• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

the cap going up changes things a bit, he's certainly worth 20 per if Evans is worth 26 per, there is no question about that, I always thought his extension was going to be very short term, maybe adding another year and a voidable year on top, either way it doesn't push too much dead cap into the 2025 and 2026 years and it keeps him around for around 13 mil agains the cap this year with his cap # going over 27 next year and that's if they choose to keep him at around 20 per

I would be surprised if Keenan signs anything longer than that...I think he's getting close to retiring just from hearing him talk the last couple of years...it's really important to him to retire a charger so who knows, maybe he takes a pay cut but why would he? with the salary cap going up the team can easily afford to pay him 20mil per
    Evans only gets the $26 per year if the Bucs win two Super Bowls in a row - other wise its closer to mid 40's for 2 years

I have always thought Allen would get in the 18ish range - maybe that goes up to an AAV of $20

I think Allen will sign something you suggest - gets paid this year and 2025 with 2026 tbd - might have some dead cap in 2026

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      I know we released Kendricks, but still awful quiet in Chargerland, for all the work that needs done...

Hard to sell trades before FA, sadly...but maybe we get lucky. Otherwise, gotta think cut, or one hell of a restructure or extension for somebody, to get us safely into the new league year, and buy us more time to wheel and deal...
      The calm before the storm.
      Williams cut seems inevitable but other than that, anything goes.
      Darius "4.36" Davis
      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

The calm before the storm.
        Williams cut seems inevitable but other than that, anything goes.
        Realistically, the Chargers just need to release Williams before March 13 - if they do not sign anybody else, and they will be cap compliant.

With that, they can use the two day official period to talk to teams, agents - even though that probably really started last week in Indy - to assess trade offers for Bosa and Mack plus get the extension done with Allen. At that time, can truly assess next steps as will know where they are with the cap.

Granted, I too would like to see the news about Mike Williams and the Allen (probable) extension but really, only need to release MW by early next week

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
          We need a total becnhwarmers rebuild.

Only Cameron Dicker is safe (more than safe I would say) from that list:

https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...agency-tracker
          I'm interested in Marlowe, Bassay, Hawkins, Muse, Vannett and a few others that might fit the Harbaugh type.
          These guys might be wanted by Ficken too.
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

They can talk trade at any time...Bears just put a deal in place with the Bills...they just cant execute. FA, however, has tampering rules, as I understand it...
            Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

They can talk trade at any time...Bears just put a deal in place with the Bills...they just cant execute. FA, however, has tampering rules, as I understand it...
              You are right. Probably teams can talk trade - they just can't talk to the players. Meaning the Lions cannot talk directly to Mack
              Good point

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm interested in Marlowe, Bassay, Hawkins, Muse, Vannett and a few others that might fit the Harbaugh type.
                These guys might be wanted by Ficken too.
                I kind of hoping for a bit more turnover on the back end of the roster. Granted, if JH2 deem any of the current free agents aside from Dicker - to be brought back, thats good

But I am looking at seeing a new vision from this new brain trust and what kind of players they bring in

Popper was right about the 28 free agents -- truly how many will be back or need to be back - other than the Kicker named Cameron Dicker
                Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 03-06-2024, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Green in the 2nd?Every mock I do he is in the 6th or 7th.Hmmm...
                    I think he will go day 2 but I'm not a scout so who knows. I know he had a really good Shrine Bowl and impressed a lot of scouts. A press corner is what the Charges need badly and think he is the guy. I have a feeling they are going to take more than 1 CB this draft. The premium for FA CBs is going up and don't think they will get one in FAcy.
                    Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                    REC: 8
                    YARDS: 89
                    TDS: 2

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I think he will go day 2 but I'm not a scout so who knows. I know he had a really good Shrine Bowl and impressed a lot of scouts. A press corner is what the Charges need badly and think he is the guy. I have a feeling they are going to take more than 1 CB this draft. The premium for FA CBs is going up and don't think they will get one in FAcy.
                      2 corners? I know somenutty...er...someBODY...that would like that...

Not a bad year to do it...deep class...but Ill wait and see if they think Davis is salvagable...
                      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

2 corners? I know somenutty...er...someBODY...that would like that...

Not a bad year to do it...deep class...but Ill wait and see if they think Davis is salvagable...
                        Yeah need to see what they think of Davis but either way I can see them taking a corner and another DB plus a safety. Of course that can change depending on what they do in FAncy
                        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                        REC: 8
                        YARDS: 89
                        TDS: 2

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Yeah need to see what they think of Davis but either way I can see them taking a corner and another DB plus a safety. Of course that can change depending on what they do in FAncy
                          Draft a CB at some point, probably. 2 DBs maybe, 3? No.

Currently we have 6 CB, 2 may be FA. 7 S, 3 may be FA. Plus 2 DB signed to futures contracts.
                          Last edited by sonorajim; 03-06-2024, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X