• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'd prefer to keep Mack over Bosa as well. But Mack's cap number may be prohibitive. If they want to jettison both, that's fine, but they had better draft an edge rusher no later than Day 2 and they should draft another one Day 3. This is why I have advocated trading down from #5 to acquire more picks in rounds 2-4 in order to fill cap casualty roster holes.
    Really, Bosa and Mack have very similar salaries, Mack is scheduled to make $23 and Bosa is scheduled to make $22. So if only keeping one and the decision is to keep one, unless they really get a great deal for Mack, keeping Mack all day every day. Granted, I think now is the time to move on from Mack and maximize his value. I am just moving on from Bosa as don't think he is worth the risk

EDIT: Nick Gates is being June 1 release by the WTF Commanders -- they and the Patriots are fighting for most cap space. But when you are drafting 2nd and 3rd, and have no QB - makes sense

Gates has a higher PFF than both Clapp and Cole. Might be a name to watch unless injury concerns.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bosa's dad was highly drafted highly touted prospect in the '80s whose injuries from day one in the NFL wrecked his career. His brother has his own injury history with the Niners.
      Agree, it's in the genes, just like the ability they inherited.

Kinda like when you meet your girlfriends Mom. If her mother is shaped like a pear or the opposite .. as my wife calls it, an apple body, chances are she will too unless the Dad is slim, then there is a chance depending on which she takes after more lol

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

If we get rid of Mack and Bosa, I think Dallas Turner moves to the top of the Bolt’s draft board. That completely changes the dynamic of team restocking. And I’d hate to see that happen.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          If we get rid of Mack and Bosa, I think Dallas Turner moves to the top of the Bolt’s draft board. That completely changes the dynamic of team restocking. And I’d hate to see that happen.
          I don't think that. You don't reach to fill a need in the draft. They would use free agency to build out the roster to fill needs. The draft, and yes, there is the debate between BPA and Need - but you always take talent. Now, could they trade down and get Turner, perhaps. And maybe Hortiz has Turner rank top 2 on his board (exclusive of QBs). But Hortiz comes from the Ravens - they have a process and stick to the process

Even if the Chargers cannot work out a deal with Allen (granted I think they do) and move on from MW, that doesnt make the pick automatically WR.

Free agency - -plug holes

The Draft - get talent

Comment

• Stetson516
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2024
            • Send PM

We trade to 6 to Giants, grab a second rounder and giants get OT, then at 6 trade to ATL for another 2nd and they get WR. We draft Terrion Arnold at 8. Case closed. We lost by a handful of points most games last year. Take 1 TD off the board and we're drafting in the 20s... the rookie deal would make sense for CB, WR, LT, EDGE. Other than that it's not worth the price to sign them after 5th year option. Too expensive to sign a TE 1st rounder later. Stop talking about Bowers. We need a shut down corner. It's the single most position needed most. Terrion is gonna be DROY

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Turner is perhaps the best defender in the draft at the most critical position on D. Nobody bats an eye if the Bolts take him at 5. And a few teams would poop their pants. I also wouldn’t let Bosa go as a FA only to try and replace him with another (expensive) FA.

This is all 3-D chess that’s for sure.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Turner is perhaps the best defender in the draft at the most critical position on D. Nobody bats an eye if the Bolts take him at 5. And a few teams would poop their pants. I also wouldn’t let Bosa go as a FA only to try and replace him with another (expensive) FA.

This is all 3-D chess that’s for sure.
                Teams need to be cap compliant by Wednesday March 13
                Hopefully Hortiz starts doing something next week.
                Still waiting for his first roster move. Linsley really doesn't count
                Nobody signed, nobody released

Come on Joe - we are waiting for that first tweet bomb from Schefter or somebody

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, it's in the genes, just like the ability they inherited.

Kinda like when you meet your girlfriend's Mom. If her mother is shaped like a pear or the opposite .. as my wife calls it, an apple body, chances are she will too unless the Dad is slim, then there is a chance depending on which she takes after more lol
                  Important to properly scout the GF's mom and dad. No doubt

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

So if there is a question that we could get ATLs 2nd going back to 8, we certainly aren't getting the Giants second for moving back one spot.

However, for ATL, if they want a QB we certainly need to get that 2nd and maybe another pick.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      So if there is a question that we could get ATLs 2nd going back to 8, we certainly aren't getting the Giants second for moving back one spot.

However, for ATL, if they want a QB we certainly need to get that 2nd and maybe another pick.
                      Maybe? Daniels or Maye on the board that's definitely a possibility.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Gotta love our genetics experts here on TPB.

Does Harbs have a Geneticist ?

We really need one more assistant coach.
                        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ditto. Most of his longer injuries have been soft tissue types - I trust Ben to strengthen. Any guy making north of $20M should be in the facility, setting an example, putting in that $20M of effort. No more swamp gator wrassling training on your own.

It will be interesting to see if they cut bait. Kicking his can down the road could instead sign a different younger FA Edge player and kick that can for 2024 cap relief. I can see them doing either- really no idea. Good edge players are gonna cost and just stripping the roster and betting on the draft is risky - there isn’t that monster guy worth a #5, or I don’t know if there is. They will scout and decide, TRUST.

Mack - I think I’d ride that contract out, or extend 1 more year with an out to squeeze a little dead cap to 2025. He earns his pay, he’s a Harbaugh type of player, he sets a tough tone for the entire team. Ya wanna get tougher, Mack’s a guy to go to war with. A late 3rd, or 4th won’t come close to what he brings.
                          I'd prefer to keep Mack and trade Bosa...

Comment

Working...
                          X