• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I think the 2 guys I mentioned would be good value to fill some of the roster spots. We need a CB and Safety. They may be able to get and expensive FA but that would depend how far they go under the cap. FYI, I'm not against expensive FA signings if it makes sense. IDL makes sense.
    I do think there will be valued signings. From what I have been reading it will be either the have's or the value guys

Maybe Hortiz should target some "preferred valued guys" early in the process. Guys will want to get paid. Maybe pay them $3m instead of $2m but get the right players for the system

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

My biggest hope are for players that might want to play for this coach, at a decent price. I don’t expect it, but they is a hope players who have made good money, decide to think we can get to a Super Bowl, here.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Any fullbacks in Free Agency? Greg Roman's offences have used a true fullback. Can Lo Neal still play?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

We all love Rolf, I'll never forget the time he walked out to midfield with Big Louie holding his hand, frail but joyful. but go back and look at his stats and its nowhere close to modern kickers. he was a 70% kicker. Maybe footballs were less round and more wobbly back then, idunno, because that was very good in his day.
          I've often thought about this. My childhood/teen memories of him were this amazing clutch kicker. But looking back at the stats, I was shocked to see how well-below the good mark he was. The same is true with Fouts, in some ways. LOVED him way back when. And still do. But his early years and his twilight years weren't great. And those years in the middle had all the excitement and yards, but wow those INTs.

I wonder how many more of our childhood football idols would turn out to be mediocre upon our current inspections of the stats...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Any fullbacks in Free Agency? Greg Roman's offences have used a true fullback. Can Lo Neal still play?
            Not too many FB's out there...

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not too many FB's out there...
              If we are talking draft Sinnott would be a good HB/TE
              Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
              REC: 10
              YARDS: 133
              TDS: 3

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

If we are talking draft Sinnott would be a good HB/TE
                I like the idea of having a dual purpose guy that is primarily a TE, but could play FB on some plays...good as lead blocker on run plays, good in pass pro, can catch and play TE, whether our #1, #2 or #3...don't want to waste another roster spot like we did with Horvath...how often did he play? Maybe 1-2 snaps a game, if that?
                (And special teams don't count...)

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

With J. Smith getting a 2 year up to $10 mil. In a season he had 500+ yards and 4 tds. What about kicking the tires on Noah Fant? He should be cheaper since he had 400+ yards and 0 tds. Fant has never had a QB like Herbert. Another 1 year prove it deal to try and get a comp pick the following year while you build your team through the draft.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    With J. Smith getting a 2 year up to $10 mil. In a season he had 500+ yards and 4 tds. What about kicking the tires on Noah Fant? He should be cheaper since he had 400+ yards and 0 tds. Fant has never had a QB like Herbert. Another 1 year prove it deal to try and get a comp pick the following year while you build your team through the draft.
                    From everything I have read - Fant will get decent money. Probably something like $8-10m AAV. Again, those are just people at like PFF and another site speculating but with Schultz getting an AAV of $12, I think Fant will get more than Smith

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I like the idea of having a dual purpose guy that is primarily a TE, but could play FB on some plays...good as lead blocker on run plays, good in pass pro, can catch and play TE, whether our #1, #2 or #3...don't want to waste another roster spot like we did with Horvath...how often did he play? Maybe 1-2 snaps a game, if that?
                      (And special teams don't count...)
                      Remember the name of Horvath's coach last year ?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

From everything I have read - Fant will get decent money. Probably something like $8-10m AAV. Again, those are just people at like PFF and another site speculating but with Schultz getting an AAV of $12, I think Fant will get more than Smith
                        It’s crazy to think that he would get that considering his stats last year. Less yards and no TDs and he’ll get more. Maybe just because he’s younger and more potential🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                          Let's do this!
                          • Aug 2022
                          • Raleigh N. Carolina
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I've often thought about this. My childhood/teen memories of him were this amazing clutch kicker. But looking back at the stats, I was shocked to see how well-below the good mark he was. The same is true with Fouts, in some ways. LOVED him way back when. And still do. But his early years and his twilight years weren't great. And those years in the middle had all the excitement and yards, but wow those INTs.

I wonder how many more of our childhood football idols would turn out to be mediocre upon our current inspections of the stats...
                          Different eras man, but even as a youngster I knew Rolf wasn't elite. Still loved him anyway..

Kicks for Critters!

I remember a chorus of "feed Rolf to the critters!!" Chant going up in lodge section 4 after a critical miss.

same dude that used to yelll

"LOUUUUUUUUUUIE"

after Keltcher made a tackle

Can you believe they allowed smoking in the stands back then?

Comment

Working...
                          X