• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

QB Herbert, Joe Milton
    RB Gus Edwards, Spiller, Dotson, Miyan Williams, Keilan Robinson, Daijun Edwards (Daijun Edwards 2020 Film - All Carries (youtube.com)
    WR Keenan, Palmer, QJ, Derrius Davis, Luke McCaffrey
    TE Everett, Vannett, Will Dissly, Parham, Ben Sinnott
    OT Rashawn, Pips, Sarell, Tylan Grable
    OG Zion, Jamaree, McFadden, Trente Jones
    OC Connor Williams, Sedrick Van Pran Granger

NT Ogbonnia, Hinton, Jerrod Clark, T'Vondre Sweat
    DT Matlock, Okoye, A'Shawn Robinson
    DE Tuipulotu, Morgan Fox
    ED Rumph
    LB Niemann, Henley, Cedric Gray, Jordan Magee, Eric Gentry
    SS Derwin, Alohi, Finley
    FS JT Woods, Cole Bishop
    CB Asante, Ja'Sir, Deane Leonard, Essang Bassey, Mike D.

PK Dicker
    PT Scott
    LS Harris

obviously not gonna pan out like the above, and just wanted to slap somethin' up there, as it feels good to have a power back and blocking TE on board, as well as having Alohi back in the mix

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      There's a whole lotta Roquan Smith in Devin White.
      Didn't have the best year in Tampa
      Pretty solid his first four years in the league I believe
      might be a good buy low type candidate - well one year deal
      Probably would cost close to Murray

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
        With the three signings we are about $30M over the cap. Cutting Williams and redo of Allen will not cut it. Mack is gone. Can't trade him as teams know he's
        being released. No choice there. Bosa is also likely gone, but not necessarily this week.

With Murray signing with the Titans we currently would get a 5th or 6th round comp pick. That still leaves Everett and host of backups. Davis the wild card.
        But he played so bad, any team that needs a CB will wait until the draft and after May 1st.
        Chargers have to move another $50m or closer more to start the year if you include paying draft picks, injury reserve and signing a couple more players like Center, Back Up QB, IDL or LB in free agency
        Allen could be worth around $15m with an extension
        Bosa would add $22m with a June 1 release
        MW is $20m

So that is 57m right there and haven't touched Mack

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          QB Herbert, Joe Milton
          RB Gus Edwards, Spiller, Dotson, Miyan Williams, Keilan Robinson, Daijun Edwards (Daijun Edwards 2020 Film - All Carries (youtube.com)
          WR Keenan, Palmer, QJ, Derrius Davis, Luke McCaffrey
          TE Everett, Vannett, Will Dissly, Parham, Ben Sinnott
          OT Rashawn, Pips, Sarell, Tylan Grable
          OG Zion, Jamaree, McFadden, Trente Jones
          OC Connor Williams, Sedrick Van Pran Granger

NT Ogbonnia, Hinton, Jerrod Clark, T'Vondre Sweat
          DT Matlock, Okoye, A'Shawn Robinson
          DE Tuipulotu, Morgan Fox
          ED Rumph
          LB Niemann, Henley, Cedric Gray, Jordan Magee, Eric Gentry
          SS Derwin, Alohi, Finley
          FS JT Woods, Cole Bishop
          CB Asante, Ja'Sir, Deane Leonard, Essang Bassey, Mike D.

PK Dicker
          PT Scott
          LS Harris

obviously not gonna pan out like the above, and just wanted to slap somethin' up there, as it feels good to have a power back and blocking TE on board, as well as having Alohi back in the mix
          Who’s your 1st round pick?!?? McCaffrey or Milton?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes, the Staley d made him sick. Should be fine now
            Staley was like cancer. He really did make good players play bad, due to his stubborn, ineffective schemes, and other reasons. And many of us went through the 5 stages of Staley Charger Cancer Grief:

1. Denial - "No, Staley is NOT the problem! It's the players!"
            2. Anger - "Now, I am REALLY getting mad, because the problem MUST be the players, or poor drafting...but it just CAN'T be Staley's fault! He led the Number 1 defense with the Rams a few years ago! It just CAN'T be him!"
            3. Bargaining - "If only we had better players, we would start winning. If only we have a better OC--that MUST be the problem! (Lombo fired, Moore comes in, problem remains)...
            4. Depression - "Now I'm depressed, because Staley MIGHT be a small part of the problem. Maybe he's not as smart as I thought he was. But we keep losing...it MUST be either the players, drafting, assistant coaches, the GM, SOMETHING..."
            5. Acceptance - "Okay, I now realize Staley is the main problem. FIRE HIM! And he can take TT with him!"

