• Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    My current favorite plausible trade option is with ATL.

#5 for #9, #74 & #79.
    Why would ATL want to move up?

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

Hortiz said the LSU Wide Receiver is the best WR he has EVER scouted. We'll be in a position to find out if it's true.
      -------------------------------
      This may have been just a rumor.

But, I think he does take a WR at #5, unless bowled over by an offer he can't refuse.
      It’s tough to ignore the siren song of a true speed receiver like Nabers. Hortiz is a BPA guy, Harbaugh is line guy. Who wins that discussion?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

You might be right. I mean GB does it every year, never drafts a WR in the 1st and they have some playmakers up there now. Watkins, Reed, Doubs, Musgrave and Kraft.

If they somehow got 11 and 23. If Bowers is there, I think they take him at 11 and JPJ at 23 if he’s there. That’s is they don’t bring a C in via FA. Maybe they trade back from 23 to the late 20s or early 2nd and accumulate more picks. Roman Wilson fits the bill as does Malachi Corley, but I think they should also bring in a vet like Donovan Peoples Jones as well.

This is a very exciting offseason and I can’t wait to see what happens in the next 40 days leading up to the draft and especially the draft.
          Bowers/JPJ is a sweet combo.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post
            If I was Justin Herbert, I would be looking for a way to get out of my contract or force a trade. He now has ZERO quality receivers: no quality WRs, no quality receiving TEs, no receiving RBs. I can understand Harbaugh wanting to improve the running game, but not by destroying the passing game. Herbert cannot throw to himself. Trading Allen for a 4th round pick is a terrible deal and makes the team much, much worse.
            LOL, the Mack and Bosa moves barely moved the needle, they barely accounted for the very necessary (blame TT) low level signings to fill out the shit roster left over in the regime change, plus those moves provided a bit towards the signing draft picks etc, the MW was strictly to become compliant, WTF did you expect them to do with the hand they were dealt?

So that brings us to the KA move, that 22 mil or whatever it is, that money is the spending money needed to fill the starting veteran center position (Bozeman, Cole, or Allen) so that Herbert doesn't have to deal with a rookie starting at center...the rest of the 22mil will continue to go into lower level free agency to fill more and more holes, maybe another linebacker, maybe even to bring back Mike Williams...

So the Chargers were cap compliant post cutting MW, then they cleared enough money to cover their signings and keeping Gillman, then they still needed more money to make further additions to the roster unless you thought that everything could be filled in the draft? Allen saw how much cap went up and all of a sudden he wasn't as interested in retiring a charger after all, they approached him with several different scenarios and he turned them all down...

If you want to vent about the fucked up situation look at the 30 plus million in dead cap that Hortiz and Harbaugh inherited and how much that has affected their ability to navigate this offseason...

and one more thing, with all the rave reviews that the WRs at the top of the draft are getting combined with a top 5 pick, when was the last time that the team was better poised to replace Keenan in the draft?
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

They could have paid the roster bonus and had enough to cover the draft picks and practice squad guys plus some left over. There are likely other cuts coming as well.

I'm convinced the Vikings are preparing to move up to #5 with their recent trade. They probably have a deal or working on a handshake deal with the Chargers that if their guy is there, they will pull trigger. I don't think the Cards #4 pick is their target because the Cards need a WR and they already have a boat load of picks. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. It seems strange that the Chargers just made a lot of cap space quick. It just seems like they are making space for a pickup. If they do nothing more than sign draft picks, a few more FA's, and practice squad guys they are going to have a ton of cap space left. I doubt they are going to leave that much cap space to roll over to next year.
              they will be signing a veteran starting center, just so happens that several "released" ones are available which doesn't negate that comp pick formula...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                WTF do Chargers keep signing Stick who has shown NOTHING??????
                any backup QB option out there would have literally cost the chargers one of their 6th round compensatory picks that they are getting next year...or to leave those intact they would've had to trade for a backup or spend draft capital to acquire a rookie backup...

