• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhilaBoltster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just listening. I mean if a team offers a first, you have to listen.
    You won’t have to worry about that.

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Trade to cut difference is thatvwe still pay dead money for the rest of the contract but we can get draft picks or is there anything else?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Put em up.
        Put em up.

Hortiz said he would get run out of town.

Just think of the flexibility in roster building.
        Good one...thanks for the memories!

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I see no world where Bosa consider a true pay cut. He's in it to earn . . . . . . . . . . .
          agree, but i could see him making some type of friendly deal for the 49ers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

You won’t have to worry about that.
            Maybe not. But If you are listening on a player you don't want to trade, what makes you listen? A 3rd?

Id rather keep Keenan over a 3rd..Maybe a players name is involved with a 3rd. That's what the listening is for.

Again, he can just retire like he mentioned if he isn't a Charger. But sure, listen to offers.

Hec id listen to offers in anyone except Slater and Herbert. Even Derwin if there is a good offer to kick around. Come to me with a 4th for Derwin....keep walking.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Maybe not. But If you are listening on a player you don't want to trade, what makes you listen? A 3rd?

Id rather keep Keenan over a 3rd. Again, he can just retire like he mentioned if he isn't a Charger. But sure, listen to offers.

Hec id listen to offers in anyone except Slater and Herbert. Even Derwin if there is a good offer to kick around. Come to me with a 4th for Derwin....keep walking.
              Are you telling me, let's say we drafted Nabers or MHJ at 5 to replace Allen you wouldn't take a 3rd for Allen if they used that pick to draft Jaylen Wright?!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Are you telling me, let's say we drafted Nabers or MHJ at 5 to replace Allen you wouldn't take a 3rd for Allen if they used that pick to draft Jaylen Wright?!
                Is Nabers going to be to Herbert what Keenan is? Nabers isn't the route runner Keenan is. Is he going to be his new 3rd down go to guy?

​ Nabers or MHJ WITH Keenan,...now that's different. Nabers with QJ or Palmer? I'm not sure I'd draft Nabers over Odunze to be honest. That's a toughy. If we lose Keenan , might draft Odunze.

With Keenan id draft Bowers over all three.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Last year, Barkley earned $8 mil. And I think he's looking for a big payday for his next deal. He's only 27, so still in his prime. Wilkins is 28, so also still in his prime. Last year, he made $10 mil. Both of these guys will be looking for a BIG BANK multi-year deal, with a HEFTY signing bonus. I'd be surprised if either one signs with us. Hortiz/DeCosta tended to sign smaller FA deals, and a lot of one-year "prove-it" contracts. Not a good idea to unload players with expensive contracts, only to take on newer, multi-year cap-crippling deals...
                  I agree - I don't think its going to happen. And truthfully, not sure I want it to happen this year. Just saying that could be the rationale from JH2. If spending big money... spend it on players that might not be declining or decline as soon

But truthfully, I am good with lower cost free agents, build up some depth, don't get crazy with cap deals that can go awry and leave you in a bad place like JCJ and maybe next year, when they have a year with the roster, better assess needs

I think come Wednesda
                  Allen - they will figure out a new contract. Something like what Evans go

Mack - I think traded

MW - released

Bosa - June 1 release as no trade

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Is Nabers going to be to Herbert what Keenan is? Nabers isn't the route runner Keenan is. Is he going to be his new 3rd down go to guy?

Nabers or MHJ WITH Keenan,...now that's different. Nabers with QJ or Palmer? I'm not sure I'd draft Nabers over Odunze to be honest. That's a toughy. If we lose Keenan , might draft Odunze.

With Keenan id draft Bowers over all three.
                    I am not sure I make the decision on 5 based on Allen. If Nabers is the better player or Odunze - I take Nabers at 5

There skillsets are different enough that both can still have positives added for the offense - meaning Allen and the rookie WR

Granted, still prefer a trade down to 8 or 11 and still get Bowers!

Comment

• Icebolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      I always figured that the Chargers were going to try and trade Mack... considering the big year he just had and his current contract. But I'm surprised to hear that Joey Bosa may be getting some interest also. I thought his injuries might scare teams away... and I'm not interested in selling low (getting a 4th rounder or less).

So the big question for me is... can the Chargers still be good on defense if they trade both players?

I've been researching Minter's defensive schemes for the last couple of weeks. I've come to the conclusion... yes.
                      It has less to do with Bosa/Mack and more to do with Minter's philosophy. He uses his OLB's in pass coverage a lot more than I realized. And he generates his pass rush from his IDL's. He also likes to bring blitzes from various spots (LB's and DB's).

A guy that I think needs more attention is Michigan's OLB Jaylen Harrell. Neither one of these clips show his coverage skills (you would have to access full game tapes for that)... but they do show that he has some pass rush abilities, too.
                      Jaylen Harrell is an edge rusher prospect in the upcoming NFL Draft who played for the Michigan Wolverines. He was a participant in the Reese's Senior Bowl w...

00:00:00 - Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, 11/27/202100:00:17 - Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Michigan Wolverines, 12/04/202100:00:36 - Michigan Wolverines ...
                      HA, HA, Chagers were not good on Defense. What are we really giving up?

Comment

• Icebolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why does everyone want to get rid of Allen and Mack? Basically our best players outside of Herbert. Mind boggling really. Out with the old and in with the new old?
                        Very simple.
                        NOW, KA and Mack are awesome but Charger need 2 things. Picks to build up the team as I mentioned below AND Cap Space so that they can sign temporary starters and draft picks. They are both in their 30's and expensive! They were not a good team with them last year. How far can they really be without them?
                        Baltimore has valued 2nd tier players ( back-ups just below in quality that starters ) because if starter goes down you have something. Charger never did. Also when those players get up in age they don't want to pay them what they are worth and can then slide in these 2nd tier players and coach them up. It has worked for years. It may take more that one draft to build this up.
                        ONE MORE thing about trading down. A #5 WR will cost around $35 mil. 8th or lower pick are way below that cost. Save $ and add picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

Very simple.
                          NOW, KA and Mack are awesome but Charger need 2 things. Picks to build up the team as I mentioned below AND Cap Space so that they can sign temporary starters and draft picks. They are both in their 30's and expensive! They were not a good team with them last year. How far can they really be without them?
                          Baltimore has valued 2nd tier players ( back-ups just below in quality that starters ) because if starter goes down you have something. Charger never did. Also when those players get up in age they don't want to pay them what they are worth and can then slide in these 2nd tier players and coach them up. It has worked for years. It may take more that one draft to build this up.
                          ONE MORE thing about trading down. A #5 WR will cost around $35 mil. 8th or lower pick are way below that cost. Save $ and add picks.
                          Do I think its going to happen that both Mack and Allen are gone? (For the record, I think Bosa and Williams are gone either way) -- No, I think Allen is back

But if the team can get better -- if JH2 have a plan and execute the plan - see what happens. Again, I think Allen will be back - unless he wants the type of money, or more that Evans got. That is a pretty good comp for Allen. Have always thought an AAV of 16-18m makes sense at this time of his career.

Comment

Working...
                          X