• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    @Back-up QB... I don't really care who it is. It could be Kaep; it could be Josh Johnson; it could be Duggan.
    Whoever Harbaugh and the OC thinks fits. Backup QB is the least of our worries. How about we protect Justin so we don't have to use a backup...?
    it'll be hilarious if it ends up being Josh Johnson, hasn't he been a charger already? seems like he's been on every team in the league, LOL!!!
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

it'll be hilarious if it ends up being Josh Johnson, hasn't he been a charger already? seems like he's been on every team in the league, LOL!!!
      I just look forward to the new vision of JH2 (Harbaught and Hortiz) = how they fill out the entire roster, draft, etc

I am ready to for this roster to be overhauled

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

"Daiyan Henley no way am I counting on him for nuthin' this next go 'round.... we gots to draft a player here"

This is a shocker for me...This guy was considered to be the #1 or #2 LB in draft rankings.
        yeah, get where you're coming from, and.... is dude anywhere close to a MLB type ?? isn't he more of a situational WILB/more dimebacker ?? where do you put him in our nickel/4-2-5 ??

in my world, we gotta replace Murray/Kendricks against the run, if they're not comin' back.... ??

hopefully Henley pans out/lives up to your expectations, and.... not building my LB corps around him.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

The Chargers don't need Kaep, the guy is a freaken head case. If Duggan is not the answer, then draft one and move on.
          Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
          REC: 10
          YARDS: 133
          TDS: 3

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Didn’t realize this. Maybe we can get something for Bosa at least. I doubt we get anything for Mike.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
              The Chargers don't need Kaep, the guy is a freaken head case. If Duggan is not the answer, then draft one and move on.
              Don't think he is a head case
              I have heard him speak about things

I just don't think he is probably fit to be QB after so many years away and his age

And Duggan is not the answer - we know that
              Neither is stick
              and neither in all probability will it be a rookie back QB

get a veteran with a clue

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Didn’t realize this. Maybe we can get something for Bosa at least. I doubt we get anything for Mike.

I think Haglund is wrong

I think the Chargers can agree to a trade before March 15 but it cannot be executed until March 15. Pretty sure we all knew about Mack a week or two before the league year started
                Meaning for the Chargers to trade Bosa or Williams or Mack -they need to be under the cap

Also, there is a rule about renegotiating contracts -- meaning the Chargers cannot reduce Bosa's salary to $1m to get him under the cap and trade him after. Granted, Bosa would lose all leverage if his salary was $1m with incentives. The team that trades for Bosa needs to have $22m of cap space to take on the contract unless say he agrees to be traded to San Fran for $12m - -the Chargers get $10m of cap space and they trade him to San Fran to get the rest of the cap space

Now that doesn't mean the Chargers shouldn't gauge the trade value of Williams or Bosa - they can get the $45.1m needed to be a dollar under the cap on March 15 to make trades

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

@Back-up QB... I don't really care who it is. It could be Kaep; it could be Josh Johnson; it could be Duggan.
                  Whoever Harbaugh and the OC thinks fits. Backup QB is the least of our worries. How about we protect Justin so we don't have to use a backup...?
                  What if he gets hurt on a scramble? If you dont care then we can just bring back Stick. But i doubt that will be popular lol.

Daiyan Henly was a coverted safety/WR/QB.... he only had a year or two experience at LB before being drafted. I think most people knew there would be a learning curve. And just because Staley didn't develop/play him, doesn't mean he won't be good... or that JH can't develop him. Having said that, I think JH will want/need another LB to play along side of Henly. JH Squared knows LB's. We got this. 3rd round is the sweet spot.
                  My biggest concern is he gets dinged up alot for not playing many snaps in games. He needs to get bigger.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Johnson is 37, i think he has been on nearly every team... and he just isnt very good. Harbaugh isnt dumb ...he isnt going to bring in a old QB because he knew them years ago when they were young. Guys are taking these Harbaugh ties to a new level

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt

My biggest concern is he gets dinged up alot for not playing many snaps in games. He needs to get bigger.
                      Enter Strength Coach

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Daiyan Henly was a coverted safety/WR/QB.... he only had a year or two experience at LB before being drafted. I think most people knew there would be a learning curve. And just because Staley didn't develop/play him, doesn't mean he won't be good... or that JH can't develop him. Having said that, I think JH will want/need another LB to play along side of Henly. JH Squared knows LB's. We got this. 3rd round is the sweet spot.
                        Derwin James ! - Beef him up a bit Ben! LOS guy
                        Last edited by jox g; 01-30-2024, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No, I think thats the wrong attitude. This was the Telesco attitude that depth wasn't important. When injuries DO happen so need better depth

I do agree that making sure the Oline is better is a higher priority but from what I saw of Easton Stick, they can do better.

As for Kaep - I don't mind a tryout but again, I think they can do better.
                          The NFL already scheduled a tryout for Kappie--and then he stubbornly switched it to another venue at the last minute...shows me the dude isn't serious about a comeback...best move for Bolts for backup QB is some vet who's halfway decent...and yes, drafting Carrothead in round 7 was similar to Stick drafting...inexplicable reaches for projects...Bolts draft scrubs like Duggan and Stick, and meanwhile the Niners find gems in round 7 like Purdy and the Chefs find guys like Pacheco...the difference between winners and losers...

Comment

Working...
                          X