• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

QJ is not going anywhere - in all likelihood.

His cap hit would cost the team money - even a post June 1 trade. Give him another year with better coaching. If after two years -- I think thats a fairer assessment
    We were all disappointed in QJ's play last year, but it's way too early to be throwing in the towel on him. By all accounts he's a good character guy and a hard worker - let's see how he does with a season under his belt and a real coaching staff to help him . . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

QJ is not going anywhere - in all likelihood.

His cap hit would cost the team money - even a post June 1 trade. Give him another year with better coaching. If after two years -- I think thats a fairer assessment
      Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      I feel pretty confident he’ll be a Charger this season solely because of what he did against Harbaugh’s Wolverines in 2022 😅
      But all kidding aside, Harbaugh has a history of working on reclamation projects like QJ. It’s also not worth trading him given his relatively low cap hit. You keep these guys unless they’re lockerroom cancers.
      I like this vid, made during the season before Staley was fired. The message is the Chargers (Moore) where trying to make him into a WR that his physical attributes (height/wingspan) says he should be, and not having him have run routes (slants) that he's actually good at and excelled at in college. Deebo Samuel, for example, had a breakout season after Shanahan learned how to use him. So, yeah, he could look like a totally different WR in a Harbaugh/Roman offense.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

I know this - I am ready for some big time shakes-ups

Rip that sucker off and move forward JH2
        It's coming - very soon . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

If Bosa takes a pay cut - thats fine. Joey Bosa is not worth $22m unless he is heavily incentivised. You keep mentioning restructuring, that just pushes the pain. Bosa should have to prove it on the field

$10m salary
          incentives for playing
          incentives for producting
          even than, the injury concern is real
          I see no world where Bosa consider a true pay cut. He's in it to earn . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

…wait for it…

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I see no world where Bosa consider a true pay cut. He's in it to earn . . . . . . . . . . .
              And Bosa doesn't need to take a pay cut. If he is released he can go play in San Fran with his brother for the league minimum

My response to BoltNut was regardless what happens with Mack -- Bosa is not worth pushing cap for.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Makes one wonder if Allen will even be back

JH2 are listening on offers - they might just want to shake things up big time

Out with these four - in with Barkley and Wilkins

Anybody trade basically Allen and Mack for Barkley and Wilkins

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Get every draft pick you could get in the top 5 rounds possible, for MW, Allen, Bosa, Mack! Sorry these players had their run here! Time to bring in new players! It's a new day!
                  ​

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Why does everyone want to get rid of Allen and Mack? Basically our best players outside of Herbert. Mind boggling really. Out with the old and in with the new old?
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Wow…that would be remarkable. Would it make a better team, I dunno. But, wow. Audacious.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

If Bosa takes a pay cut - thats fine. Joey Bosa is not worth $22m unless he is heavily incentivised. You keep mentioning restructuring, that just pushes the pain. Bosa should have to prove it on the field

$10m salary
                        incentives for playing
                        incentives for producting
                        even than, the injury concern is real
                        Joey Bosa (nor his agent) are taking a paycut. He got signed to a contract based on what the team thought he was worth in the future. This coming year, the new regime will approach his trade value based on what they think he is worth in the future. It will do them no good to look back at last year's numbers. A sprained ankle, empty bowl of Raisin Bran, or a thrown helmet will not affect that future evaluation. I'm sure they will use some sort of metric/analysis... but I highly doubt the afore mentioned variables will weigh as heavily as the long-term medical reports from team doctors.

Possible elite pressure rate and scheme fit vs. cap savings and possible draft capital.
                        If they cut/trade him... understand that he may be bringing the heat vs you during the season or playoffs.
                        Because that is a possibility as real as games missed due to injury.

I keep mentioning re-structuring under certain circumstances...
                        1) You feel you are not getting fairly compensated in a trade scenario. I'm not getting fleeced. A mere $7m re-structure wisely buys me another year of possible production and probably increases what I get in return via trade next year (if all goes well).
                        2) You feel the player is good enough to finish out the contract AND helps you sign a low-cost FA, rookie draft class, or practice squad players. If the player is good enough, and reaches FA, you could get a 3rd/4th round comp pick for him anyways.
                        OLineCentric

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

I can't see them getting rid of KA. Herbert and KA have such good chemistry, but who knows.
                          Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                          REC: 8
                          YARDS: 89
                          TDS: 2

Comment

Working...
                          X