• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm just glad to know that Mike Davis is not coming back to the Chargers. He is one of those players that I feel the previous regime tried to stick with for too long. I have nothing against the guy and wish him the best when he's not playing against the Chargers. But his inconsistency on the field was maddening. He is not a Harbaugh type player.
    Need a starting DB, OC, DT, WR and better RT! Lot of needs going into the draft.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Mack cap number in 2025 is only 8mil.
      He isn't going anywhere.
      Meanwhile Bosa cap number in 2025 is 36mil and Chargers save 25mil if they cut or trade him next offseason.

Verse would be a great pick up. Not only to add another pass rusher this year.
      ​​But, also because Joey has an injury history.

I like that Hortiz said he goes BPA because you never 1 player away and he doesn't want to pass up on good football player to fill need.

A trade of #5 for #11 & #23.

#11 BPA (Verse-Edge)
      #23 BPA. (JPJ-OC)

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Need a starting DB, OC, DT, WR and better RT! Lot of needs going into the draft.
        The draft will take care of some of those needs. But yes, I can still see Hortiz doing some pre and post draft shopping

Contracts in the 1.5 to 2.5m range that aren't cap busters but give you enough depth just in case the draft doesn't check all the boxes

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Vato to Washington...gotta be honest...assumed he would be back second wave...that Minter would coach him up...a fan like me makes plans, and Harbaugh/Hortiz laugh...back to the drafting board...smh

Nutty! Where you at? Any room on the Cornerback wagon?

The "Double Mitchell" is looking kinda good right about now...Q in the first, AD in the second...still get a WR...more realistic if we pull down 11 and 23...but Im not holding my breath on that one...

Wait til the second...? Lassiter, Koolaid, Tampa...somebody will be there...follow up with a slot guy like Sainristil or Jarrian Jones...?
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            He isn't going anywhere.
            Meanwhile Bosa cap number in 2025 is 36mil and Chargers save 25mil if they cut or trade him next offseason.

​But, also because Joey has an injury history.

I like that Hortiz said he goes BPA because you never 1 player away and he doesn't want to pass up on good football player to fill need.

#11 BPA (Verse-Edge)
            #23 BPA. (JPJ-OC)

Macks number is basically "dead cap" - his salary is zero so either he will be a free agent or they will find a new contract. The $8.8m was just a way to save money on the 2024 cap and pushing to 2025. Khalil Mack is actually a prime trade candidate this fall

Bosa - like you said - would save $25m if released - he is another prime candidate to be traded this fall if the season goes south. His base salary is $8m --the chargers could actually pay that for a draft pick - like the Broncos bought picks for Von Miller

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

See ya Vato. I think he's past his peak, but who knows for sure. No need for a thread for his departure.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

He isn't going anywhere.

But, also because Joey has an injury history.

#11 BPA (Verse-Edge)
                #23 BPA. (JPJ-OC)

I agree about taking Verse there being a good idea. It is how you build and sustain a roster, Raven style.Joey/Khalil is a reasonable comp, which I am sure is what you are additionally thinking.
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Vato to Washington...gotta be honest...assumed he would be back second wave...that Minter would coach him up...a fan like me makes plans, and Harbaugh/Hortiz laugh...back to the drafting board...smh

Nutty! Where you at? Any room on the Cornerback wagon?

The "Double Mitchell" is looking kinda good right about now...Q in the first, AD in the second...still get a WR...more realistic if we pull down 11 and 23...but Im not holding my breath on that one...

Wait til the second...? Lassiter, Koolaid, Tampa...somebody will be there...follow up with a slot guy like Sainristil or Jarrian Jones...?
                  Renardo Green CB, FSU. Best press corner in college last year that no one is talking about. You would have to get him in the 2nd.

Renardo Green | Cornerback | Florida State | 2023 Highlights | 2024 NFL Draft (youtube.com)
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

I responded to a post with my hope it would help some people. If you didn’t want or need it, it wasn’t for you. I looked at the clock as soon as I send the post, because I knew it was late. It was 11:11. That is not insignificant to me and no coincidence IMHO.

Glad you got your vision back. I have an appointment with a civilian ophthalmologist on the 27th. It’s fixable. Doctors could not cure my major problems. Had been trying to get an appt with a Navy ophthalmologist for awhile to no avail.

I am no different than anybody else. If you ever had the suicide disease, along with other significantly-painful diseases, you would have looked for answers, too. My sole intent was to share what worked for ME. It’s not the only way - same as constructing a roster.

My ego says hi to yours.

I didnt criticize it, I said its not for me. But I wanted to drop info on my cataracts experience, my point was only to explore the options in cataract surgery. You can post anything you want. Best of luck in your pursuit.

I'm sorry you suffered what you have defined as "suicide disease", and I'm glad you found something that works for you.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

If trading down and taking Verse I think Joey is on his way to a new team. Verse and Tuli will play a lot.
                      If keeping Joey and he gets hurt again we wasted his value. May not currently have the value we think with that number Critty just posted + injuries.
                      Would be very happy with this move and another edge late in a draft where O Line and Edge are priority.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Macks number is basically "dead cap" - his salary is zero so either he will be a free agent or they will find a new contract. The $8.8m was just a way to save money on the 2024 cap and pushing to 2025. Khalil Mack is actually a prime trade candidate this fall

Bosa - like you said - would save $25m if released - he is another prime candidate to be traded this fall if the season goes south. His base salary is $8m --the chargers could actually pay that for a draft pick - like the Broncos bought picks for Von Miller
                        They won't trade our best edge defender in the midst of the playoff run
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

He isn't going anywhere.

​But, also because Joey has an injury history.

#11 BPA (Verse-Edge)
                          #23 BPA. (JPJ-OC)

A trade back with Minnesota that results in us getting Fuaga at #11 and one of the three pass-rushers (Latu, Verse, Turner) at #23 would be amazing. I recognize that Verse and Turner are expected to go before #23, but there are always surprises in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                          X