• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

In 2021 (with Roman and Ravens)... Bozeman had a 73.6 pff.
    OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Dude, mediocre? Where the fuck did I say that? I’ve been stumping for Pip to be off the freaking team, his overall play is so poor - and exponentially so in the last two minutes of games. I’m guessing there’s a dozen rookies in this draft who could replace him in Harbaugh/Roman’s O and do better. Certainly be a better swing than him. Just don’t get the arguments to keep him, other than money. Fuck that. I want a better team, and if it means getting rid of another overpriced guy I’m cool with that, we suck and we have to take our lumps. Seriously, upgrading Pip should be high priority and it can be done without shorting this retool of the team anywhere else. Again just my opinion, not trying to blow up anybody else’s, if we go into the season with Pip, or Alt, or whomever I’ll be fine with that cuz I trust the Plan, don’t know the Plan but I know better minds than anybody else’s here are creating it.
      Right on. Your post seem to imply that a mid/late round OT was the way to go.

OLineCentric

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Right on. Your post seem to imply that a mid/late round OT was the way to go.
        I believe it was B4K who stated why would any team trade for Pip when a 3rd or 4th rounder would give them equivalent play but cheaper. Concur. I guess I shouldn’t extrapolate to the Chargers? And hope that mid rounder ends up with a higher ceiling five years on? Silly me.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I believe it was B4K who stated why would any team trade for Pip when a 3rd or 4th rounder would give them equivalent play but cheaper. Concur. I guess I shouldn’t extrapolate to the Chargers? And hope that mid rounder ends up with a higher ceiling five years on? Silly me.
          1) Nobody would trade for him... because he sucks. Any old draft pick would be an upgrade.
          2) We shouldn't settle for him... because he sucks. Nor should any old draft pick suffice either.

We have Harbaugh and Roman, guys. Chopped liver along the OL is no longer an option. Coaching and scheme will be better... but also expect better players. If the IOL sucks, too. Replace them. The OL will come first. Bank on it. After that... expect defense.

Their BPA ain't like most people's BPA. Just say'in.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I think I said it about Aiyuk or Justin Jefferson at WR when you can draft MHJr or Nabers at 5
            but the same thing applies to Pipkins --you can draft somebody that will probably be close to the equal of Pipkins without giving up the draft plus a very cheap contract

That is why draft picks are so important . And I get 6th and 7th rounders are just allowing you the opportunity at UDFAs - but they are getting four year deals. Telescos inability to draft well and the coaches to develop - was a big reason why he had to use free agency to build the roster

No more of that with JH2 - the draft will build the roster and than select free agents, will be used to augment.

As for Pip - it some team wants him - of course I would trade him - even pre June 1. I doubt that happens - but if some team wants him for a 5th rounder this year at the draft, done and done. Others have pointed out, he wasn't the true weak link.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think I said it about Aiyuk or Justin Jefferson at WR when you can draft MHJr or Nabers at 5
              but the same thing applies to Pipkins --you can draft somebody that will probably be close to the equal of Pipkins without giving up the draft plus a very cheap contract

That is why draft picks are so important . And I get 6th and 7th rounders are just allowing you the opportunity at UDFAs - but they are getting four year deals. Telescos inability to draft well and the coaches to develop - was a big reason why he had to use free agency to build the roster

No more of that with JH2 - the draft will build the roster and than select free agents, will be used to augment.

As for Pip - it some team wants him - of course I would trade him - even pre June 1. I doubt that happens - but if some team wants him for a 5th rounder this year at the draft, done and done. Others have pointed out, he wasn't the true weak link.
              So you’re saying he’s better than Clapp. Woo.

Edit: my bad, it was Nutty with the Pip = 3rd/4th rounder lol.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

So,I’m seeing a lot of sports talk about DAL being exasperated with Parsons….
                That they are tired of him. And some of the pundits are saying it’s just part of the negotiations process….
                Maybe…
                But if you look at their inaction during FA because of Daks contract….and they aren’t doing a deal with Dak. They said that. They also said they aren’t negotiating in season with Dak. Which mean this is it for Dak.
                Im thinking they might just trade Parsons to get up into the top 10 to get a QB and that’s really why this “exasperated” with Parsons stuff is now coming out.

Next years QB class isn’t it. I mean things can change and they usually do, but if you are forecasting your team picking a QB next year, it’s not pretty.

CHI has 9….and they have 2 2nd round picks next year…
                I wonder if they would happily trade 9 and a 2025 2nd to DAL for Parsons. Now they don’t need any help on defense with the 9th pick. They suddenly are set with Sweat, Fuller and Parsons on defense.
                DAL now has 9 and 24…that’s better than 11 and 27…
                The Chicago Bears will have the 6th most salary cap to work with according to OverTheCap.. 53.1million.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                  Day One...
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Brentwood, 94513
                  • Send PM

We all can see how weak the offensive line played last year. Funny how it started when we lost Corey. Yes, like most of you, I want a better right tackle. I also want a solid center. I want to see the guards be being and stronger, is McFadden going to get a shot to get a spot on this line? My dream is to get 11 and 27, draft a RT at 11 and a C at 23. If it all starts with the line, let’s go all in on giving us the dominating, nasty, beasts to do it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

So you’re saying he’s better than Clapp. Woo.

Edit: my bad, it was Nutty with the Pip = 3rd/4th rounder lol.
                    No doubt Pipkins needs to be replaced. I don't care if he is traded for not just as long as he isn't the starter and is the backup swing tackle. But come draft day, if he can be traded, party on! I get if he is a June 1 it saves 2.5m off this years cap but if somebody wants to trade an actual 2024 draft pick - take it before they change their mind!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                      That they are tired of him. And some of the pundits are saying it’s just part of the negotiations process….
                      Maybe…
                      But if you look at their inaction during FA because of Daks contract….and they aren’t doing a deal with Dak. They said that. They also said they aren’t negotiating in season with Dak. Which mean this is it for Dak.
                      Im thinking they might just trade Parsons to get up into the top 10 to get a QB and that’s really why this “exasperated” with Parsons stuff is now coming out.

Next years QB class isn’t it. I mean things can change and they usually do, but if you are forecasting your team picking a QB next year, it’s not pretty.

I wonder if they would happily trade 9 and a 2025 2nd to DAL for Parsons. Now they don’t need any help on defense with the 9th pick. They suddenly are set with Sweat, Fuller and Parsons on defense.
                      The Chicago Bears will have the 6th most salary cap to work with according to OverTheCap.. 53.1million.
                      Great way to try and sell him high, eh?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                        Maybe…

Could be but I think they are prioritizing Parsons over Dak at this point. I do think the Cowboys do go QB this year though.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Great way to try and sell him high, eh?
                          Long time Minnesota Viking play by play announcer Paul Allen says DEN is desperate to move up and get McCarthy.

They're so desperate out Denver way. I'm not kidding you man. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 'we want that 3 so badly we will give you [pick No.] 12, we will give you next year's 1st-rounder, and we will give you Patrick Surtain II'. I'm not kidding you. They are that desperate"

Last edited by Jack Burton; 04-13-2024, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X