• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

If we tender him.
    Hortiz goes bonkers for comps.
    There's an Australian punter and an egghead kicker out of Stanford.
    We've got round sevens to burn.
    I am letting you guys play the captain obvious games in the early rounds.
    Call me Nutty but wu will find late round gems, which of course will determine who we should take early.
    Draft backwards for the win.
    Hortiz would be crazy not to tender him. He will be cheap for how good he has been. We won't get no comp pick if we don't sign a ERFA. Somebody else will sign him cheap.

Remember Tranquill got us a 7th and he signed for 3 or 3.5 mil. Dicker will get at best 1m elsewhere. Less if we tender him.

You must be playin

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hortiz would be crazy not to tender him. He will be cheap for how good he has been. We won't get no comp pick if we don't sign a ERFA. Somebody else will sign him cheap.

Remember Tranquill got us a 7th and he signed for 3 or 3.5 mil. Dicker will get at best 1m elsewhere. Less if we tender him.

You must be playin
      Can we do something with the Long Snapper ?
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Can we do something with the Long Snapper ?
        We will get a 3rd round comp for Ekeler. ...just ask him.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

If we tender him.
          Hortiz goes bonkers for comps.
          There's an Australian punter and an egghead kicker out of Stanford.
          We've got round sevens to burn.
          I am letting you guys play the captain obvious games in the early rounds.
          Call me Nutty but wu will find late round gems, which of course will determine who we should take early.
          Draft backwards for the win.
          There's a Darren Bennett 2.0? I could go for that one, mate! That must be Tory Taylor from Iowa (but originally from Down Undah):

image.png

All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Tory Taylor

2024 NFL Draft scouting report on Iowa punter Tory Taylor, an Australian-born player with a cannon of a leg as the best college punter.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

We will get a 3rd round comp for Ekeler. ...just ask him.
            After Ekkie's subpar production and butterfingers last season, we'll be lucky to get a 6th round comp for him...he probably signs a one-year prove it deal...with DE-escalators for every fumbled rock...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There's a Darren Bennett 2.0? I could go for that one, mate! That must be Tory Taylor from Iowa (but originally from Down Undah):

image.png

All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Tory Taylor

2024 NFL Draft scouting report on Iowa punter Tory Taylor, an Australian-born player with a cannon of a leg as the best college punter.
              BJolt already told me I cannot have any comp picks.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Giants and Vikings have plenty of draft capital and cap room to move up.

Miami with all their free agents looking kind of iffy to make the playoffs again.

IMG_1502.jpg

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

BJolt already told me I cannot have any comp picks.
                  Ekeler gonna get us a 4th- 5th. Davis a 7th, Everett a 6th, Kelly a 7th, Murray a 6th, Austin Johnson a 4th-5th

Thats 6 guys. If we sign three, we get three.

Don't think Stick or anyone else nets us a pick. Maybe Guyton gets 3 m and we get one but doubt it....most we can get is 4 right? Unless we lose a Rooney guy for GM or HC.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

You
                    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of interviewing multiple people who have had dealings with the prospective draft pick.
                    Along those lines I'd probably be interested in interviewing local sports analysts/reporters whom covered the prospect from high school and in college for an objective opinion on said prospect's mental state.

Jerry Tillery for example. Reading reports about him dating back to 2015. He wants to be a doctor. He wants to be a wallstreet investor. He wants to be a chef. He wants to organize a rally event. To me this sounds like a kid passionate to start something new but loses interest along the way especially when he finds a new hobby. Is football his passion? Is this kid going to be dialed into football like a pro?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Ekeler gonna get us a 4th- 5th. Davis a 7th, Everett a 6th, Kelly a 7th, Murray a 6th, Austin Johnson a 4th-5th

Thats 6 guys. If we sign three, we get three.

Don't think Stick or anyone else nets us a pick. Maybe Guyton gets 3 m and we get one but doubt it....most we can get is 4 right? Unless we lose a Rooney guy for GM or HC.
                      And we already have the extra round 6 from JCJ back to NE. Joe's happy.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

And we already have the extra round 6 from JCJ back to NE. Joe's happy.
                        It would be poetic justice if Hortiz is able to turn that 6th rounder into a solid starting CB...
                        (Or ANY solid starter, for that matter...)

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Isn't Dicker a ERFA? No doubt we bring him back
                          The Bolts will need to make a "qualifying offer" to Dicker by March 15. They COULD lowball Dicker with the league minimum and still keep him, but they would be better off to extend him to 2-3 years for a better offer than that:

"How Do NFL Teams Retain Their Exclusive Rights Free Agents?
                          Keeping an ERFA is simple for NFL teams. All they have to do is extend a qualifying offer to the player, and he will be unable to negotiate with other teams. A “qualifying offer” is a one-year contract at the league minimum salary based on the player’s experience level. If an exclusive rights free agent is given a qualifying offer, he has no recourse other than to play for his current team. His only other option would be not to play football."

Comment

Working...
                          X