• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Rather go Estime and Bralon in the draft for a one two punch.Possibly keep Spiller or Kelly as a 3rd back.
    I'm hoping we're done with Kelly...and I don't think that Spiller fits the profile of the types of backs that Hortiz has drafted in the past...and I don't think spiller is safe in new Harbaugh era on account of where he was drafted...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Yeah wont lose any sleep if they let em go.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

I want all new backfield and all new TEs, clean fucking house in both of those areas, also all new Back up offensive linemen except for macfadden...wait we also need all new backup QBs, shit, I guess we do need a lot of new players...
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Kay Adams interviewed Saquan. She mentioned the rumored Jim Harbaugh interest (via Ryan Leaf on NFL Network) Saquan he said he has nothing but respect for Coach Harbaugh and said he is a big fan of Justin Herbert. Said if the opportunity presented itself to play in LA he wouldnt be opposed to it.

Comment

• ChargerBooster
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Rather go Estime and Bralon in the draft for a one two punch.Possibly keep Spiller or Kelly as a 3rd back.
            Estime is the guy I have targeted for us to draft as one of our RBs. If Spiller comes in stronger and improved, could make a case for keeping and using him, though Kelly to his complete credit put in all the work, time in the weight room and showed it on the field. Still I don’t see him as an absolute lock, though in contemplating the offense that right now I can imagine us putting out there, Kelly could certainly be one pounding the rock and opponents; still I find it hard to let go of the talent and potential I’ve seen in Spiller. But again have to see if he comes in stronger and just a touch bigger. We’ll see.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Spiller is kinda young ain't he?Maybe a professional training program with Herbert and Harbaugh might untap some of his potential.Guess we will know how the coaches view him come draft day.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

he has a knack for creating timely turnovers, some of that is instinct but a lot of that is dedication thru film study...he's a solid guy that I wouldn't mind seeing on the team going forward but with so much already invested at safety in both DJ and a 3rd for JT Woods, I wonder if Gillman is even being considered as a guy to bring back due to cap issues...
                We’re still talking about JT Woods? He was 6th on the depth chart at best and even when not injured he was a healthy scratch most weeks. He’s a nothing and I can’t imagine will be on the roster next year even with a new staff.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Spiller is kinda young ain't he?Maybe a professional training program with Herbert and Harbaugh might untap some of his potential.Guess we will know how the coaches view him come draft day.
                  Spiller is very young, he is either 22 or turning 22 years old this year, all I know is they talked a lot about him being the youngest player in the 2022 draft when he was 20 years old...you might have a point about spiller still having upside, he's a bigger back with wiggle, and I was one that liked the pick at the time...

My issue with Spiller is that he's like what 6'3" tall (?) and over 215 pounds? but you wouldn't know it by the way he plays, can he learn how to make a defense feel that? I'm not saying he plays soft but he doesn't play up to his size...if he can be coached to be more decisive and stick with the first read then push the pile or break tackles then he has a chance to become something, right now the kid goes down even before the defense puts there hands on him, I can't remember seeing a RB trip more on plays while he's making cuts, it's annoying as fuck!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

We’re still talking about JT Woods? He was 6th on the depth chart at best and even when not injured he was a healthy scratch most weeks. He’s a nothing and I can’t imagine will be on the roster next year even with a new staff.
                    you might be right, he might be a big time bust already...we never did find out why he was like off the team for a big stretch last season, if there was an injury the team is obligated to report it to the NFL...maybe I just missed the story? why was he out?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Spiller is very young, he is either 22 or turning 22 years old this year, all I know is they talked a lot about him being the youngest player in the 2022 draft when he was 20 years old...you might have a point about spiller still having upside, he's a bigger back with wiggle, and I was one that liked the pick at the time...

My issue with Spiller is that he's like what 6'3" tall (?) and over 215 pounds? but you wouldn't know it by the way he plays, can he learn how to make a defense feel that? I'm not saying he plays soft but he doesn't play up to his size...if he can be coached to be more decisive and stick with the first read then push the pile or break tackles then he has a chance to become something, right now the kid goes down even before the defense puts there hands on him, I can't remember seeing a RB trip more on plays while he's making cuts, it's annoying as fuck!
                      Yep...we don't want players who keep trippin' ...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

you might be right, he might be a big time bust already...we never did find out why he was like off the team for a big stretch last season, if there was an injury the team is obligated to report it to the NFL...maybe I just missed the story? why was he out?
                        Wonder if he was in Staley's doghouse for some reason...

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

I'm hoping we're done with Kelly...and I don't think that Spiller fits the profile of the types of backs that Hortiz has drafted in the past...and I don't think spiller is safe in new Harbaugh era on account of where he was drafted...
                          What? You don't want Kelley/Spiller on the roster? How un-Telesco like, both of you.

Comment

Working...
                          X