• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Granted, Popper mentioned Atlanta from 5 to 8 swap in Round 1. The Falcons could send their 2024 3rd and 4th rounders and a 2025 pick -- like a 3rd rounder. I think that could be okay because getting picks this year and one future pick. Chargers already have an extra 6th rounder next year, 2025 - from the JC Jackson trade. So it would be nice if Hortz could add another 3rd - 5th rounder this draft for next year so the Chargers already would have 9 picks in 2025 draft. But he can always add that pick like on Day 3 - trade down in the 5th and instead of getting a 2024 6th rounder, he takes a future 5th rounder
    to drop from 5 top 8, i want falcons 2nd rounder this year.....

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

With Harbaugh as HC and Mike Devlin and Nick Hardwick coaching the Oline, I would be good going into the season with Mason Cole and Sedrick Van Pran as the Centers. If Cole beats him and plays well, then Van Pran has a year to develop and hopefully the Chargers get a comp pick when Cole signs elsewhere.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

to drop from 5 top 8, i want falcons 2nd rounder this year.....
        I am very good with that!!

Trading for a top 5 pick for a QB - should have a premium price attached to it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Bolt4Knob;n1650816]
          Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Incentive clause related to penalties - you’re killing me knob! Bosa is not taking a pay cut and no players have clauses related to penalties lol.
          his brother is making $34M, fyi, as I recall.

I’ll put it at 35% but i think we’re both on the right side of the 50 yard line[/QUOTE

Come on- that was gold Jerry gold!! Real comedy! (about the penalties clause)

As for the type of money Bosa will get in 2024 - maybe he does get his $22m from the Chargers or some team. I just don't see it happening with the injury concern. I think if he is back with the Chargers - it will be something like $10-12m but heavy incentives for being on the field and producing on the field - like sacks and what not.

His brother is making like you said $34; Bosa was the highest paid at the time of the deal - but the last two years - I think he is going to have to prove it this year
          that was a good one well played! Auto pay deductions every time he drops his helmet too!
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
            With Harbaugh as HC and Mike Devlin and Nick Hardwick coaching the Oline, I would be good going into the season with Mason Cole and Sedrick Van Pran as the Centers. If Cole beats him and plays well, then Van Pran has a year to develop and hopefully the Chargers get a comp pick when Cole signs elsewhere.
            If Cole beats our Van Pran, I'd be worried. Pass on Cole

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I think Bosa trains hard and plays hard. I think he is over competitive just like Harbaugh. It’s just the injuries that downgrade him IMO. And a lot of those look like they may come from overtraining or going all out in games.

Im hoping we can keep Bosa with perhaps a reduced contract although I don’t see him willingly accepting that.
              I think his training methods are flawed. Too much big muscle development and not enough strengthening of them tharr "stabilizing muscles" - hence the many soft tissue injuries? guessing based on the way he seems to have hurt himself several times, vs being hurt from being hit/injured by the offense?

Ben is here now. I see the clear cap reasons to ditch him but I also could see JH2's confidence that Ben can get him right. IF he's right, he's a superior player. big IF
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Cole beats our Van Pran, I'd be worried. Pass on Cole
                If the Chargers sign Mason Cole I hope it is after the draft as depth at Center. As I think in free agency, they can do better. But if you have drafted somebody like Frazier or JPJ and want to bring in Cole, maybe. I think there are better options

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I think Bosa trains hard and plays hard. I think he is over competitive just like Harbaugh. It’s just the injuries that downgrade him IMO. And a lot of those look like they may come from overtraining or going all out in games.

Im hoping we can keep Bosa with perhaps a reduced contract although I don’t see him willingly accepting that.
                  Bosa's dad was highly drafted highly touted prospect in the '80s whose injuries from day one in the NFL wrecked his career. His brother has his own injury history with the Niners.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bosa's dad was highly drafted highly touted prospect in the '80s whose injuries from day one in the NFL wrecked his career. His brother has his own injury history with the Niners.
                    time to cut the chord from Bosa

they can spend the money better - I don't even want him at 10-12m
                    need to be on the field

give me KVN for 5m over Bosa

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

time to cut the chord from Bosa

they can spend the money better - I don't even want him at 10-12m
                      need to be on the field

give me KVN for 5m over Bosa
                      I tend to agree, but if Mack is gone too they need another edge rusher. Don't want Tuli to be double-teamed all the time. Rumph isn't it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I tend to agree, but if Mack is gone too they need another edge rusher. Don't want Tuli to be double-teamed all the time. Rumph isn't it.
                        That is a good point -- so if they are keeping one, in spite of the draft pick that Mack could probably bring -- I would keep him over Bosa

I still wonder if the Chargers offer to pay some of Bosa's Roster bonus due in March - could that entice a better trade. He is due 7m - maybe they offer to pay half and re-work his contract, trade him off.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

That is a good point -- so if they are keeping one, in spite of the draft pick that Mack could probably bring -- I would keep him over Bosa

I still wonder if the Chargers offer to pay some of Bosa's Roster bonus due in March - could that entice a better trade. He is due 7m - maybe they offer to pay half and re-work his contract, trade him off.
                          I'd prefer to keep Mack over Bosa as well. But Mack's cap number may be prohibitive. If they want to jettison both, that's fine, but they had better draft an edge rusher no later than Day 2 and they should draft another one Day 3. This is why I have advocated trading down from #5 to acquire more picks in rounds 2-4 in order to fill cap casualty roster holes.

Comment

Working...
                          X