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldnt sign Queen. Edggerin Cooper is a Queen comp in the draft but bigger potentual & much cheaper IMV. Hopefully if we get extra picks, maybe we can get both Cooper and Colson, but id be happy with just Colson.
              Need something to happen with our big 4 today. I still expect Keenan to stay....so big three.
              I agree with this and I always thought that Keenan should stay but who knows what they decide to do. As far as Queen goes Hortiz would know more about him and if they sign him or not I'm ok with. If they sign him, I still think Colson is still in their plans but again who knows.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chargers have to move another $50m or closer more to start the year if you include paying draft picks, injury reserve and signing a couple more players like Center, Back Up QB, IDL or LB in free agency
                Allen could be worth around $15m with an extension
                Bosa would add $22m with a June 1 release
                MW is $20m

So that is 57m right there and haven't touched Mack
                We have to be under the cap by Wednesday. We are currently about $30M over. There is no way to do that without releasing Mack.
                June 1st release for Bosa is OK, but we won't get there unless Mack is released. Otherwise we have to find a lot of other players to
                release such as Fox, etc. It's not happening.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I agree with this and I always thought that Keenan should stay but who knows what they decide to do. As far as Queen goes Hortiz would know more about him and if they sign him or not I'm ok with. If they sign him, I still think Colson is still in their plans but again who knows.
                  Queen went to the Steelers - 3/41m

And we continue to wait....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

We have to be under the cap by Wednesday. We are currently about $30M over. There is no way to do that without releasing Mack.
                    June 1st release for Bosa is OK, but we won't get there unless Mack is released. Otherwise we have to find a lot of other players to
                    release such as Fox, etc. It's not happening.
                    Good point about Wednesday but they can extend Allen and release Mike Williams and that would clear the bar to be cap compliant and sign Gus, Dissly and Gilman

At that point, they can than announce Joey Bosa as a June 1 cut - immediately get 14.6 of cap space and on June 1, they would get more.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good point about Wednesday but they can extend Allen and release Mike Williams and that would clear the bar to be cap compliant and sign Gus, Dissly and Gilman

At that point, they can than announce Joey Bosa as a June 1 cut - immediately get 14.6 of cap space and on June 1, they would get more.
                      Williams would save $20M against the cap. Not clear on the next $10M or more that we would have clear just to be cap compliant by Wed.
                      That would represent a pretty hefty pay cut for Allen. Looks doubtful to me. But who knows our cap guy has been pretty good at managing these
                      things. There maybe other cuts just to get past Wednesday.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldnt sign Queen. Edggerin Cooper is a Queen comp in the draft but bigger potentual & much cheaper IMV. Hopefully if we get extra picks, maybe we can get both Cooper and Colson, but id be happy with just Colson.
                        Need something to happen with our big 4 today. I still expect Keenan to stay....so big three.
                        makes sense..... we need to get the trades done and KA extended....but maybe hang up is KA still wants huge money?

hopefully we have trade offers for the 3 others.....and we are just waiting to see if those can be improved?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Williams would save $20M against the cap. Not clear on the next $10M or more that we would have clear just to be cap compliant by Wed.
                          That would represent a pretty hefty pay cut for Allen. Looks doubtful to me. But who knows our cap guy has been pretty good at managing these
                          things. There maybe other cuts just to get past Wednesday.
                          Allen is currently set to get a roster bonus of $5m and a yearly salary of $18.1. so $23.1 (but nothing guaranteed)

If Allen is extended - it would be something like this, $18-20m signing bonus - spread over three years - plus the minimum salary, saving about $15m on the cap
                          2024: cap hit of $7-8m saving $15m; If they spread the signing bonus over two years, would be cap savings of 12m
                          So between Williams and Allen, they would be cap compliant

Where it gets tricky is if they teams that want to trade for players --so than they might have to release a player, or extend two players to get cap compliant to trade a player or two

Comment

Working...
                          X