• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Hopefully this gets everyone on board with just how important OL is.
    Now thinking McFadden is our backup center.
    Expecting 2 OL drafted within first 5 picks unless adding another TE.
    Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 03-25-2024, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chargers don't need to trade for Justin Jefferson
      plus the cost would be two first round picks and a 30m AAV contract

If the Chargers want a JJ at WR- just draft Nabers or MHJr for a fraction of that cost

As for McCarthy, I think Harbaugh is just trying to drive up his trade value to the Cahrgers 1) can trade back 2) if he moves up to top 4 - Chargers get their pick of best player in draft
      JJ McCarthy….

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

JJ McCarthy….
        Oh my mistake

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chargers don't need to trade for Justin Jefferson
          plus the cost would be two first round picks and a 30m AAV contract

If the Chargers want a JJ at WR- just draft Nabers or MHJr for a fraction of that cost

As for McCarthy, I think Harbaugh is just trying to drive up his trade value to the Cahrgers 1) can trade back 2) if he moves up to top 4 - Chargers get their pick of best player in draft
          I wouldnt even consider trading for Jefferson! He And yes, he said now we have "the #1 pick and it wouldnt be the calculator for the 5th pick ANYMORE"!

You want our "1st pick", its gonna cost ya.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Harbs is also very difficult to pin down. He is either a genius or just not listening. The reporters really wanted to hear some sensationalism on Keenan and Harbaugh just kept repeating its great, its a transparent business, so happy for Keenan getting all that money to play in Chicago. Who's got it better than Keenan?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldnt even consider trading for Jefferson! He And yes, he said now we have "the #1 pick and it wouldnt be the calculator for the 5th pick ANYMORE"!

You want our "1st pick", its gonna cost ya.
              Gotcha - that makes total sense

As I am sure that MHJr and Nabers - on draft boards, are head of teams without a QB but since teams like the Bears, Commandos and Patriots need QB - that might have those teams taking QBs

So yes, if JJ McCarthy moves into the 4th spot and 4 QBs taken - the Charger either get the best football player or trade back

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Harbs is also very difficult to pin down. He is either a genius or just not listening. The reporters really wanted to hear some sensationalism on Keenan and Harbaugh just kept repeating its great, its a transparent business, so happy for Keenan getting all that money to play in Chicago. Who's got it better than Keenan?

TG
                Harbaugh is a master at talking in circles without giving up anything. He's not going to give the reporters the quotes they are looking for and he's not going to talk bad about a past player. Basically, when pressed by the reporter about Keenan he talked in circles and stayed neutral.
                Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                REC: 8
                YARDS: 89
                TDS: 2

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I've never watched, "Columbo" but from I understand he's a genius who plays the part of a tard.
                  Is Jim Columbo?
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 3

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We just had the snake oil salesman HC who snowed everybody with his interviews but couldn't coach. Now we have the very odd interview dude who hopefully can coach
                    hopefully? are you being serious? I have NEVER seen a guy come in to ANY coaching opening with a stronger resume, He's proven, no hope required...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What a heard was....

JJ is the best QB in this draft...you want him? Come get him! Now at 5 if we dont trade it for JJ,.....i have the #1 pick of non QBs and its going to be a great player. Ill take him but if you want MHJ....come get him and ill consider offers.

Also heard we have a guy he likes and may develope as a OC so OC may or may not be a pick,....and very possibly may not be a high pick. Id say it wont.
                      Yeah, that is kinda what I heard as well. I'm 99.99% sure they won't be picking @ #5. There will be several teams wanting to move up.
                      Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                      REC: 8
                      YARDS: 89
                      TDS: 2

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Wow. Hard to watch. It's amazing he is such a great coach and I am sure he is a great communicator with his coaches and players. Yet, he is so uncomfortable and hard to follow when interviewed.

TG
                        My impression was that he was uncomfortably dancing to avoid stepping on Hortiz' toes. But I heard honest excitement about Apr 3rd OTAs and his 1st player meeting as the LA Chargers HC..

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

We have moved on from "football playin' Jesses" to "stone cold killers". Who's got it better than us?

Harbaugh does know what is going on. The reporters did a great job asking about a lot of players and I liked Harbaugh's command. I just cannot fathom what it is like to talk with him regularly. It must be maddening.

Mrs Harbaugh: "Jim, do you want chinese or mexican for dinner tonight?"

Jim: (Big pause, empty stare). "Chinese or Mexican? Food? pause......My favorite thing about food is my favorite thing......ah.....pause....When I think about those cooks, I think,...just do you. Don't get a big head. Cooking is a great profession. Ah, cook at the top of your profession. pause......stare.....It's like that show, Frank Cannon, ah.....it was an awesome show, ah...really good. Whether we have, ah, Mexican or ah, Chinese, I ask myself, did they aquit themselves well? Ah, you know I mean, ah, what food depends on no other food to be good, but every other food depends on them to taste good? Do you? do you like Mexican food? I just can't I can't wait to get in that room, to start eating, its a smorgasboard, all you can eat buffet, right here. Because all of us eating is like a fist, you know there is one, two, three, ah....."

At some point, Mrs H just orders pizza and walks away.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X