Stick is a great re-sign because he's close to Herbert, they are friends, I know that sounds stupid but it's important to our Franchise QB, BUT it's a good resign because it's literally the only way to avoid spending zero draft capital while filling that hole at backup QB...

also, on a side not, Stick is actually a really good fit for the type of offense that the chargers are installing...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Good fit for Roman’s previous schemes, relationship with Herbert is probably key, probably didn’t cost that much to keep, and he’s a great Tank Commander 🫡
                  "and he's a great tank commander" ? what does that mean?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Again this is false. Before the Allen trade we had about $29M in cap space. That's plenty for the draft, any in season moves and low level FAs,
                    which so far that's what we've accomplished.

EDIT: Before the Allen trade we would have had about $20M in cap space. Still good enough.
                    we saved about 22mil with the Keenan trade and our cap is sitting at 28 mil, so something is wrong with your math, pre KA trade we were at about 6mil in spendable money, WTF are they supposed to do with 6mil? the team still has a shit load of holes to fill, again, if folks want to be mad, be fucking mad at TT, 30mil plus in dead cap and 4 of the biggest cap hits in the NFL this offseason, again, WTF were Hortiz and Harbaugh supposed to do, pull cap money out of their bungholes?!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

We don't need a lot of players. What we need is a lot of starters. We have more than a full roster right now.
                      LOL, no starting CBs, no Starting LBs, no starting Center, no starting DT, etc...yeah, we don't need players anyway, plus let's not forget that they are in a fantastic position to replace Keenan with a player that will cost a fraction of what Keenan was making for the next four years minimum, tons of nice receivers in this draft, TONS all the way from the 1st round to the 7th round there are guys worth drafting at receiver...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I think this is probably the way we go now. I really wanted Bowers, but Nabers could be special.
                        in this draft there are some guys that'll be available in rounds 3-5 that could end up being special too...we are seeing one of the best volume classes of receivers in NFL Draft history this year in part because of the extra covid year eligibility but also because the passing game has become so prominent that great WRs are not as rare as they once were...more and more kids are getting the opportunity to not only showcase their skills at WR but also to have all the reps that they get now in college, so many kids coming into the league nowadays are already polished route runners etc...that hasn't always been the case...

I'm predicting that in the next half decade the WR position is going to become depreciated in the NFL and the RB position will make a comeback as a higher draft choice option...these insane WR salaries are not going to last...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

People forget. They would have the #11 pick. Bo Nix, Penix would be there. They could also take a shot at Fields. They wouldn't just get #11 and #23. They
                          would likely get next years 1st as well and more. They need much than just a QB. They could potentially rebuild that offense with one move. The consensus
                          is that NE will take a QB. But they don't make that move unless they are sure to get the franchise QB they want @3.

The Giants best move would be a trade with Arizona. Both win in that case. The Giants get a QB. Arizona @6 still gets one of the three top WRs.
                          The issue is that the Vikings are in love with Drake Maye, they've not kept it a secret, they think he's the next Herbert or Lawrence two QBs that have at times been compared to each other...Maye is not being looked at by Chicago or by NE whom has been rumored to be in love with McCarthy...

so in theory and as stupid as this may sound, Maye might be available at #5, I've already gone on record here by saying that IMO Maye is the best QB in this draft, and I have McCarthy as a very close 3rd to Caleb's #2, the truth is the anyone of these guys would be #1 overall pick in a lot of drafts, but they are all here at once so you have to rank them as you see them...

so if the Bears take Williams...

the Commanders are rumored to like Daniels...

so that leaves NE to choose between McCarthy and Maye, and if rumors are true they think McCarthy is the second coming of Tom Brady...

the Cardinals have no reason to trade down, they don't need draft capital but they also don't need a QB, so they are in position to stick and pick the best non QB player on their board...

which brings us to the Chargers at five, I predicted this when we first found out that the chargers were picking 5th, I predicted that they would trade down with the Vikings and now it looks like it all the dominos are falling into place, not the QB that they covet (Maye) might be available at five but also the Chargers are interested in adding more picks to replenish the fucked up roster...

if the Chargers get the 11th pick and the 23rd pick from the Vikings, JPJ becomes a possibility at 23 depending on what type of deal they give their new veteran starting center in the next few days...the most likely ting that will happen is bowers or the best WR left at 11 and the best corner available at 23...

Comment

Working...
                          X