• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Not saying we trade the pick but you have to look at all possibilities. It's all relative. The Rams and 49ers surely look at all possibilities to pretty good results. You can't say there's zero chance we trade for him when we just don't know! I'll agree with you that the odds are they won't however If the Vikings offered JJ and their first round pick for our 5 you would have to regard it, not saying you have to pull the trigger, but you have to be very open minded and carefully think it through. Ultimately I'll trust what actually happens and what our HC and GM want to do. People on here get their panties in a bunch just discussing ideas when it doesn't go along with what they want to happen or the way they see it!

Who wants an expensive problem child? The best you could do is a one year rental and a franchise TAG next year.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

The Chargers now have $28,216,835 in cap space, the 10th most in the league. What are they going to do with it?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        The Chargers now have $28,216,835 in cap space, the 10th most in the league. What are they going to do with it?
        It will go up once Bosa's contract update is applied. That should be another $10-12m per Popper

Interesting to see what they do with it as Hortiz has two comp picks all lined up - ready to go

So that might mean signing OBJ or Renfrow over say Taj Boyd

Might mean waiting to sign Zeitler until post draft - Devlin did coach Zeitler - Ravens have done this a few years - get a guy to wait for them

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          For one thing, don't blow it all on one player...like I said earlier, Trader Joe's style is to sign a lot of FA's at team-friendly deals...I think that's what he will do...

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I was surprised about Allen and Bosa. But after seeing Bosa said yes and Allen said no. Joe Hortiz then made the necessary moves.

Right after the Allen trade I assumed that meant WR with pick #5 , but after seeing the long list of vet WR still available...... And knowing that Harbaugh and Hortiz want to build a tough physical team. I think #5 pick may still be Alt or Verse.

And maybe Verse makes most sense considering Bosa injury history and possibly moving on from Bosa or Mack next year.

If Vikings were willing to give up #11 and #23 for pick#5, that would be amazing deal for Joe. It's 1900 pts for 1700 so not that far off if Vikings want to move up pay the cost. Bolts could add #110 they just got for Allen. Then it's a only about 100pts difference for Vikings to get their guy.

#11 & #23 for #5 & #110.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              I was surprised about Allen and Bosa. But after seeing Bosa said yes and Allen said no. Joe Hortiz then made the necessary moves.

Right after the Allen trade I assumed that meant WR with pick #5 , but after seeing the long list of vet WR still available...... And knowing that Harbaugh and Hortiz want to build a tough physical team. I think #5 pick may still be Alt or Verse.

And maybe Verse makes most sense considering Bosa injury history and possibly moving on from Bosa or Mack next year.

If Vikings were willing to give up #11 and #23 for pick#5, that would be amazing deal for Joe. It's 1900 pts for 1700 so not that far off if Vikings want to move up pay the cost. Bolts could add #110 they just got for Allen. Then it's a only about 100pts difference for Vikings to get their guy.

#11 & #23 for #5 & #110.

I see them moving up to #3 or #4 with two first rounders. Why worry about us?
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Not saying we trade the pick but you have to look at all possibilities. It's all relative. The Rams and 49ers surely look at all possibilities to pretty good results. You can't say there's zero chance we trade for him when we just don't know! I'll agree with you that the odds are they won't however If the Vikings offered JJ and their first round pick for our 5 you would have to regard it, not saying you have to pull the trigger, but you have to be very open minded and carefully think it through. Ultimately I'll trust what actually happens and what our HC and GM want to do. People on here get their panties in a bunch just discussing ideas when it doesn't go along with what they want to happen or the way they see it!

If the Vikings did offer that deal - of course you listen. But they are not going to offer that deal. They will want two first round draft picks - not a pick swap of 6 places in the draft. They made the trade with Houston to get a second FRP to go up to Washington or NE to get a top 6 pick to take QB so they can put the QB with Justin Jefferson and Addison

I am good with Odunze or Nabers and not Jefferson - plus cap space.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

#11 & #23 for #5 & #110.

#11 & #23 + a 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder for #5 .......Vikes want a QB bad! and that is a big jump... take advantage of it! =)

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Troy Dye is signing with the Chargers. LBer/ST with the Vikings.

Ian Rapoport on X: "#Vikings LB and special teamer Troy Dye is signing with the #Chargers on a 1-year deal, source said. MIN wanted him back, but Dye will have a chance to play more of a role on defense in LA." / X (twitter.com)
                    Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                    REC: 10
                    YARDS: 133
                    TDS: 3

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

For one thing, don't blow it all on one player...like I said earlier, Trader Joe's style is to sign a lot of FA's at team-friendly deals...I think that's what he will do...
                      Might not spend some of it until post draft. They signed Troy Dye to play LB and ST today. They need to get a Center and maybe WR

But after that, time for the draft to see what they have - and than post draft, fill in the around the edges

Do not want to sign too many free agents as the draft is there to fill in the roster.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Might not spend some of it until post draft. They signed Troy Dye to play LB and ST today. They need to get a Center and maybe WR

But after that, time for the draft to see what they have - and than post draft, fill in the around the edges

Do not want to sign too many free agents as the draft is there to fill in the roster.
                        Dye is a great signing. Better than people realize. He will have more of a chance with the Chargers.
                        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                        REC: 10
                        YARDS: 133
                        TDS: 3

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

#11 & #23 + a 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder for #5 .......Vikes want a QB bad! and that is a big jump... take advantage of it! =)
                          I would probably take that

Comment

Working...
                          X