with nobody to throw too it won't matter.

OK with your edge rusher statement. But I don't think we go into the season with Palmer, QJ, Davis and nothing after that.
        Whether we take a WR @5, 11 don't know. But we will at some time add WR help. Maybe that comes in FA. Maybe in the
        draft. But no way we enter the season with what the offense currently looks like.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Wrong...once again. Bowers played 10 games in 2023, which is where you're probably confused in thinking he played 10 in 2022....because you don't watch the games.
          Favorite player in college football the last couple years

Saw a lot of Georgia games - really good player. Probably not an option at 5 - but trade back to 11 and get the guy, sign me up all damn day!!

Don't get wrong, the RT Fuanga would be good, Terrion Arnold, Dallas Turner - all good picks at 11

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Updated cap numbers. We are $39.6M under the cap.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

1st pick edge when you have Mack and Bosa versus WR when you have QJ? Are you swilling ketamine with Elon?

Newsflash, you lost your two best starting receivers and brought back all your pass rushers.

Im all for drafting a “prospect” in later rounds, but you have to address receiver void early and often.

Also, on defense, I think DT and CB still remains a higher priority than edge.
              Based on need, I think C- CB- WR- DT. Based on talent available, WR- C- CB- DT
              I have DT pushed down because I like our young guys and Ford

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                Updated cap numbers. We are $39.6M under the cap.
                I see 38.7 from OTC but that isnt counting Stick, Hurst, Ford or Perryman. Any 1 year deals , the cap hit will be what we signed them for. So 3 mil off that for Perryman. Dont know what Stick got or the others.
                So 35 mil, minus ....what...13 mil for draft class and not sure if that includes PS. But anyways , now thats 22 mil effective cap. Might be 17 if we need 5 mil for PS.

Popper needs to come out with another spread sheet.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Yeah I got the years messed up. He was hurt this past year and missed games. He did not miss any games in 2022, but he did start the season banged up. Still I am
                  not impressed with 28 catches for Washington. And he did worse the year before.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I see 38.7 from OTC but that isnt counting Stick, Hurst, Ford or Perryman. Any 1 year deals , the cap hit will be what we signed them for. So 3 mil off that for Perryman. Dont know what Stick got or the others.
                    So 35 mil, minus ....what...13 mil for draft class and not sure if that includes PS. But anyways , now thats 22 mil effective cap.
                    Not necessarily. The salary and cap hit can be different. We have to wait and see. Both Spotrac and Over the Cap eventually end up with the
                    same number. Things are fluid right now.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Favorite player in college football the last couple years

Saw a lot of Georgia games - really good player. Probably not an option at 5 - but trade back to 11 and get the guy, sign me up all damn day!!

Don't get wrong, the RT Fuanga would be good, Terrion Arnold, Dallas Turner - all good picks at 11
                      i agree

I'm ok with bowers at 11 but not at 5.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

i agree

Saw Joel Klatt mock draft that had us taking Bowers at 11 and Tyler Guyton at 23 to play RT.....sounds just fine to me

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

i agree

If we can get Bowers at 11, that would be great. Im thinking the Jets might take him at 10 though.

Comment

Working...
                          X