• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Keenan wants to stay so maybe he takes less at 31 yrs old.
    I don't think Evans deal means anything to his extension. He isn't getting 20 per year and he said he don't want to play anywhere else.
    the cap going up changes things a bit, he's certainly worth 20 per if Evans is worth 26 per, there is no question about that, I always thought his extension was going to be very short term, maybe adding another year and a voidable year on top, either way it doesn't push too much dead cap into the 2025 and 2026 years and it keeps him around for around 13 mil agains the cap this year with his cap # going over 27 next year and that's if they choose to keep him at around 20 per

I would be surprised if Keenan signs anything longer than that...I think he's getting close to retiring just from hearing him talk the last couple of years...it's really important to him to retire a charger so who knows, maybe he takes a pay cut but why would he? with the salary cap going up the team can easily afford to pay him 20mil per
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      You know what Low Key Russell Wilson to the Buccaneers if they don’t bring Baker Mayfield back.
      supposedly he's willing to play for vet minimum in 2024 as he'll still get 40 mil from the broncos in 2024, so anything he gets over minimum comes off of the number that Denver owes him and the word is he wants to stick it to the broncos, so now he's looking like a hot commodity for a lot of teams without a QB...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I smell a MW move coming…
        Not sure what they are waiting for.
        No teams will want him. Not even for a 7th Rd pick. Coming off injury age and price all say no deal. Cut is very likey. And it gets them under the cap.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Nick Hardwick was/is a high effort guy. His overwhelming talent is not the reason became an NFL Pro Bowl center. He was a walk-on at Purdue. He worked harder than most, and I think he will bring that to his coaching career.

Agree!.... Hardwick was a Harbaugh type of player!.... like Hank Bower, and many others.....
          the greatest coaches in HFL history prefered men who were willing to work crazy hard and pay the price... thats why some guys who test awesoe at combine, suck at actually playing in NFL....

The way he played will probably make him an amazinfg coach!

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

supposedly he's willing to play for vet minimum in 2024 as he'll still get 40 mil from the broncos in 2024, so anything he gets over minimum comes off of the number that Denver owes him and the word is he wants to stick it to the broncos, so now he's looking like a hot commodity for a lot of teams without a QB...
            he is because DEN has toi pay the difference..... so Wilson could sign with anyone for MIN such as Raiders, MIA, ATL, MIN, CHI, NE, ....etc.....

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

This looks like the Raiders.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Minter recently reiterated the "build it from the inside out" mantra.
                Harbaugh and Hortiz says we will compete for post season excellence right away.
                This has me thinking there are a bunch of haircuts coming.
                We keep everyone.
                It has me looking with a magnifying glass at JPJ and Sweat...oh, there they are.
                I still sense Colson @ #69 to manage the defense.
                No penalty for guessing is there ?

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he is because DEN has toi pay the difference..... so Wilson could sign with anyone for MIN such as Raiders, MIA, ATL, MIN, CHI, NE, ....etc.....
                  I think he ends up in Tampa, they are negotiating with Mayfield but how in the heck does Baker's camp beat vet minimum? Tampa has a decent team and they are still solving some of their cap issues so it makes sense for him to go there, two legit WRs and a solid O-line...I think he ends up with the buccaneers...

plus Tampa stands to get a comp for Baker when he signs with someone else...

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Minter recently reiterated the "build it from the inside out" mantra.
                    Harbaugh and Hortiz says we will compete for post season excellence right away.
                    This has me thinking there are a bunch of haircuts coming.
                    We keep everyone.
                    It has me looking with a magnifying glass at JPJ and Sweat...oh, there they are.
                    I still sense Colson @ #69 to manage the defense.
                    No penalty for guessing is there ?
                    If they can get him #69 hell yeah. I have them taking both Martin and Colson in the 2nd. I of course have the Chargers with 2 2nd rounders after a trade down in the 1st.

If they come away with something like this after 3 rounds I would be stoked:

1) Bowers- TE
                    2a) Jenkins- DT
                    2b) Renardo Green- CB
                    3) Colson- ILB

If they can get another 3rd that would be the icing on the cake.
                    Last edited by Chargers8491; 03-05-2024, 07:08 PM. Reason: Changed Martin to Jenkins. Don't know why had Martin on the brain
                    Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                    REC: 8
                    YARDS: 89
                    TDS: 2

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

If they can get him #69 hell yeah. I have them taking both Martin and Colson in the 2nd. I of course have the Chargers with 2 2nd rounders after a trade down in the 1st.

If they come away with something like this after 3 rounds I would be stoked:

1) Bowers- TE
                      2a) Martin- DT
                      2b) Renardo Green- CB
                      3) Colson- ILB

If they can get another 3rd that would be the icing on the cake.
                      Martin? who's Martin and why don't I have a Martin on my DT draft list?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Martin? who's Martin and why don't I have a Martin on my DT draft list?
                        Was wondering that myself. Think he might mean Jenkins

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Was wondering that myself. Think he might mean Jenkins
                          or murphy? at least his name starts with an M too...

Comment

Working...
                          X