• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just meant, doesn't change my thinking in terms of moving on from players. BOsa and MW aren't all of the sudden worth 22 and 20 because they have more cap space

But to your point - it might make them players in free agency for another player or two. Or maybe they can keep Mack on his original deal or Allen and not push money for either.
    I don't think this forum evaluates our edge players the same way JH2 do, but I'm guessing - we'll find out in a while.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don't think he took the Linsley move into account. Others are saying $22M
      Yeah it was 37 so it should be 22-23. Thats a big help but not sure if it means anything for keeping anyone.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        Who could be this year’s Gibbs and LaPorta.
        In one of the best trades ever if they stay healthy the Lions traded 6 for 12 and 34 to get them.
        personal suspicion is that Ben Sinnott is the most likely to pull any sort of LaPorta action, and.... would volunteer Kool Aid as the other half of the equation, as he has somehow become second fiddle to his counterpart Terrion Arnold, and could likely pay a very large value dividend if he goes off the board middle of the first or so.... ??

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I just meant, doesn't change my thinking in terms of moving on from players. BOsa and MW aren't all of the sudden worth 22 and 20 because they have more cap space

But to your point - it might make them players in free agency for another player or two. Or maybe they can keep Mack on his original deal or Allen and not push money for either.
          don't know so much 'bout the contractual stuff, and.... the number that keeps coming up for me, and w/the both of Khalil 'n Keenan is.... $17m/year ??

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don't think this forum evaluates our edge players the same way JH2 do, but I'm guessing - we'll find out in a while.
            My thought process:

Bosa: has played 14 games out of the last 34 games. Been a good player but at this stage, counting on him to be healthy is a pretty big risk. $22m seems steep - maybe $10m with incentives -but still the injury concern. Time to move on

Mack: last year was the best year of his career; only year close was 2015 in terms of sacks, his second year in the league. Odds are, he regresses back to the normal Mack career . Selling high.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

personal suspicion is that Ben Sinnott is the most likely to pull any sort of LaPorta action, and.... would volunteer Kool Aid as the other half of the equation, as he has somehow become second fiddle to his counterpart Terrion Arnold, and could likely pay a very large value dividend if he goes off the board middle of the first or so.... ??
              A lot will depend on how Kool-Aid runs at the combine where he is drafted

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

My thought process:

Bosa: has played 14 games out of the last 34 games. Been a good player but at this stage, counting on him to be healthy is a pretty big risk. $22m seems steep - maybe $10m with incentives -but still the injury concern. Time to move on

Mack: last year was the best year of his career; only year close was 2015 in terms of sacks, his second year in the league. Odds are, he regresses back to the normal Mack career . Selling high.
                I agree. The time to sell Mack is now

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don't think he took the Linsley move into account. Others are saying $22M
                  He’s taking everything else into account.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Popper is saying to pay the draft picks and have a 53 man roster - they need the $32m

Popper also isn't accounting for:
                    the Practice Squad
                    In season IR fund
                    Upgrading the roster in free agency for like Center, TE, IDL, RB, LB or S

Chargers probably need to move $55-60m still unless free agency is bare bones, all vet minimum players

granted, they don't need to sign the draft picks until JUly and the PS/IR fund is Labor Day - but they will still need to find the money

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Popper is saying to pay the draft picks and have a 53 man roster - they need the $32m

Popper also isn't accounting for:
                      the Practice Squad
                      In season IR fund
                      Upgrading the roster in free agency for like Center, TE, IDL, RB, LB or S

Chargers probably need to move $55-60m still unless free agency is bare bones, all vet minimum players

granted, they don't need to sign the draft picks until JUly and the PS/IR fund is Labor Day - but they will still need to find the money
                      The more I think how Telesco fubarred our situation With JC jackson deal I wanna puke!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This is great We just lessened our salary cap problems by $14 million or so. That’s keeping an extra quality player or 2.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

NFL Salary Cap Announced - at 256m - was at $242m

And even though that helps the Chargers by $14m - doesn't change a thing
                          Mike Williams, Bosa are gone, still looking to trade Mack
                          Kendricks released
                          Allen --might not have to be restructured - which is a good thing

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1761085048080441801
                          Came here for this.
                          Knew B4K would be all over this new cap.
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                          X