• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Oh hell yes! I said earlier I would take a pick swap in 2025 if that was the best offer.
    I'd rather have those picks THIS year, but...if next year's 3rd and 4th is the best offer, I do that deal also...the Cheatriots aren't going to turn things around any time soon, so their picks should be pretty high...I'd rather do a straight up deal without the swap, though...

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

With the three signings we are about $30M over the cap. Cutting Williams and redo of Allen will not cut it. Mack is gone. Can't trade him as teams know he's
      being released. No choice there. Bosa is also likely gone, but not necessarily this week.

With Murray signing with the Titans we currently would get a 5th or 6th round comp pick. That still leaves Everett and host of backups. Davis the wild card.
      But he played so bad, any team that needs a CB will wait until the draft and after May 1st.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Patrick Queen is still available. He won't be cheap. He could be in play once the big 4 are done. Hunter DE is also available and could be a pick up as well but he is going to be really expensive.
        I wouldnt sign Queen. Edggerin Cooper is a Queen comp in the draft but bigger potentual & much cheaper IMV. Hopefully if we get extra picks, maybe we can get both Cooper and Colson, but id be happy with just Colson.
        Need something to happen with our big 4 today. I still expect Keenan to stay....so big three.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

There's a whole lotta Roquan Smith in Devin White.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
            With Murray signing with the Titans we currently would get a 5th or 6th round comp pick.
            The comp pick for Murray signing with the Titans will be in 2025, and it will likely be a 7th rounder.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              There is a reason the Ravens didnt pick up Queens 5th year, traded for Roquon, and then let Queen hit the market...

Still, he may come cheap, and we arent spoiled for choice...unless Jim is eying a reunion with Junior Colson...
              Yeah strange. He didnt miss any games but something about him they must feel isnt a fit which is why you wouldnt pick up the option.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd rather have those picks THIS year, but...if next year's 3rd and 4th is the best offer, I do that deal also...the Cheatriots aren't going to turn things around any time soon, so their picks should be pretty high...I'd rather do a straight up deal without the swap, though...
                Well for sure. But 24 hours to go until the team needs to be cap compliant

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  The comp pick for Murray signing with the Titans will be in 2025, and it will likely be a 7th rounder.
                  We know it's for 2025. As it currently stands we would get a 5th rounder for Murray IF the contract numbers are correct
                  and the rest of FA plays out to our advantage.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Is Woods over the medical condition that held him out last year?
                    Nobody knows what that was lol. Good chance Woods gets cut after being camp fodder.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

We know it's for 2025. As it currently stands we would get a 5th rounder for Murray IF the contract numbers are correct
                      and the rest of FA plays out to our advantage.
                      Yes, it will take a lot of contracts to get higher than his AAV of $8m to drop to a 7th
                      Chargers might even pick up another comp pick if Davis or Everett sign for what Ekeler got

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

There's still time for Bosa or Mack to be traded, could be they are just waiting to see if any team trumps the best offer now available. Really hope they find a way to keep Mack. Believe Allen is staying put.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Is Woods over the medical condition that held him out last year?
                          Yes, the Staley d made him sick. Should be fine now

Comment

Working...
                          X