• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

and yet everything is pointing in that direction...
    I started by mentioning that Corey himself stated that there is a 99% chance" he will retire. You are being unnecessarily didactic.

There are a lot of unexpected things that happen with regard to cap compliance. Take New Orleans over the last decade, or Philadelphia recently with Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox.

The next three weeks will be about dollars, and about medical and personal aspects. Some here take a peek at OTC, put their accounting degrees to use, and claim in an overbearing manner that they have it all figured out. Well, there are too many variables and uncertainties.

There is no harm in my stating a wish that we can take Center off our wish list. It is Liar's Month every month until May, anx it is open spitballing season. Deal with it.
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Me, I would keep Fox, he's not bad against the run and he's not that expensive either, plus he gives you some pass rush and in a year when they could be potentially moving on from both Mack and Bosa, yeah, I would keep him...
      Id he dont fit their scheme he dont fit their scheme. And if that is what they think why keep him? We can save a valuable 3.5 mil if he isnt a fit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m not sure that you’re wrong but how many elite FA edge players are on the open market and how many teams need an edge player? Be sure and include the team they are leaving in the count …
        Bosa and Mack are known figures for pay - maybe that helps a trade market

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Like who? Josh Allen wont be cheaper, Magducski..whatever his name is wont be cheaper. Danielle Hunter, ... Those are premium names a free agents. Z'Darius Smith is likely cheaper but he is 31. Perhaps Chase Young.

Mack had 17 sacks.....that dont come cheap in free agency.
          Madubuiki is expected to get like what Hargraves got last year 84/4

Hunter - I have read in the 65/3 range - so similar to Mack's 23

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id he dont fit their scheme he dont fit their scheme. And if that is what they think why keep him? We can save a valuable 3.5 mil if he isnt a fit.
            I'm not going to lose sleep over them cutting Fox either, I've been saying that this defense needs a youth movement for a long time so can't be a hypocrite now...Minter will find a way to apply pressure on opposing QBs without having top end pass rushers, that's what he does, he knows how to create chaos for opposing QBs...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I started by mentioning that Corey himself stated that there is a 99% chance" he will retire. You are being didactic.

There are a lot of unexpected things that happen with regard to cap compliance. Take New Orleans over the last decade, or Philadelphia recently with Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox.

The next three weeks will be about dollars, and about medical and personal aspects.

There is no harm in my stating a wish that we take Center off our wish list.
              Harm? No, but it does make you sound like TT. 😎

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Madubuiki is expected to get like what Hargraves got last year 84/4

Hunter - I have read in the 65/3 range - so similar to Mack's 23
                The chargers might surprise everyone this offseason with a big signing like madabuike...depending on how soon they trade either mack or bosa, they would have the cap space to give one of the top DTs the money that they will want...I like Wilkins too but I would rather have the younger Madabuike...IDL has been a weakness for too dang long....
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Harm? No, but it does make you sound like TT. 😎
                  See my edit.
                  You applauded a machine mock with Darius Robinson going in the 4th round.
                  OK.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                    Lloyd Cushenberry III - is a FA, is he any good?
                    Cushenberry is a Gap/Power only type. In Denver, be did not move the needle as far as leading from the pivot goes. Roman might consider him scheme flexible, useful and good value.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

The chargers might surprise everyone this offseason with a big signing like madabuike...depending on how soon they trade either mack or bosa, they would have the cap space to give one of the top DTs the money that they will want...I like Wilkins too but I would rather have the younger Madabuike...IDL has been a weakness for too dang long....
                      I'm uncomfortable with putting all of our eggs in one basket (again) with a guy like Madabuike. I know he's a great player and I'd love to have him, but we need (quality) depth too. TT's calling card was top heavy teams with little (quality) depth. I'm sure Hortiz can do better, but the entire concept is a huge risk . . . . . . . . . . IMO. I'd prefer that we let JH have a shot at developing our draft picks first, before we start dropping boatloads of money (again) on FA's . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob
                        Think about this scenario -- chargers move on from Bosa, MW, Kendricks, extend Allen and are cap compliant
                        Keep MW. Otherwise I agree.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Nah, just fuggin around don't get mad...

I give two shits about Clapp and it doesn't get more positive for me than it is right now, I KNOW Harbaugh is going to take care of shit, and with Hortiz in the picture it almost takes the fun out of the offseason because even if they do things that don't appeal to me in FA or the draft I know well enough that they will be improving the team by leaps and bounds from where it has been under TT and former trash coaches we've had...I'm all in with these guys and so excited about this new era, to have a physical team with a good defense and running game is like a dream come true for me, it's going to be fun as hell to root for these guys...

Well, RIGHT ON, bro!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X