• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

QB * Gardner Minshew, Joe Milton * psychologically am tired of not having anything in arrears here
    RB * D'Ernest Johnson, Daijun Edwards, Miyan Williams * if we got pix to spare day two, then would be fine w/Jonathan Brooks
    WR * Brenden Rice, Luke McCaffrey, Cedrick Wilson * very tempting, but would prefer extra draft capital to add here
    TE * Ben Sinnott, Gerald Everett, Nick Vannett, Harrison Bryant, Hunter Henry * think Sinnott is gonna be the high value pick here
    OT * Fuaga, Fashanu * like both these guys ahead of Alt
    OG * Zinter, Beebe * gonna be a defining moment to see how LOS centric we are in this draft
    OC * Connor Williams, Sedrick Van Pran * think I'd be ok w/the either of 'em, albeit not in lieu of a NT

NT * T'Vondre Sweat * pretty much a must have if still on the board @37
    DT * Byron Murphy, Jer'Zhan Newton, A'Shawn Robinson * if we go Fuaga @5 then would hope for the vet in FA
    DE * Bralen Trice * think this guy is underrated/valued and gonna be a solid for whoever gets him
    ED * Laiatu Latu, Jared Verse, Dorance Armstrong * not sure if we've got the monies, but the FA vet would help
    LB * Cedric Gray, Eric Gentry, Denzel Perryman * can't afford not to add to this position group
    CB * Terrion Arnold, Kool Aid, Kamari Lassiter, Essang Bassey, Mike D. * just really get the willies in adding here before the LOS
    S * Cole Bishop, Alohi Gilman

K * Cameron Dicker

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      QB * Gardner Minshew, Joe Milton * psychologically am tired of not having anything in arrears here
      RB * D'Ernest Johnson, Daijun Edwards, Miyan Williams * if we got pix to spare day two, then would be fine w/Jonathan Brooks
      WR * Brenden Rice, Luke McCaffrey, Cedrick Wilson * very tempting, but would prefer extra draft capital to add here
      TE * Ben Sinnott, Gerald Everett, Nick Vannett, Harrison Bryant, Hunter Henry * think Sinnott is gonna be the high value pick here
      OT * Fuaga, Fashanu * like both these guys ahead of Alt
      OG * Zinter, Beebe * gonna be a defining moment to see how LOS centric we are in this draft
      OC * Connor Williams, Sedrick Van Pran * think I'd be ok w/the either of 'em, albeit not in lieu of a NT

NT * T'Vondre Sweat * pretty much a must have if still on the board @37
      DT * Byron Murphy, Jer'Zhan Newton, A'Shawn Robinson * if we go Fuaga @5 then would hope for the vet in FA
      DE * Bralen Trice * think this guy is underrated/valued and gonna be a solid for whoever gets him
      ED * Laiatu Latu, Jared Verse, Dorance Armstrong * not sure if we've got the monies, but the FA vet would help
      LB * Cedric Gray, Eric Gentry, Denzel Perryman * can't afford not to add to this position group
      CB * Terrion Arnold, Kool Aid, Kamari Lassiter, Essang Bassey, Mike D. * just really get the willies in adding here before the LOS
      S * Cole Bishop, Alohi Gilman

K * Cameron Dicker
      Beach - when you have all those names mentioned for CB - are you thinking the Chargers can get Arnold, Kool-aid and Lassiter - or that is your preference in order?

I do agree I think IDL is almost as imporant as Center to the roster

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Beach - when you have all those names mentioned for CB - are you thinking the Chargers can get Arnold, Kool-aid and Lassiter - or that is your preference in order?

nah, just my worksheet/reference point for players under consideration @each position group.... not so interested in CB given cap situation and lack of draft capital.... rather bring back Bassey 'n Mike D. for cheap.... we do still need another CB tho regardless.

and really want Sweat @37, and don't know if we have the monies, but am looking @A'Shawn Robinson @DT in FA, and Connor Williams as well ??

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Once you and Beach get to know Harbaugh you'll look back and realize how important having two top flight RB's is!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

nah, just my worksheet/reference point for players under consideration @each position group.... not so interested in CB given cap situation and lack of draft capital.... rather bring back Bassey 'n Mike D. for cheap.... we do still need another CB tho regardless.

and really want Sweat @37, and don't know if we have the monies, but am looking @A'Shawn Robinson @DT in FA, and Connor Williams as well ??

I do think IDL or C will be the pick in Round 2 - with no trade downs. Those are such big time needs. Cannot recall the last really good IDL. Not even talking Jamal level - but remember guys like Hand, Davis, Parella. Just did the solid dirty work on the interior.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Keenan Allen is a guy who gets us roughly 1000 yards every year. The cost is 20 some million.

Ekeler is a guy who gets us roughly 1000 yards per year. The cost is 8-10 million. That’s pretty cheap for comparable production.

The Bolts are going to be running the ball more. The Bolts are going to be running the ball more at the goal line. Ekeler is a touchdown maker. He has a skill getting into the end zone that many other players don’t have.

I no longer believe the team is going to let Ekeler walk if they can find a way to keep him. A 3rd round pick in this years draft is not going to replace his production.

Win now.
              Ekeler gained 628 yards rushing in 2023. that was 38th in the league. If JH2 want to run the ball more, why do they want to spend $8M on Ekeler?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I do think IDL or C will be the pick in Round 2 - with no trade downs. Those are such big time needs. Cannot recall the last really good IDL. Not even talking Jamal level - but remember guys like Hand, Davis, Parella. Just did the solid dirty work on the interior.
                ditto
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You think they wont watch tape of our guys? If they do, then i doubt Everett is back or Davis. Murray? Who knows but there is a money factor in keeping some of these guys. Im not sure they will keep Ekeler because of the money he thinks he should get.
                  So sure, who knows...you are right but i know a change is coming and its hard to do a realistic mock when you dont know who is here or not.

Sure we can say well id pick RT at 5, pick a OC in the second and a LB 3rd, DT 4th, a TE with our extra 4th...but thats just spitballing. We dont have a clue yet
                  ?...I said they WILL watch tape...

Just saying I expect a surprise or two, from typical fan expectations...

But otherwise, looks like we agree...who knows what they are gonna do...should be interesting...

Though once FA is over, at least we can make some educated guesses at the draft...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Once you and Beach get to know Harbaugh you'll look back and realize how important having two top flight RB's is!
                    if you go RB round two then you're opting out of the OC/IDL options, and then it becomes chicken before the egg, cart before the horse ??

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ekeler gained 628 yards rushing in 2023. that was 38th in the league. If JH2 want to run the ball more, why do they want to spend $8M on Ekeler?
                      When you can’t even get out of the backfield before getting hit, 628 yards is pretty solid. I look forward to watching him with real holes to run through. And as an outlet receiver, he is top notch. In protecting the QB, he is top notch. In scoring TDs, he is top notch.

When you look at the top 10 things wrong with the Chargers, he is not one of them.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

That’s almost guaranteed.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

When you can’t even get out of the backfield before getting hit, 628 yards is pretty solid. I look forward to watching him with real holes to run through. And as an outlet receiver, he is top notch. In protecting the QB, he is top notch. In scoring TDs, he is top notch.

When you look at the top 10 things wrong with the Chargers, he is not one of them.
                          But what if you improve the OL but also find a draft pick that is faster, more elusive, better pure running back for like $2m as opposed to the $5+ Ekeler probably gets

Comment

Working...
                          X