• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

I think this is somewhat skewing the facts concerning wide receivers. Probably most of them are taken in the late first round like we took QJ. I have a weird feeling that after this years draft those numbers are going to drastically change to like 30% for first and 30% for second rounders. LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Teams that don't have a great WR, LT are desperate to find one and take more chances.
      Yeah these are premium positions too.

Also provides insight in how some teams continually invest in IOL and always have a good online. They're effectively taking on less draft capitol risk.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        I think this is somewhat skewing the facts concerning wide receivers. Probably most of them are taken in the late first round like we took QJ. I have a weird feeling that after this years draft those numbers are going to drastically change to like 30% for first and 30% for second rounders. LOL!
        I don't think so - I think its far fewer OCs or TEs are ever taken in R1 due to "value". The R1 picks for these positions that are taken are just more likely to be evaluated to be extraordinary. OCs in particular - I'd guess most R1 OCs were taken late(r) in R1, not early.

WRs are more often taken in R1 even if they are not superstar consensus locks. And of course, Al Davis single-handedly skewed their stat with his annual wacky over-draft of a doomed track star
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don't think so - I think its far fewer OCs or TEs are ever taken in R1 due to "value". The R1 picks for these positions that are taken are just more likely to be evaluated to be extraordinary. OCs in particular - I'd guess most R1 OCs were taken late(r) in R1, not early.

WRs are more often taken in R1 even if they are not superstar consensus locks. And of course, Al Davis single-handedly skewed their stat with his annual wacky over-draft of a doomed track star
          I'm just thinking that this year it's going to provide very good NFL wide receivers not just superstars...Meaning the success rate of just getting successful receivers will be off the charts for this year...I think what I was trying to say is that WRs are over drafted in the bottom of the first round in lean years (Like QJ) who should have been taken in the second round which really skews the success rate for WRs in general.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Yeah these are premium positions too.

Also provides insight in how some teams continually invest in IOL and always have a good online. They're effectively taking on less draft capitol risk.
            IOL drafted rd 2 - 5 is pretty steady.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm not forgetting anything and I've said for coaches to work it out too. I'll trust their evaluations. I'm not a Pipkins fanboy, I'm just not a hysterical critic.
              you are forgetting Pipkins played well at RT in 2022. He allowed 2 sacks in ~900 snaps. You're also forgetting he played better than Salyer and Zion (and Clapp) in 2023. Or, rather, you're ignoring it.

Replace every name not Mack is what this forum sounds like most days. I'm calmer than that.
              Pip had a lot of help in 2022 that I recall. Any RT will look better with somebody chipping his guy. One on one, just haven’t seen it, but agree the coaches can work it out. The IOL was so dreadful in 2023 not sure Pip scaling out better is a reason to keep him lol. (And that last was a joke, I say, a joke 😎).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Pip had a lot of help in 2022 that I recall. Any RT will look better with somebody chipping his guy. One on one, just haven’t seen it, but agree the coaches can work it out. The IOL was so dreadful in 2023 not sure Pip scaling out better is a reason to keep him lol. (And that last was a joke, I say, a joke 😎).
                lol ok. Pip had alot of help, Salyer had none. got it.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

lol ok. Pip had alot of help, Salyer had none. got it.
                  I’m sure both did. Coaches will sort it out, hopefully for the better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

But it is a restructure though. You just described what a restructure is in the following sentence.
                    traditional restructures as most of us understand them is when the team converts salary into bonuses to spread the hit over multiple years creating cap space, but this is different, Linsley is not getting anything, they are cutting salary he would've made out of the deal in 2024 to help minimize the dead cap hit once he retires, so it's both a restructure and a pay cut but it really isn't either one as well, it's a special deal...

it's a one time RPRCRR or "retirement pay reduction cap relief restructure"
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

You seem to be forgetting Salyer’s much better play at LT the year before, when Slater was injured. I mean even Slater looked pretty bad at times last season, and Zion was about equally bad as Salyer was.

Im willing to let the new coaches work this out, Salyer was great at RT at college, and has position flexibility. If he’s only good for a backup so be it.

Seriously, there’s only one player last season who played lights out (and it wasn’t Herbert..). Replace everyone not named Mack lol.
                      and why are you selectively forgetting or leaving out the part about how pipkins played much better in 2022 as well? so one guy gets a pass for 2023 but the other doesn't? pipkin's critics agree that the whole line had a down year in 2023 but at the same time it's become a fantastic opportunity to single out the guy they don't like and everyone else get's a pass, LOL...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I’m sure both did. Coaches will sort it out, hopefully for the better.
                        Agree. If they decide to play Salyer over Pip at RT, thats A-ok with me - like I give a flip. they forgot more football than I'll ever know.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

and why are you selectively forgetting or leaving out the part about how pipkins played much better in 2022 as well? so one guy gets a pass for 2023 but the other doesn't? pipkin's critics agree that the whole line had a down year in 2023 but at the same time it's become a fantastic opportunity to single out the guy they don't like and everyone else get's a pass, LOL...
                          I guess I’ve seen so much bad play from Pip, including recently, I think of 2022 as an anomaly. Sayler, I’d give him a pass based on much better college play, also he was not in the spot I think is his best in 2023, whereas Pip was. Move Salyer back to his natural position, I think we get better play at RT. But I’m also fine letting it play out in TC as the new coaches think best. Heck, we may draft somebody better than both.

Comment

Working...
                          X