• wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

"Stabilizer joints" !!!!
    This is tremendous !!!!
    No more soft tissue injuries.
    Cuz there ain't no more soft tissue.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      "Stabilizer joints" !!!!
      This is tremendous !!!!
      No more soft tissue injuries.
      Cuz there ain't no more soft tissue.
      Exactly right - the “Joey Cure”. If they don’t dump him for cost.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Exactly right - the “Joey Cure”. If they don’t dump him for cost.
        I just don't see Bosa back. I don't see them paying him the $22m he is due to get. Extending Mack and Allen, totally understandable to push cap. But Bosa, for me would need to be on a heavily incentive laden deal based both on games played, production and limiting key third down offsides penalties

That said, if Bosa is taking a pay cut - I see him with his brother or in Florida - not the Chargers. And the Fish, I think both of their DEs are hurt, Chubb and Phillips. I have Joeys Bosa odds of being a Charger at 20%

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Cap compliance now and early UFA signings with KA contract redo and immediate Mack to Lions trade.

Post June 1 trade of Joey for '25 draft bounty, with the option of keeping him should we not have a value EDGE fall into our lap in this '24 draft.

Small steps, always forward, no give aways.
          This is the way.
          This is how Joe n Jim do it.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Cap compliance now and early UFA signings with KA contract redo and immediate Mack to Lions trade.

Post June 1 trade of Joey for '25 draft bounty, with the option of keeping him should we not have a value EDGE fall into our lap in this '24 draft.

Small steps, always forward, no give aways.
            This is the way.
            This is how Joe n Jim do it.
            Bosa is so hard to trade June 1 because he is owed $7m on March 20. If the chargers pay that - better be worth a 2nd round pick

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

One other note about future draft picks - there is an uncertainty where that pick will be. Now, I think the Cardinals made a solid trade with Houston. But many thought Houstons' first would be a top 5 pick and its in the mid 20's. Sitll a First Rounder

So with the current 2024 pick - you know the exact pick and not projecting out. I still think its the Lions timeline - a two draft process. Lions went from 3 to 9 to 12/NFC Title game. I just see way too many holes to fill in one draft. And the Chargers cannot have a decent draft in 2024. It needs to be like the Lions in 2023 or the Saints in 2017 if you think they can contend. They do have the QB, LT and some others but they are also missing a lot.
              Yep. Zactly. You want to trade for picks that are fixed. A 3rd round pick for example could range from 65-97, that's a big gap.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yep. Zactly. You want to trade for picks that are fixed. A 3rd round pick for example could range from 65-97, that's a big gap.
                Granted, Popper mentioned Atlanta from 5 to 8 swap in Round 1. The Falcons could send their 2024 3rd and 4th rounders and a 2025 pick -- like a 3rd rounder. I think that could be okay because getting picks this year and one future pick. Chargers already have an extra 6th rounder next year, 2025 - from the JC Jackson trade. So it would be nice if Hortz could add another 3rd - 5th rounder this draft for next year so the Chargers already would have 9 picks in 2025 draft. But he can always add that pick like on Day 3 - trade down in the 5th and instead of getting a 2024 6th rounder, he takes a future 5th rounder

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                  Can't see any way we keep Bosa. Does he seem like the type of guy Harbaugh wants on his team? Anyone?
                  I think Bosa trains hard and plays hard. I think he is over competitive just like Harbaugh. It’s just the injuries that downgrade him IMO. And a lot of those look like they may come from overtraining or going all out in games.

Im hoping we can keep Bosa with perhaps a reduced contract although I don’t see him willingly accepting that.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just don't see Bosa back. I don't see them paying him the $22m he is due to get. Extending Mack and Allen, totally understandable to push cap. But Bosa, for me would need to be on a heavily incentive laden deal based both on games played, production and limiting key third down offsides penalties

That said, if Bosa is taking a pay cut - I see him with his brother or in Florida - not the Chargers. And the Fish, I think both of their DEs are hurt, Chubb and Phillips. I have Joeys Bosa odds of being a Charger at 20%
                    Incentive clause related to penalties - you’re killing me knob! Bosa is not taking a pay cut and no players have clauses related to penalties lol.
                    his brother is making $34M, fyi, as I recall.

I’ll put it at 35% but i think we’re both on the right side of the 50 yard line
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Bingo. Zactly what I been sayin'.

Get it done. KA should play for the Chargers his entire career, like Gates.
                      I agree, but that has not been the Charger’s way.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1650813]

Incentive clause related to penalties - you’re killing me knob! Bosa is not taking a pay cut and no players have clauses related to penalties lol.
                        his brother is making $34M, fyi, as I recall.

I’ll put it at 35% but i think we’re both on the right side of the 50 yard line[/QUOTE

Come on- that was gold Jerry gold!! Real comedy! (about the penalties clause)

As for the type of money Bosa will get in 2024 - maybe he does get his $22m from the Chargers or some team. I just don't see it happening with the injury concern. I think if he is back with the Chargers - it will be something like $10-12m but heavy incentives for being on the field and producing on the field - like sacks and what not.

His brother is making like you said $34; Bosa was the highest paid at the time of the deal - but the last two years - I think he is going to have to prove it this year

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I agree, but that has not been the Charger’s way.
                          It gets tricky. There is a time the production does decline and what value does the player bring even at a cheaper salary. Plus - it is a roster position. So you keeping a player on the roster for purely sentimental reasons just so they can "retire a Charger"

Comment

Working...
                          X