• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Your two-year plan sure doesn't line up with what our new HC has done in the past. Everywhere he's gone, get's better in year one.
    I agree...I think if this team had actually gave a crap about Staley we could have easily gone 8-9 or so...easy flip to 9-8 or 10-7 with a chance for playoffs. Get rid of expensive injury prone players and we actually might be better than average.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just want to mention again, those are just a couple of bad reps there. They say he was solid otherwise but not sure if he was solid over all or at OG or both? That was a wild hike over the QBs head lol.
      I got it. A couple plays.
      It was more of the same at LG in '23. Not a good year for Zion.He didn't play well.
      I hope he works out for the new staff. Moving him around from RG to LG was a bust. He went downhill.
      IMO we need a good vet or top C in the draft. Somebody that knows the job.
      Train Zion to play OG better would be my 1st choice with him.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

for those of you hoping Pips gets "coached up" by this new staff.... dude's already done the ring around w/Duke Mayweather.... is there another miracle worker that Master Wu likes better than Duke ??

and for those of you thinking it's time to move off of Mack for 2025 cap space/roster depth.... we already left George Pickens on the board by trading for Mack.... we need as much value as possible from Khalil.... he ain't done yet, and el Jimbo is just getting started here.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I am 100% fine pushing Allen and Mack. one year is all they need for all of the other dead weight to clear thru and they are both premium players still playing at a premium level. Harbo already specifically mentioned Allen, and there is no tough ass baller on defense more tough ass and harbaugh-ish than Mack, he had one of his best seasons ever last year and still has a lot of dog left in him.

Meanwhile heading into 2025 we have cleaned out the dead caps of Bosa, Williams, JCJ, Linsley (apologies - he was very good but should retire), Kendricks, and have a cheap out for Pipkins if he doesn't rebound with good coaching and good schemes.

2024 Draft a WR and Edge, develop for future replacement either next yr or next. Its a sound plan, retains our two most important non-QB players from 2023 for one or two years and sets LAC up in 2025 and beyond to have sufficient cap flexibility to continue to build.
          I'm good with this plan, but I want Bowers with the first pick. Hoping we trade back about three spots and still get Brock.
          imo, we need a Center much more than we need another OT. I hope we can get a FA Center.
          I think our young guards will be better next year. They got a lot of on-the-job training this year.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

My expectation with the new regime is that the Chargers will draft and develop better than the previous Gm/HC combo. Obviously, nobody hits on all the picks but our development of players has been inadequate. Staley seemed to think he needed to pick up players that were successful on other teams or fit his system. He did not seem able to develop any players that were here and several took step backwards. I’m hard pressed to name a single player that improved during his time with the Chargers or even progressed over the course of the season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              My expectation with the new regime is that the Chargers will draft and develop better than the previous Gm/HC combo. Obviously, nobody hits on all the picks but our development of players has been inadequate. Staley seemed to think he needed to pick up players that were successful on other teams or fit his system. He did not seem able to develop any players that were here and several took step backwards. I’m hard pressed to name a single player that improved during his time with the Chargers or even progressed over the course of the season.
              I think this is just not a STaley thing - but a Telesco era thing.

I think I read like 3 or 4 players in rounds 2-7 were signed to second contracts. That includes Easton Stick who was signed to a one year deal. Allen is by far the best Non First Round pick

So yes, better drafting, better player development - understanding how a player fits the scheme. I know the Ravens get mentioned but they seem to do a good job of finding players that fit how they want to play.

Remember that one Oline Telesco put together - god bless him - he tried but it was King Dunlap, Orlando Franklin, Fluker, maybe Barksdale in there - who knows - but they were all just big dudes - huge. Not sure they all fit together

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think this is just not a STaley thing - but a Telesco era thing.

I think I read like 3 or 4 players in rounds 2-7 were signed to second contracts. That includes Easton Stick who was signed to a one year deal. Allen is by far the best Non First Round pick

So yes, better drafting, better player development - understanding how a player fits the scheme. I know the Ravens get mentioned but they seem to do a good job of finding players that fit how they want to play.

Remember that one Oline Telesco put together - god bless him - he tried but it was King Dunlap, Orlando Franklin, Fluker, maybe Barksdale in there - who knows - but they were all just big dudes - huge. Not sure they all fit together
                Pleasants is another of those big dudes...6-7, 330#...but with cinderblock feet...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Pleasants is another of those big dudes...6-7, 330#...but with cinderblock feet...
                  God bless those guys, they used to trip over each other trying to pull.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

QJ's reaction to Harbaugh

Quentin Johnston says he is excited to play for Jim Harbaugh and added he is "due for a breakout" in 2024.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh and Ben Herbert
                      talk in terms of constant improvement
                      and getting better each day.
                      The presser tomorrow
                      will mark the beginning
                      of a whole new brand of
                      Chargers football.
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Jim Harbaugh and Ben Herbert
                        talk in terms of constant improvement
                        and getting better each day.
                        The presser tomorrow
                        will mark the beginning
                        of a whole new brand of
                        Chargers football.
                        Yo, Jim Harbaugh, who the fuck is your OC? You gonna leave Justin hangin' out there?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Yo, Jim Harbaugh, who the fuck is your OC? You gonna leave Justin hangin' out there?
                          Pfft.
                          Important stuff first.
                          We just poached the analytics guy
                          from Brutha John.
                          Corey Krawiec.
                          Smart sounding name, eh ?
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                          X